Battery replacement notification

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Battery replacement notification

Is it possible to have an event that triggers when the battery needs replacement?

Thanks.
    Don

Originally posted by donstephens View Post
    Is it possible to have an event that triggers when the battery needs replacement?

Thanks.
    The Status flag HS3 device will contain the text REPLACE_BATTERY in its device string when it is time to change the battery. To build a trigger, you can do this if for example you have the Easy Trigger plugin. It has a trigger that let's you check if a string contains some text. Below are two screenshots how to configure it.

Besides using Easy Trigger, there might other ways to detect the text and trigger an event. I can see about adding a built-in trigger in the apcupsd plugin to trigger events based on flag changes in the status flag for in a future version.

NOTE: This only works if you use apcupsd as the driver/source not if you use NUT as NUT does not send such status flags. I am also not sure if all apc usd set this flag.
    Attached Files

Comment

Thanks!
      Don

Comment

I uploaded a new BETA version that supports triggers when bits are set or reset in the HS3 UPS Status Flag. This only works for APCUPSD drivers/UPS as NUT does not send the Status Flags. Give it a try if you are still looking for this feature. Attached is a screenshot of an example.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by pcp; June 24, 2018, 02:31 PM. Reason: added screenshot

Comment

Working...
        X