Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to do the best complete optimization?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to do the best complete optimization?

In HS2 the "rule" was (as explained by someone from HS) that you should run a normal optimize 4 times, and then a Full Optimization.

I still do that. Is this still valid, or has the optimize function changed between HS2 and HS3?
    HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.
    Running on Windows 10 (64) virtualized
    on ESXi (Fujitsu Primergy TX150 S8).
    WinSeer (for Win10) - TextSeer - FitbitSeer - HSPI_MoskusSample

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

For future references, HST tells me that HS3 does it differently:
    One "Optimize" and one "Full Optimize" should do the trick.
    HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

Originally posted by Moskus View Post
      For future references, HST tells me that HS3 does it differently:
      One "Optimize" and one "Full Optimize" should do the trick.
      Good to know, thanks for pointing this out. I've always just ran the full optimize.

Comment

Originally posted by simonmason
        Following on to this message. HS2 had an option to run a full optimize every night. Does this option exist or do I need to create an event to support it?
        It's called z-health in hs3 and can be turned on under Controller Management in tbe zwave plugin.

Cheers
        Al
        HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
        Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Originally posted by sparkman View Post
          It's called z-health in hs3 and can be turned on under Controller Management in tbe zwave plugin.
          You can turn it on. But does it work?

I've tried turning it on, but it does not run, at least not the last time I tried it (4 months ago?). Has anything changed since then?

If it works for you US-guys, then perhaps it's YET ANOTHER ANNOYING DATE-TIME FORMAT THING!

Comment

Moskus,

It is not a date issue- keep smiling . I have had it running three weeks ago, because my zwave started to do unexpected things. I have let it run for a few hours and then I disabled it. Since then Zwave is behaving, except e few device from a greenwave powerplug. Think that one is going down as it might be of bad quality.

Wim
            -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

I just tried it, and oh joy! It IS working!

You can't blame me for doubting it. It hasn't worked for years.

Comment

Then I was just lucky!
                Never tried to use it before, going the optimize/full optimize way only when a new device was included or it changed to new locations. Other then that I never bothered... Until this three weeks ago - ran it for the first time since using zwave ( about 4 years or so?).

Have to say it helped for the issue, but do not want to use it structurally yet here.

Wim
                -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

You can turn it on. But does it work?

I've tried turning it on, but it does not run, at least not the last time I tried it (4 months ago?). Has anything changed since then?

If it works for you US-guys, then perhaps it's YET ANOTHER ANNOYING DATE-TIME FORMAT THING!
                  I've never actually used it and was responding to the question that was asked (which seems to have been deleted after I responded). And yes, things have changed since then

Cheers
                  Al

PS last time I checked, Canada was still independent, so not sure who you are referring to...

Comment

Sorry - I deleted the message immediately after posting it because I figured it out. I did not equate ZHealth with running optimization every night. However, since turning this on I am seeing nothing in the log to show that any optimization is taking place? I am in the US! Should I be seeing log entries?

Comment

What version of HS3 are you running?

Cheers
                      Al

Comment

PS last time I checked, Canada was still independent, so not sure who you are referring to...
                        Maybe you'll have to check in a couple of months...

Comment

Maybe you'll have to check in a couple of months...
                          We may have our own wall by then

Comment

My HS Version HS3 Standard Edition 3.0.0.297, which I believe is the latest version.

Comment

We may have our own wall by then
                              That's smart! You'll avoid all the immigrants trying to cross the border before it's to late.

... and you'll make them pay for it!

Comment

Working...
                              X