This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KeypadLinc in plugin shows 6 channels but only 5 buttons

- Dual-Band KeypadLinc 6 button dimmer (Model 2334-232, Firmware V45, Protocol i2CS)
    - Insteon 2413U USB PLM
    - Plugin Version 3.0.6.0 (first time install, not upgraded from previous version)

So I hooked up my first KPL yesterday (just hot/neutral, no load) and would like to use all 6 buttons independently to either toggle devices or scenes. I installed the plug-in and manually added the KPL (put KPL into link mode by holding set button for 3 seconds, then click the manually add button) and at first it only shows 5 channels:
    1. Button On/Off
    2. Button A
    3. Button B
    4. Button C
    5. Button D

The only Button Mode options I have for any of the 5 buttons are Toggle and Non-Toggle On. No option for Non-Toggle Off.

I was expecting to see 6 channels/buttons (should be one more for the Off button right?). I tried changing channel 1 button mode to "Non-Toggle On" hoping that would somehow unlock the missing button but no such luck. I tried deleting the device from the plugin and then factory resetting the KPL and then re-adding it via tap-add but end up with the same thing.

I saw the Op Flag for "Detach Load" and decided to try changing it from default "Disabled" and turn it on "Enabled" to see if that would help. This added another channel called "Load" but no associated "Button Mode" and after redoing the "Program Device for HomeSeer" there is still no device created in HomeSeer for the "load"/channel 6.

I tried many times to delete the drive, factory reset, and re-add it (trying manual and tap-add several times each) after restarting the plugin/HS3/computer, and every time the KPL gets added in the same way.

What could I be doing wrong here?

I dont believe this is any kind of network issue as I have never had any issues with Insteon beforehand and the plugin shows Excellent Msg Quality for all 8 of my Insteon devices and vast majority of comms are 1 hop.

I do keep getting an error in the logs:

Error in DeleteLinkByGroup: Index was outside the bounds of the array -- Details System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array at Insteon.Support.Core.InsteonModule.DeleteLinkByGroup(Partici pantClass Participant, Int32 GroupIndex)
    I changed logging to Detailed and attached the latest Insteon error log to this post.

Any help is much appreciated!

System Profile:
    Current Date/Time: 2/12/2017 5:19:51 PM
    HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.298
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Professional - Work Station
    System Uptime: 1 Day 3 Hours 59 Minutes 16 Seconds
    IP Address: 192.168.86.14
    Number of Devices: 187
    Number of Events: 128
    Available Threads: 200

Enabled Plug-Ins
    3.0.21.28949: Blue-Iris
    2.0.18.0: BLUPS
    3.0.0.30: EasyTrigger
    3.0.0.68: HSTouch Server
    3.0.1.0: IFTTT
    3.0.6.0: Insteon
    3.0.0.11: NetCAM
    3.0.1.87: Z-Wave
    Attached Files

KPLs with Fw 40+ no longer support non-toggle off.

Also, with the newer KPLs I got rid of the (6) Off Channel. It didn't do anything.

I would disable the "Detach Load" feature unless you know you need it.

let me know if the error continues after you change the op flag.
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Originally posted by mnsandler View Post
      KPLs with Fw 40+ no longer support non-toggle off.
      That saddens me as I guess the ISY still has a way to do this (my v.43 KPLs still have non-toggle off support and I use it in a lot of locations). I was hoping to move away from the ISY to your plugin. Do you have a way to fake it without having to create a scene that turns the LED off (maybe the ISY does this internally without any user facing scenes?)?

Comment

you can use the non-toggle On to turn other devices off. just link the other devices and set the on-level to 0
        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
        Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
        Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
        Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

What is the purpose of the "detach load" setting? Can you provide any example use-cases? In my case I am not using the KPL dimmer to power any lights, the red "load" wire is not connected to anything. I figured "detach load" means that it would stop automatically switching the load with the on/off buttons and that made sense to me, thinking maybe it would extend the life of the KPL if it's not unnecessarily switching the load on/off. Is that not what it means?

Also...I noticed that when I have Channel 1 (Button On/Load) button mode set to Toggle I am not actually seeing any toggle with that single button...meaning I press it once and I get an ON command and light turns on, then I press it again and get the same ON command and light stays on. It just sends the ON command as far as I can tell from the detailed logs. The OFF button exhibits same behavior except it only sends the OFF command. So it seems like they share channel 1 and the big ON button is operating in "Non-Toggle ON" mode and the big OFF button is operating in "Non-Toggle OFF" mode all the time no matter what you have plugin channel 1 button mode set to.

I'd like to be able to separate the On and Off buttons and also use direct control from KPL to Insteon responders where possible while also keeping devices synced and controlled from within in HS3/HSTouch. I have the KPL button backlighting turned off so no need to worry about keeping those in sync. Tried messing around with plugin grouping but I'm pretty confused. Let me just tell you what I want to do and then hopefully somebody can tell me the best way to do it.

Desired State of physical buttons:
          --ON Button - Toggle Insteon FanLinc-Light On/Off via direct control (and notify HS so it can update device status in HS)
          --A Button - Toggle Z-wave Lamp1 On/Off
          --B Button - Toggle Z-wave Lamp2 On/Off
          --C Button - Toggle Z-wave Lamp3 On/Off
          --D Button - Toggle Insteon FanLinc-Fan through Low>Medium>High>Off
          --OFF Button - "All off" aka Non-Toggle OFF that will turn off the FanLinc-Light and FanLinc-Fan directly as well as trigger HomeSeer to turn all 3 z-wave lamps off.

Comment

you have the right idea about the 'detach load' feature with one addition. you can still control the load via hs using the extra channel created (as you saw before).

for your desired states: you will only be able to accomplish A,B,C.

the ON btn will only transmit an on and the OFF button will only transmit an off. and they both transmit the same group number. so they will control the same linked devices just with a different cmd.

you might consider an 8btn kpl:

the A btn will transmit an on/off

you could use b,c,d as you suggested and then use e,f,g,h to do Low>Medium>High>Off

you wouldn't be able to have an all off btn however.
            Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Working...
            X