TTS routing problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mikee123 View Post
    I have the below event, and when I send the TTS to $SONOS$KitchenTTS$ its working fine. I now added a new speaker (added it in the Sonos PI config page), so I edited speaker clients (in the event) and added $SONOS$GymTTS$. In the action it showed both speaker clients. But it is only coming out of one. If I add a seperate action for the $SONOS$GymTTS$ it works, but it plays first on the Kitchen and then on the Gym one. So the speaker is working, so I guess I have to do that differently ?
    Can you post the linkgroup table on the config page.

Dirk

Comment

Here it is:
      Attached Files

Comment

Here it is:
        Remind me again which version of the PI you are using? Only version 3.1.x.x supports multiple speakerclients as part of ONE action.

Secondly, if you want the TTS to come out of two or three speakers, make different linkgroups with multiple Sonos players, rather than multiple actions in an event. The latter always makes it sequential which is what you probably NOT want.

Dirk

Comment

Ok I am on 3.0.0.21, so need fo update. Strange as I have not been using this PI for longer than 2 or 3 weeks. Where do I find the update ? Just had a look but cant see it under manage plugins.
          So I need to create a new linkgroup which consists of my gym speaker and my kitchen speaker, and add that as speaker client ?

Comment

Ok I am on 3.0.0.21, so need fo update. Strange as I have not been using this PI for longer than 2 or 3 weeks. Where do I find the update ? Just had a look but cant see it under manage plugins.
            So I need to create a new linkgroup which consists of my gym speaker and my kitchen speaker, and add that as speaker client ?
            At the bottom of the updater is a "beta" section. That's where I've posted the latest version with the latest fixes. Because this version also support Linux and is very different from the one you have, I've kept it in that section now for quite a while before I retire the R3.0.x.x stream.

I'd advice you to subscribe to these 2 forum threads to see what's happening

https://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=174119
            https://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=161855

Anyway, your solution is really in creating linkgroups. I know they show up under speaker clients, but that's a long story, they are NOT speaker clients, it hijacks HS functions going back many years.

So the advice is to think of it as which players should participate in which events. You may have an ALL speaker group for events that you want to broadcast to all players, perhaps a group that doesn't have a bedroom for late evening announcements etc.

Makes sense?

Dirk

Comment

Yes that makes sense. Will implement and test later but do not anticipate any problems really. And I will update to the latest beta. Thanks for that

Comment

Working...
              X