This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newb Issue

Long-time HS user, new to Elk M1G, new to this plugin. I'm jumping to HS3 for this new install, maybe because I'm a masochist, but hopefully because I will save time by not having to re-do my configuration in a matter of months.

The first time I started the plugin, I managed to get my devices created in HS - not sure how, but as instructed a few disable/enables and HS restarts seemed to do it. I have since added and modified my M1G zones/counters/tasks/lighting/etc. But I cannot get the plugin to recognize the new or modified counters, tasks, etc.

I've tried multiple disable/enables and restarts. I assumed that the information in the plugin management tabs would update on a Refresh or Reload. They don't. I get an error:
    The following errors have been reported: An initial connection to the Elk M1 has not been established. Verify the Elk M1G Connectivity options, then restart HomeSeer.

But the Status tab says I am connected (using serial) - and my already existing HS devices do update properly.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,
    Mark

Comment

As a work-around, close HomeSeer3 then edit HSPI_ULTRAM1G3.ini in the config directory and remove the Version= line, then restart HomeSeer3. This will force a full reload.

Regards,
      Ultrajones
      Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Thanks, Ultra - the ini work-around did the trick.

But I have another question. I'm trying to create an event in HS3 to set the value of an Elk counter, but Elk Counters don't appear under Then actions for devices. I'm not sure if this is a HS issue or a plugin issue, but it seems like a real basic and necessary function is missing.

Or maybe I'm missing something.

Thanks,
        Mark

Comment

I'm running the latest version of HS3 Pro (3.0.0.36) and I've downloaded the latest UltraM1G3 plug-in (3.0.5017.22000) and I'm having a problem getting a connection. I've tried enabling, disabling, enabling, uninstalling, reinstalling and everything else I can think of. The status shows "Connected" but I get no communications from the Elk, as shown below:
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by csmith View Post
            I'm running the latest version of HS3 Pro (3.0.0.36) and I've downloaded the latest UltraM1G3 plug-in (3.0.5017.22000) and I'm having a problem getting a connection. I've tried enabling, disabling, enabling, uninstalling, reinstalling and everything else I can think of. The status shows "Connected" but I get no communications from the Elk, as shown below:
            Hello. Can you confirm if you are able to connect to your Elk M1 using the Elk RP software from your HomeSeer PC? If yes, I'll have to rewire my system to the serial port and troubleshoot this issue.

Regards,
            Ultrajones
            Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Originally posted by Mark S. View Post
              Thanks, Ultra - the ini work-around did the trick.

But I have another question. I'm trying to create an event in HS3 to set the value of an Elk counter, but Elk Counters don't appear under Then actions for devices. I'm not sure if this is a HS issue or a plugin issue, but it seems like a real basic and necessary function is missing.

Or maybe I'm missing something.

Thanks,
              This plug-in is not 100% complete yet. I still have to add the triggers, conditions and actions.

Comment

Originally posted by csmith View Post
                OK - good news and bad news. I went back to HS2 and UltraM1G and determined that somehow the unsecured port in the Elk had become disabled. I enabled it and now the connection is fine.

However, I have zones that appear in HS2/UltraM1G that do not show up in HS3.UltraM1G3. Specifically I have hardwired zones 1,2,3,4,9 and 10, and wireless zones 33-46. The lower numbered zones show up in both HS2 and HS3, but the wireless zones (33 to 46) don't have the partition,name or definition properly retrieved. See the attached images: HS2 is the first image and HS3 is the second.
                Attached Files

Comment

Ultra,

Can I get a renewal trial period for your beta?

Comment

Bump. My trial ran out. I'm dead in the water. I would like to purchase or extend the trial. However I find no way of doing either. Please assist.

Comment

Please open a HomeSeer helpdesk ticket and ask them to extend your UltraM1G3 trial another 30 days. If the folks working the helpdesk cannot figure out how to do that, then please have them contact Rich for assistance.

Regards,
                      Ultrajones

Comment

I did! Their response was...

"If these are not in the store then we can not issue a trial extension. Ultra is the only one that can extend these licenses."

This is another reason why HST and plugin authors need to get their act together. This is SO frustrating!!! I should not have to chase down this stuff when I am a supporter and a customer. I pay good money on plugins (yours included) and on HST software. This finger pointing needs to STOP. I hope you understand.

Comment

What version are you on.

My trail's were running out (ultram1g3 and ultragcir3) . One of the latest versions reset them to 30 days. They are now at 23 days. I believe I loaded it 10/27. Maybe that will help.

Comment

Thanks for your reply. My version is 3.0.5017.22000. I am not aware of any other version. If there are any can you point me to them? Thanks.

Comment

Assume you are on HS3? What version is HS3?

Comment

I was on .38. I updated to .40. While I did not want to do this it did update my License to 30 days. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                                X