New HS-WS100+ switches came with 5.15 firmware

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New HS-WS100+ switches came with 5.15 firmware

I have two new devices that are showing firmware version 5.15 but 5.14 seems to be the latest release. Anybody have any info on this?

Originally posted by slog View Post
    I have two new devices that are showing firmware version 5.15 but 5.14 seems to be the latest release. Anybody have any info on this?
    I wonder if they've added any new features. If you click on the root of the device, then click on the Z-Wave tab, and then expand Settings, what options do you see? Would you mind posting a screenshot of that screen?

Comment

My new ones are all 5.15. There are no new features. I suspect it is just a maintenance release.
      HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

I think you mean the dimmer, not the switch, correct? (HS-WD100+)

Originally posted by slog View Post
        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

I just installed 2 new dimmers and a switch. The dimmers have v5.16 firmware and the switch has v5.15. The dimmers are actually acting funny. When I use remote control (Alexa) to turn the load on/off the switch LEDs turn on/off but the load does not switch. This occurs intermittently. The load switching works consistently when controlled locally. I am going to be searching for a solution to this one. I'll start a new thread for my issue.

Comment

If you control it from the Device Management page does it switch ok from there? If not, sounds like a bad switch and I would open an RMA so we can replace it. Don't wait too long though, I know we are almost out of those.

Originally posted by wsume99 View Post
            I just installed 2 new dimmers and a switch. The dimmers have v5.16 firmware and the switch has v5.15. The dimmers are actually acting funny. When I use remote control (Alexa) to turn the load on/off the switch LEDs turn on/off but the load does not switch. This occurs intermittently. The load switching works consistently when controlled locally. I am going to be searching for a solution to this one. I'll start a new thread for my issue.

Comment

Originally posted by rjh View Post
              If you control it from the Device Management page does it switch ok from there? If not, sounds like a bad switch and I would open an RMA so we can replace it. Don't wait too long though, I know we are almost out of those.
              I tried both new dimmers directly from device management and I get the same result. I can submit an RMA but I am kind of skeptical. I just bought 31 dimmers and grabbed 2 from the box randomly and installed them today. What are the odds that the first 2 dimmers I grabbed both have the exact same issue? If those 2 dimmers truly are defective then what does that say about the other 29 I have in my order? Should I try rolling back to v5.14 just to see what happens?

Comment

I thought I had something to offer, but the two I received 10 days ago are both 5.14 and seem to work well, except one quit reporting status today and had to be power cycled to work again.

Yours must be from a newer batch.
                HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

I did change the local and remote ramp rate settings on the dimmers to make them basically instant on/off. I am going to change that back to the default settings and see if that makes any difference. I would add that the ramp rate settings I used work perfectly well on my older dimmers.

Comment

So when you set them to On/Off, did HS control them ok? What kind of load are you controlling?

I did change the local and remote ramp rate settings on the dimmers to make them basically instant on/off. I am going to change that back to the default settings and see if that makes any difference. I would add that the ramp rate settings I used work perfectly well on my older dimmers.

Comment

So when you set them to On/Off, did HS control them ok? What kind of load are you controlling?
                      No, I posted last night that when controlling from device management I had the same problem as I experienced when using Alexa. Here is that post:

I tried both new dimmers directly from device management and I get the same result. I can submit an RMA but I am kind of skeptical. I just bought 31 dimmers and grabbed 2 from the box randomly and installed them today. What are the odds that the first 2 dimmers I grabbed both have the exact same issue? If those 2 dimmers truly are defective then what does that say about the other 29 I have in my order? Should I try rolling back to v5.14 just to see what happens?
                      These dimmers are in two different single switch circuits in my kitchen. One is controlling 2 pendant fixtures (single A19 LED bulb in each) and the other is controlling 4 recessed LED lights.

I want to make sure that the switch is truly defective and that I have not done something to make it operate unusually. I don't think I have because I am using them in the exact same manner as my other 2 dimmers that are running v5.14 and have been operating with no issue since I installed them at the end of October.

Comment

Is it possible that HS cannot reach the switch? Are there any errors in the log when you try to control the switch?

It does seem odd that the first 2 you try do not work. I do have one on my desk from the latest batch, with the same firmware, and it is controllable ok, so the firmware should work.

No, I posted last night that when controlling from device management I had the same problem as I experienced when using Alexa. Here is that post:

These dimmers are in two different single switch circuits in my kitchen. One is controlling 2 pendant fixtures (single A19 LED bulb in each) and the other is controlling 4 recessed LED lights.

I want to make sure that the switch is truly defective and that I have not done something to make it operate unusually. I don't think I have because I am using them in the exact same manner as my other 2 dimmers that are running v5.14 and have been operating with no issue since I installed them at the end of October.

Comment

Is it possible that HS cannot reach the switch? Are there any errors in the log when you try to control the switch?

It does seem odd that the first 2 you try do not work. I do have one on my desk from the latest batch, with the same firmware, and it is controllable ok, so the firmware should work.
                          I assumed the fact that the switch LEDs are responding to HS commands was evidence that communication was successful. To be clear, the switch LEDs are consistently responding to appropriate HS commands but the state of the connected load (lighting) does not always change correspondingly.

For example, I came home from work and the recessed lights in my kitchen are on and all 7 LEDs are illuminated on the switch. This device is called "Kitchen Lights". I opened the HS web interface and turned the Kitchen Lights off. The lights turned off and the switch LEDs went off as well. I waited about 10 seconds and turned the Kitchen Lights on via the HS web interface and all 7 of the switch LEDs turned on but the load did not turn on.

Here is the activity in my log from this event:
                          Dec-12 7:25:23 PM Z-Wave Device: Kitchen Lights Set to 99
                          Dec-12 7:25:23 PM Device Control Device: Kitchen Lights to On (99) by/from: CAPI Control Handler
                          Dec-12 7:25:11 PM Z-Wave Device: Kitchen Lights Set to 0
                          Dec-12 7:25:11 PM Device Control Device: Kitchen Lights to Off (0) by/from: CAPI Control Handler
                          There are no errors present in my log at all.

Comment

Really odd, since you have more switches can you try another and see if it does the same thing. It really has to be a bad switch if the LEDs are changing since that means the switch received the command.

I assumed the fact that the switch LEDs are responding to HS commands was evidence that communication was successful. To be clear, the switch LEDs are consistently responding to appropriate HS commands but the state of the connected load (lighting) does not always change correspondingly.

For example, I came home from work and the recessed lights in my kitchen are on and all 7 LEDs are illuminated on the switch. This device is called "Kitchen Lights". I opened the HS web interface and turned the Kitchen Lights off. The lights turned off and the switch LEDs went off as well. I waited about 10 seconds and turned the Kitchen Lights on via the HS web interface and all 7 of the switch LEDs turned on but the load did not turn on.

Here is the activity in my log from this event:

There are no errors present in my log at all.

Comment

Ok, so I definitely found some interesting behavior with ramp rate settings. I changed the remote step and timer values back to 3 and 10 - I think those are the default values but I am not certain. With those values the switch functions normally. I did maybe 20 on/off commands via the HS interface and it didn't miss a beat. I changed the remote ramp settings to 30 and 10 and it still functioned normally but obviously ramps much faster. I then returned the remote ramp settings to 99 and 1, which is what I have on my older dimmers that function properly, and the problem returns. Out of 10 on/off commands I would say it misses the load switching more than half the time. There definitely seems to be some connection to the ultra fast ramp rate that I was using and the problem with load switching I am having. Almost like there is a timing issue inside the switch. I don't know if there is anything else you need from me but if you do just let me know.

Comment

Working...
                              X