Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Testing/usage Modbus 3.7.x

Hi Beerygaz,

I'm happy that this version is very stable with 4 gateways and multiple devices. I think the stability issues in the earlier versions were caused by the fact that not all timers were there and the fact that one device only support one read/write retry.

Major bugs:

- None

Minor bug(s):

- None

Feature request(s):

- Close COM port after disabling gateway, see http://forums.homeseer.com/showpost....2&postcount=17 added 04March2016

Limitation(s)
    Use of CAPI handler required to use events (not an issue for me)

---
    John
    Attached Files
    Last edited by John245; March 4, 2016, 01:29 PM.

John what data type are you selecting for the 24-bit devices? Are you selecting Int32? If that still does not work have you tried selecting 'big endian' values in the gateway config?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Author of Highpeak Plugins | SMS-Gateway Plugin | Blue Iris Plugin | Paradox (Beta) Plugin | Modbus Plugin | Yamaha Plugin

Comment

Originally posted by beerygaz View Post
      John what data type are you selecting for the 24-bit devices? Are you selecting Int32? If that still does not work have you tried selecting 'big endian' values in the gateway config?

Hi Beerygaz,

I selected 16-bit as described in the manual. I also tried Int32 and 'big endian'. Both options will not work.

The 24bit devices use 2 registers. For e.g. for the energy counter 40008 (Low) and 40009.

I will get the correct result when I do the following:
      1. poll both addresses separately
      2. covert both results to Hex.
      3. place the result of the Low (40008) before the result of 40009
      4. Convert the result of step 3 to (Decimal)

I know that there are also other devices on the market that use two registers to store the values. I was also thinking to create a virtual device and write a script that will perform the actions above. However, the disadvantage will be that the values are not read simultaneously.

---
      John

Comment

Comment

The only thing that changed was the ability to use the 'write multiple registers' function vs 'write single register'. Have a look at the modbus tab of the gateway device and see the last option under 'advanced settings' Try switching between them to see if the functionality returns.

Author of Highpeak Plugins | SMS-Gateway Plugin | Blue Iris Plugin | Paradox (Beta) Plugin | Modbus Plugin | Yamaha Plugin

Comment

The only thing that changed was the ability to use the 'write multiple registers' function vs 'write single register'. Have a look at the modbus tab of the gateway device and see the last option under 'advanced settings' Try switching between them to see if the functionality returns.

I can confirm that writing a single register using the "write multiple register' function works OK in 3.7.x

---
            John

Comment

Comment

There is also an option for zero-based addressing in 3.7

Comment

Originally posted by John245 View Post
                  Hi Beerygaz,

I selected 16-bit as described in the manual. I also tried Int32 and 'big endian'. Both options will not work.

The 24bit devices use 2 registers. For e.g. for the energy counter 40008 (Low) and 40009.

I will get the correct result when I do the following:
                  1. poll both addresses separately
                  2. covert both results to Hex.
                  3. place the result of the Low (40008) before the result of 40009
                  4. Convert the result of step 3 to (Decimal)

I know that there are also other devices on the market that use two registers to store the values. I was also thinking to create a virtual device and write a script that will perform the actions above. However, the disadvantage will be that the values are not read simultaneously.

---
                  John

John can you send me the value you read as two Int16 devices and then create a single Int32 device and send me that value please?

The Int32 device should do all the steps for you (read consecutive registers, combine the values using high and low bytes and then write them to a single device).

Comment

Comment

John can you send me the value you read as two Int16 devices and then create a single Int32 device and send me that value please?

The Int32 device should do all the steps for you (read consecutive registers, combine the values using high and low bytes and then write them to a single device).

Beerygaz,

The Int32 did the trick, I think in the first try a setting was not correct.

I love the PI more and more.

---
                      John

Comment

Events triggers twice

Hello Byreegaz,

I'm having some issues with the device values in the device history PI. See http://forums.homeseer.com/showpost....00&postcount=1

Looking to the log it seems that events are triggered twice when I apply the condition 'has a value that just changed" (see below for an example).

I don't know if these items relates to each other and I also don't believe that this will solve the issue as the value for the string is in all cases correct. However I assume that it is not your intention to trigger an event twice when a value changed.

---
                        John

Mar-04 3:53:13 PM Z-Wave Device: Node 11 Z-Wave Z-Wave.Me Switch Binary Node 11 Set to ON
                        Mar-04 3:53:13 PM Z-Wave Device: Lighting Kitchen Lamp Set to 255
                        Mar-04 3:53:13 PM Device Control Device: Lighting Kitchen Lamp to On (255)
                        Mar-04 3:53:13 PM Event Event Trigger "Virtual devices test Modbus"
                        Mar-04 3:53:13 PM Device Control Device: Lighting Kitchen Lamp to On (255)
                        Mar-04 3:53:13 PM Event Event Trigger "Virtual devices test Modbus"
                        Attached Files

Comment

John, try the latest version in the updater and let me know if that solves your issue, I think you spotted a small bug which has been squashed.

Comment

John, try the latest version in the updater and let me know if that solves your issue, I think you spotted a small bug which has been squashed.
                            Hi Beerygaz,

Thanx, that was a very quick fix.

I need some sun to see if my issue was related to this bug (it seems that my issue is solved). But it is almost sunset so I have to be patience.

---
                            John

Comment

In pretty sure when a value changed I was updating the device twice which was causing your event to fire twice. I hope that was it.

Comment

Working...
                              X