aeon multisensor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

aeon multisensor

I have just bought the aeon multisensor (eu version) and added it to my hs2 zwave network. The only thing that operates correctly is the motion, temp reads 0 all the time and the humidity and luminance devices are not created when adding into hs. It is,however, very frustrating as in the root config it asks which group this info should be sent to so hs clearly recognises the device. I have tick and unticked the check boxes and deleted and added the node a few times but always the same result has anyone any ideas as I'm beginning to think that zwave is not a real standard as I have been "stung" twice now buying nodes that only half work with hs. Last time it has a radiator valve. Any help would be appreciated.

Phill

I have one of those and works flawlessly - I have motion, temp and luminance dependent events. It worked fine on battery and no I power it on USB in order to not have to deal w/ batteries.

Did you have sensor close to z-troller when you were adding it? Have you tried rescan?

Seems fishy to me - could be faulty sensor or poor z-wave network connection.

Comment

Thanks that's helpful i have tried several adds deletes rescans etc adding with stick and with hs button but same results each time. Thanks fore the gen. I am on latest hs release and also stick firmware. Just need check sensor firmware latest was 2012 and I have just purchased so this is unlikely to be an issue. It is really good to know they can work with hs and your gen tells me I probably have a faulty sensor but I am not sure why if it was a faulty sensor hs only creates 2 ( +battery) out of the 4 devices when it clearly understands the sensor has the capability. Anyway I will swap out and see.

Phill

Comment

Well as I expected nothing wrong with device hs does not create the devices properly for the multi sensor. Once I was lucky and got a luminance and motion device working at the same time but never temp and humidity.
        The following is from the hs log that shows that it is receiving from the sensor. Anybody tell me how to create devices manually? my statement stands if zwave were a proper standard and/or hs implemented it correctly this would not happen. Kinda getting fed up and board of deleting and adding nodes any help appreciated !

07/08/2013 16:08:51 Error (2) Sensor Multilevel Report for type Temperature received, but the corresponding device Node ID cannot be found.(2) Node/Instance=23/-1
        07/08/2013 16:08:51 Error (2) Sensor Multilevel Report for type Relative_Humidity received, but the corresponding device Node ID cannot be found.(2) Node/Instance=23/-1
        07/08/2013 16:08:51 Error (2) Sensor Multilevel Report for type Luminance received, but the corresponding device Node ID cannot be found.(2) Node/Instance=23/-1

Comment

Any update on this issue? I have the same problem, except it's confined to the Temperature sensor (I get luminance and motion OK). New sensor from Homeseer directly, HS2, current Z-Troller - have deleted and re-added while connected to HS2 via "Add" interface on web. Appears to have worked, retrieved node info just fine, except...the node info appears not to have the temperature, so when the temp message comes in it's an error.

Any ideas? Since every piece of this was purchased from Homeseer and has Homeseer logo on it, I'm not expecting any finger pointing telling me to look elsewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by centerisland View Post
            Any update on this issue? I have the same problem, except it's confined to the Temperature sensor (I get luminance and motion OK). New sensor from Homeseer directly, HS2, current Z-Troller - have deleted and re-added while connected to HS2 via "Add" interface on web. Appears to have worked, retrieved node info just fine, except...the node info appears not to have the temperature, so when the temp message comes in it's an error.

Any ideas? Since every piece of this was purchased from Homeseer and has Homeseer logo on it, I'm not expecting any finger pointing telling me to look elsewhere.
            What version of HS2 are you running?
            💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

HomeSeer Version: Professional Edition 2.5.0.49
              HomeSeer: Is Registered
              HomeSeer Localization: English (United States)
              Operating System: Microsoft Windows Server 2012 Essentials - Domain Controller
              OS Version: 6.2.9200 Service Pack: 0.0

I get this message in my log every hour:
              2/4/2014 4:14:45 PM Error (2) Sensor Multilevel Report for type Temperature received, but the corresponding device Node ID cannot be found.(2) Node/Instance=23/-1

Here's what my Status is for this device (added again this morning):
              No Status Z-Wave Z-Wave Interface Root Device 23 Q34 (23) Z-Wave Root Device Never Set
              Off-Closed-No Motion Z-Wave Z-Wave Interface Child 23 Sensor Binary Q36 Z-Wave Sensor Binary Today 3:13:25 PM
              2 % Z-Wave Z-Wave Interface Child 23 Luminance Q37 Z-Wave Sensor Multilevel Luminance Today 4:14:45 PM
              Battery Level 100% Z-Wave Z-Wave Interface Child 23 Battery Q35 Z-Wave Battery Today 8:01:33 AM

Comment

Glad someone has confirmed this as an issue a few times when trying to get this to work I got the same set of sensors as you but never a full house! The problem I find is that you pretty much have no idea if a zwave device is going to work with hs or not you just have to shell out the cost and hope! They even have the cheek to charge for their diagnosis tool so no help there either

Comment

Sure, it's an issue. But I think that my patience is exhausted - I'll just return it.

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
                    I answered that above, and just for the heck of it I did the Resync, which worked perfectly (see log) and...then the same damned Temperature error message immediately after:

2/7/2014 3:37:15 PM Z-Wave ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                    2/7/2014 3:37:15 PM Z-Wave ********** Reloading Z-Wave Device with Node ID of 23 **********
                    2/7/2014 3:37:21 PM Z-Wave Contacting node 23 to get supported features
                    2/7/2014 3:37:21 PM Z-Wave Device: Z-Wave Z-Wave Interface Root Device 23 (Node 23) supports class(es): COMMAND_CLASS_SENSOR_BINARY, COMMAND_CLASS_SENSOR_MULTILEVEL, COMMAND_CLASS_ASSOCIATION_V2, COMMAND_CLASS_ASSOCIATION_COMMAND_CONFIGURATION, COMMAND_CLASS_CONFIGURATION_V2, COMMAND_CLASS_WAKE_UP, COMMAND_CLASS_BATTERY, COMMAND_CLASS_MANUFACTURER_SPECIFIC, COMMAND_CLASS_VERSION
                    2/7/2014 3:37:21 PM Z-Wave Attempting to get manufacturer ID from device 23...
                    2/7/2014 3:37:21 PM Z-Wave Z-Wave manufacturer ID: 30=1EH (HomeSeer Tech), Type: 2=2H, ID: 2=2H
                    2/7/2014 3:37:21 PM Z-Wave Z-Wave device 23 version: Lib: 3.52 App: 3.6
                    2/7/2014 3:37:21 PM Z-Wave Device supports 1 groups for associations
                    2/7/2014 3:37:21 PM Z-Wave Programming device Z-Wave Z-Wave Interface Root Device 23 (23) to send wake-up notifications to HomeSeer.
                    2/7/2014 3:37:21 PM Z-Wave Setting wake-up interval for device Root Device 23 to 1 hours and 0 minutes.
                    2/7/2014 3:37:21 PM Z-Wave ========== Done with Z-Wave Device with Node ID of 23 ==========
                    2/7/2014 3:37:21 PM Z-Wave Node 23 (Z-Wave Z-Wave Interface Root Device 23) supports the Wake-Up Command Class Version 2 - Capabilities were retrieved successfully.
                    2/7/2014 3:37:21 PM Z-Wave Programming device Z-Wave Z-Wave Interface Root Device 23 (23) to send wake-up notifications to HomeSeer.
                    2/7/2014 3:37:21 PM Z-Wave Setting wake-up interval for device Root Device 23 to 1 hours and 0 minutes.
                    2/7/2014 3:37:21 PM Z-Wave Getting the current level for the node and any child devices...
                    2/7/2014 3:37:22 PM Z-Wave ********** Done with sync of Z-Wave Device with Node ID of 23 **********
                    2/7/2014 3:37:22 PM Device Update Device: Z-Wave Z-Wave Interface Child 23 Sensor Binary Status set to ON/OPEN/MOTION
                    2/7/2014 3:37:22 PM Device Update Device: Z-Wave Z-Wave Interface Child 23 Luminance value set to 0 (0/%)
                    2/7/2014 3:37:22 PM Device Update Device: Z-Wave Z-Wave Interface Child 23 Luminance value set to 3 (300/%)
                    2/7/2014 3:39:13 PM Device Update Device: Z-Wave Z-Wave Interface Child 23 Luminance value set to 10 (1000/%)
                    2/7/2014 3:39:13 PM Error (2) Sensor Multilevel Report for type Temperature received, but the corresponding device Node ID cannot be found.(2) Node/Instance=23/-1
                    2/7/2014 3:39:14 PM Device Update Device: Z-Wave Z-Wave Interface Child 23 Luminance value set to 6 (600/%)

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
                      Rupp? Can you add anything more to this? If not I'll just return it. Since this is the featured sale item this week there will probably be some more folks piling on this thread...

Comment

glad you guys posted this. I was on the fence since having the motion, temp and humidity in one outdoor device was making me lean to try one.

They will probably fix it eventually when they fix the ca9000 etc

Comment

Working...
                        X