Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Genie Instance of DirecTV not working in HSTOUCH

Hi guys,

I have installed the DirecTV plugin with the main instance and a second Genie instance of the plugin.

The remote for the main instance works in all 3 places, i.e.

- web browser
    - windows client in HS touch designer
    - project deployed onto my iphone 6

however, the 2nd instance only works in the following

- web browser
    - windows client in HS touch designer

and not on the iphone deployment - when I open the iphone screen having the 2nd instance of the remote, it comes up as a blank white area.

The URL's are as follows:

Main instance:
    h t t p://192.168.237.227:801/directvremote?nohsheader=1&nohsfooter=1&width=625&height=775

2nd instance (Genie)
    h t t p://192.168.237.227:801/directvremote?instance=DirecTV%202&nohsheader=1&nohsfooter=1 &width=625&height=775

I have included screenprints of all of the above below.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Dennis
    Attached Files

please try to recreate your second instance with no space in the name: DirecTV2 or DirecTV_2, probably the iOS client does not handle the space very well in the url.

Comment

please try to recreate your second instance with no space in the name: DirecTV2 or DirecTV_2, probably the iOS client does not handle the space very well in the url.
      Thanks for your prompt reply! - yes, that did the trick.

One more quirk with the Genie instance: the remote is able to control most functions on the unit EXCEPT the On and Off buttons. This issue however is not specific to the Iphone deployment, as it doesnt work anywhere (i.e. windows client, within the plugin itself or the browser based remote). On and Off work fine on the main instance.

Is there anything additional needed to get this working?

Thanks again

Dennis

Comment

Originally posted by MrWassen View Post
        Thanks for your prompt reply! - yes, that did the trick.

One more quirk with the Genie instance: the remote is able to control most functions on the unit EXCEPT the On and Off buttons. This issue however is not specific to the Iphone deployment, as it doesnt work anywhere (i.e. windows client, within the plugin itself or the browser based remote). On and Off work fine on the main instance.

Is there anything additional needed to get this working?

Thanks again

Dennis
        It's a known problem, On/Off doesn't work for Genie clients, unfortunately the problem is not on the plugin side and I never found any explanations for this issue.

Comment

Working...
        X