almost made my choice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

almost made my choice

has anyone seen or tried Home Control Assistant?
    HCA
    it looks pretty cool and runs good to i tried the trial, also tried out Power Home, HAL, and Automated Future Home.
    so far i love HS but would like it to be more user designed graphical.
    i know i will get used to it but this asp and script stuff is spinning my head but you guys are so much help i think i will stay with HS
    thanks a bunch
    guess I'm ready to buy
    FB Page - https://www.facebook.com/pages/Capt-Tim/209398425902188

HSTouch Layouts - https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...5902188&type=3

hi fungun,

I don't have any first hand experience with HCA but the Visual Programmer looks interesting. It's kind of like LabView where you draw code instead of writing lines of code. I've always found LabView an intriguing paradigm for programming.

Have you tried out the free touch panel plug-in? You'd be amazed what some members on this board have done with the graphics.

I don't think anything can touch HS when it comes to an open ended architecture where you can basically plug anything in that your imagination can come up with. There are hundreds of free scripts available and to top it all off the members here are the most talented and giving group of people you'll find on the planet.

I hope you decide to jump in and join us.

Comment

Well put Joe, I second that notion! Nothing beats a good community for your hobby.

-Tom
      -Tom

Visit Kernhome
      Kern Theater Gallery

(User: guest / Pass: guest)

Comment

Tom,

Nice HS webpage!
        Martin Custer

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Tom Kern:
          Nothing beats a good community for your hobby.

-Tom <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You know, I couldn't possibly agree with that statement anymore. One of my other hobbies is collecting meteorites (as in rocks that fall out of the sky). I've got one of the largest private collections in this part of the country. I've done deals with some of the leading research institutions in the world. A meteorite collecting organization that I founded and was the president of has been featured in Sky & Telescope magazine. The "god" of meteorites (O. Richard Norton) once sent me a deluxe edition of the "bible" of meteorites (Rocks From Space) to say thanks for providing the material he needed for a museum display he was working on. Not only that but I hardly ever do anything in that area anymore because of the constant bickering and petty crap that goes along with that area of interest. Home automation and meteorites hold about the same level of interest for me. The automation stuff has a much higher WAF and the people are much nicer as well. Not only that but some of the stuff I learn in this hobby I can actually apply to my job (network engineer).
          Thanks to not only the common courtesy but the kindness of the people on this board I still love my rock collection but enjoy my new hobby quite a bit more these days.
          Thanks all!

Comment

Martin,

Thanks! and thank for stopping by.

Fireball -- Sounds like I would like to see your collection. I'm not hugely into that, but I think anyone could appreciate it. Anyway, enjoy the Home Automation hobby since you can do little by little and enjoy the difference it makes. Now, off to a party! Have a safe Fourth!

-Tom
            -Tom

Visit Kernhome
            Kern Theater Gallery

(User: guest / Pass: guest)

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Kern
              Well put Joe, I second that notion! Nothing beats a good community for your hobby.

-Tom
              My congratulations too, nice page !!!

Comment

Working...
              X