X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UltraM1G3 Beta for HomeSeer3

Installation Instructions:

1) Click Plug-Ins > Manage.
    2) Click the + icon next to Additional Interfaces.
    3) Under Security Panel Plug-Ins, click the checkbox under Install.
    4) Under Pending Updates/Installs, click Download and Install.
    5) Once installed, you'll need to click Enabled, then Disabled, then Enabled again (appears to be a HomeSeer3 bug).
    5) Click Plug-Ins > UltraM1G3 > UltraM1G3, then click the Options tab.
    6) Under Elk M1G Connectivity, select your connection type (Ethernet or Serial), the specify either the serial port or IP address.
    7) Under Defined Elk M1G Configuration, select the number of areas, keypads, users, zones, outputs, thermostats, custom values, counters, tasks, Lighting, then click Save.
    8) From Plug-Ins > Manage, click Enable (to disable it), then Enable again. If the connection options are set correctly, the plug-in will perform an initial full load and will build a connection device indicating if the panel connection was successful.
    9) At this point, you should be able to create any of the supported HomeSeer devices by clicking Plug-Ins > UltraM1G3 > UltraM1G3.

Please post any issues in this thread.

Regards,
    Ultrajones
    Last edited by Ultrajones; September 26, 2013, 03:16 PM.
    Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Screenshot of Devices

[Screenshot]

Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Wow, HomeSeer3 should tell me to open a window. It's hot in here and cool outside ...

Comment

Hooray!

Comment

Well, this does more for my odds of buying HS3 than anything produced to date. Thanks, Ultra! I'm still on the fence, but HST should say a big thank you to you.
          Madcodger

This would be a lot easier if I knew what I was doing...

Comment

I agree!

Comment

Question:
              I see that you have some lighting control as part of your plugin.
              How does thist work? Does it talk to a Z-Troller or do you have the Elk Z-Wave interface? If I am not mistaken we cannot use both at the same time as a controller.
              Plugin looks great.

Comment

The Leviton ZWave controller that attaches to the Elk is a secondary controller, so in fact, it can connect at the same time, with the Ztroller being primary. This is what I do. This is really nice, because some things I want to happen regardless of the running state of Homeseer. For those very low level things, I program those into the Elk. For higher level functions, those go into Homeseer.

In addition, with HS2, I suffer an occasional delay (1 or 2 seconds) to a device responding, whereas with my Elk interface, it is always instantaneous. This provides a great workaround for me on a few events that really need to happen instantly. Hopefully this workaround is not needed at all with HS3, but is good to know as it is always an option.

Comment

This seems like a great setup. I have purchased my Elk panel but haven't toyed with it yet as it is slotted for the new house that we are building next year.

So if I hear you correctly, if there are some lights that I really want to make sure comes on, especially while I am away on vacation, not only can i program them in HS, but I can program them in my panel, so this would act as a backup if my HS system goes down while away. Is that a correct statement?

Comment

Correct, but what you describe doesn't require Ultra's plugin. Trust me though, you want the plugin. With it all of your sensors can become devices for Homeseer, and you can do all manner of logic events in both directions.

Comment

Broken Link to User Manual

UltraJones

The link to the user manual in the HS3 Release Notes is Broken.

Gene

Comment

Originally posted by rhodesep View Post
                        UltraJones

The link to the user manual in the HS3 Release Notes is Broken.

Gene
                        Hello Gene. Thank you for letting me know. It doesn't exist yet :-)

Comment

Thanks Automated for all your replies.
                          I assumed as much that I didn't need the plugin for what I stated above, but I want the plugin for all sorts of other reasons as well. This is one that I will be getting as soon as HS3 is a little bit more stable

Comment

Ultra,

Thanks for a great start on the plugin. I am beta testing what I can and will be more than glad to help with the testing. How would you like me to report things to you? I started with a clean install of HS3 and your plug-in. I am currently running Windows 7 and have an ElkM1G with UPB, Relay BD, Two way wireless, XEP, and a few more options I am installing! (Fully Loaded you may say). This is a fresh setup and I have nothing but time. I will be depending on your plugin as my main source for inputs, lights, etc.

A couple of thing I noticed right off the bat.

1) I cannot log the devices to the HS log. It keeps checking "Do not log commands from this device: ". (tried restarting HS3)

2) The status for UPB lights show Off/On icons only. Any dims are blank.

Thanks

Regards,

Sean

Comment

Originally posted by Sean Willoughby View Post
                              This is a fresh setup and I have nothing but time.
                              I think we all dream of that day... Congrats!
                              Madcodger

This would be a lot easier if I knew what I was doing...

Comment

Working...
                              X