Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HS3, HS Touch and Currentcost charts

Hi,

Getting very frustrated with homeseer. I cannot get HS3/HStouch to display the currentcost charts (like hs 2 could).

The help file mentions that one uses the hs.plugin command but this gives an error.

Has anyone with HS3 managed to get a chart to display in hstouch and if so could you give me some guidance as to how you did it.

Much appreciated,

W.

Anyone?

Why are ALL chart related questions ignored by the homeseer team? I spent a considerable amount of money on Homeseer Pro, have managed to get most things working by myself using on-line resources saving homeseer considerable costs in support and yet they could not be bothered answering a simple question:

Does charting work in Home Seer 3/HS Touch for the current cost plugin?

If anyone has a clue please respond as I am sure I am not the only one who would like to know.

Thanks,

Comment

I'm sure I have seen it mentioned (never used the plugin myself) is that the plugin reports to the Energy API and that API is part of the HS core application. That will in the future have charts and a user interface, as such the charts do not feature as part of the plugin.

Comment

Originally posted by wmccann View Post
        Hi,

Getting very frustrated with homeseer. I cannot get HS3/HStouch to display the currentcost charts (like hs 2 could).

The help file mentions that one uses the hs.plugin command but this gives an error.

Has anyone with HS3 managed to get a chart to display in hstouch and if so could you give me some guidance as to how you did it.

Much appreciated,

W.
        So how do you do it in HS2? Are you referring to HST cc plugin?
        HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

Hi,

In HS2 I used the same plugin. it gave a page of charts and you could include them in HS touch using.

In the Blurb for the plugin it says "In addition to the devices, there are built-in graphs for electricity usage over the past hour, today versus yesterday etc"

To get the charts into HS Touch I would put in a picture box and set URS = script$plugin.... but this does not work in HS3.

Any help appreciated,

W.

Comment

Hi Walter,

My understanding is that all the HST Current Cost Plugin does is log data to the energy database. The functionality to provide the graphs is not yet released and I haven't seen a time table for it. Your options right now are to script something yourself using the other graphing tools available such as BDGraphs or to use the free 3rd party Current Cost plugin. Not sure if there's a way to interface its graphs with HS Touch though.

Cheers
            Al
            HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
            Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Originally posted by sparkman View Post
              Hi Walter,

My understanding is that all the HST Current Cost Plugin does is log data to the energy database. The functionality to provide the graphs is not yet released and I haven't seen a time table for it. Your options right now are to script something yourself using the other graphing tools available such as BDGraphs or to use the free 3rd party Current Cost plugin. Not sure if there's a way to interface its graphs with HS Touch though.

Cheers
              Al
              Not with the plugin I wrote, unfortunately Google image charts (which I used in the HS2 plugin) which display a static graphic are not long for this world (only about 9 months left before they stop working) which is why I did not put them in the HS3 plugin. The charts I used in the HS3 plugin use javascript and I put in a feature request for java things to be embedded into HSTouch however I doubt this is a high priority request if it can even be done at all.

Comment

Working...
              X