HS3 Beta Plug-In Available for Testing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FYI,
    I just uploaded a new build (b1064) that adds support for detecting IR sequences received as a trigger.

For those of you who have downloaded an earlier beta, be advised that this new build will force you to re-create any IRTrans triggers or actions you already had defined.

I *think* this will be the last time existing triggers/actions will be invalidated by a new build...

Comment

Thanks Brian. I updated the last plugin, so far no issues that I have found.

Aldo

Comment

Great to see Brian,
        Thanks allot for doing this trouble.
        Will install it hopefully tomorrow after i am done with work and give the results here.

Must come back on this, been some hectic days and got a new job so probably in the evening hours i got time to install all and test it.
        Last edited by Vincenttor; January 4, 2015, 03:21 PM.

Comment

Hello Brian,
          Thanks for the plugin. I can't explain enough how useful is it for me. Many thanks again.
          I was playing with in the past 2 weeks and I have only 2 problems:

1. I am not able to select any emitter in the emitters field - except for Internal, External or All. I own a Irtrans Lan I/O with 4 external ports and I am using all of them (I control 4 samsung tv's and 4 Daiking Aircos, each of them had to be installed on a different external IR led (or different IR external emitter as you call it).

2. I also need the syntax to be able to send ir codes from HStouch. In HS2 I used to use " Run a script with values from elements" and there I type a script line. This syntax should also include the IR led I am going to use (or emitter as you called it).

I also like that now I can choose a specific remote command and send it to any Ir led I want. In the past I had to learn the same command with different IR led output. This means that I had to learn 4 complete samsung remote controls (because I have 4 tv's) and 4 daikins. Now is much easy.

Regards,

Comment

OK, let's see what we can figure out...

Originally posted by musca View Post
            1. I am not able to select any emitter in the emitters field - except for Internal, External or All. I own a Irtrans Lan I/O with 4 external ports and I am using all of them (I control 4 samsung tv's and 4 Daiking Aircos, each of them had to be installed on a different external IR led (or different IR external emitter as you call it).
            So, you have an event defined where you've selected to send IR to one of the external emitters, and the event fires, but it doesn't work?

Can you turn on debug logging (in the hspi_irtrans.ini file), restart HS3, get the event to fire, and then attach the log? That may shed some light on what's happening.

2. I also need the syntax to be able to send ir codes from HStouch. In HS2 I used to use " Run a script with values from elements" and there I type a script line. This syntax should also include the IR led I am going to use (or emitter as you called it).
            Thanks for this info. I'll be sure this is part of the next release.

Btw, I've already added a feature in the next release for HStouch that allows you to repeat IR codes while holding a button down, for example, volume up or volume down.

Comment

So, you have an event defined where you've selected to send IR to one of the external emitters, and the event fires, but it doesn't work?

Can you turn on debug logging (in the hspi_irtrans.ini file), restart HS3, get the event to fire, and then attach the log? That may shed some light on what's happening.
              Well, during creation of an event, when I try to click on the Select Emitter: (use Default), if I click on anything else than Use Default, All internal, All external, All emitters, it will automatically select Use Default. So actually, I can not create an event with any other emitters than the above mentioned. To be more precise, I can not select any of Lan Controller Emitter 1 to 16.
              Btw, in your previous version they where called zones I think and they where numbered 1 to 199. For emitter 1 I used to select 121, for emitter 2 133 and so on. I can't remember exactly. Now I presume I have to select instead of zones, the Lan Controller Emitter. For my first output I should try Emitter 1, for the second output emitter 2 and so on, right?

Thanks for this info. I'll be sure this is part of the next release.
              Should I understand that now is not possible to send ir codes by a script command in the Immediate Script Command box? If this is possible it will sure work in HSTouch to. This is the syntax I was referring to.

Comment

I just posted a new build (1117) that fixes the LED selection issue musca reported... turned out some re-factoring broke that .

I also added some support for scripting as follows:

You can send a single IR code via the SendIR method which looks like:

Code:
                hs.PluginFunction("IRTrans","","SendIR",{"remote-name","remote-command", "bus", "device", "led-select"})
                You can leave off parameters at the end if you want to just use the defaults.

For example:

Code:
                hs.PluginFunction("IRTrans","","SendIR",{"sony-tv","vol+"})
                would send to all buses, all devices, default emitters.

The LED selection parameter is a little tricky in that it does not directly represent the emitter to be used. Instead it uses the following map:

0 = Default
                1 = All Internal
                2 = All External
                3 - All Emitters
                4 = LAN Controller Emitter 1
                5 = LAN Controller Emitter 2
                and so on.

There is also a "SendIRR" method that will repeat whatever code you send until you tell it to stop. It takes the same parameters as "SendIR". To stop sending, just call it again with "nothing" such as:

Code:
                hs.PluginFunction("IRTrans","","SendIRR", nothing)
                This feature was requested by a user that uses HSTouch and wanted to be able to hold a button down on the screen to repeat a command like you would with a regular remote. To use this feature, you can define an event in HS that repeats the key, and another that stops it. In HSTouch, you would call the repeat event when the button is pushed, and call the other event when the button is released.

You can also use the scripting interface and the "SendIRR" command to acomplish the same thing without defining events.

Some additional notes about using single-line scripting or the "execute immediate script command"...
                You'll have to prefix the hs.PluginFunction call with &n. In other words an example command will look like this:

Code:
                &nhs.PluginFunction("IRTrans","","SendIR",{"Sony-tv","vol+",3})
                Otherwise, you may get an error complaining about an invalid character when the script goes to execute. I believe the "n" is telling HS to execute the script in the context of vb.net, rather than vbscript, which apparently is required to call the hs.PluginFunction method.

Comment

YoYo
                  You are the best, thank you for all you effort, this is great, I will make sure to test it tomorrow.

Aldo

Comment

Thank you Brian. You made my day )

1. The LED are working fine now. I have tested 1 to 4 and all of them are OK.
                    2. The code is also working now inside a script. IRR works fine. Didn't had the chance to test it with HSTouch yet (Action when pressed and Action when released) because:
                    3. Immediate Script Command and therefore HSTouch is NOT working. I have tried both "&" and "&n" (in Immediate Script Command and as an action in HStouch) and I got the same result in log file:

Running script(1) &nhs.PluginFunction("IRTrans","","SendIR",{"daikin","off","0 ","0","6"}), init error: Invalid character

or

Running script(2) &hs.PluginFunction("IRTrans","","SendIR",{"daikin","off", "0", "0", "5"}), init error: Invalid character

Comment

Thank you Brian. You made my day )

1. The LED are working fine now. I have tested 1 to 4 and all of them are OK.
                      2. The code is also working now inside a script. IRR works fine. Didn't had the chance to test it with HSTouch yet (Action when pressed and Action when released) because:
                      3. Immediate Script Command and therefore HSTouch is NOT working. I have tried both "&" and "&n" (in Immediate Script Command and as an action in HStouch) and I got the same result in log file:

Running script(1) &nhs.PluginFunction("IRTrans","","SendIR",{"daikin","off","0 ","0","6"}), init error: Invalid character

or

Running script(2) &hs.PluginFunction("IRTrans","","SendIR",{"daikin","off", "0", "0", "5"}), init error: Invalid character
                      I think you may have to update your copy of HSTouch as I think the "n" prefix thing was recently added. I tested it on build 3.0.8 and it seems to work on that.

Comment

Well, as I mentioned, I have also tried it in HS3 in the Tools\Control Panel in the Immediate Script Command field. And it didn't work. HS3Pro version 3.0.0.97

Comment

It was not because of HStouch. Hs3 was to blame. Updated it to 3.0.0.157 and now is working with the &n prefix.
                          From my point of view the plugin is working perfectly and I have no more suggestions to make. Thank you very much for all your time and kindness,
                          Regards,

Comment

I have kind of a weird issue with your beta version. According to my HS, I have a 30 day trial license. This license expires in a few days.

I've seen others post screenshots that says the license is included.

Any ideas what might cause this?

Comment

Originally posted by Tozz View Post
                              I have kind of a weird issue with your beta version. According to my HS, I have a 30 day trial license. This license expires in a few days.

I've seen others post screenshots that says the license is included.

Any ideas what might cause this?
                              Hi Tozz,
                              Actually, this is a paid plug-in. The early betas had the licensing turned off for testing.

I have a new version ready for the HomeSeer Updater and am now working on the documentation; I hope to submit it in the next few days. I'll post a new beta and extend the time if necessary...

Comment

Hi Yoyo,
                                My trial expired and I would be happy to purchase it so I can continue to use it, please advise.

Comment

Working...
                                X