TTS routing problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TTS routing problem

I have created an event as per help file to send a TTS message to my Sonos. Thats working fine, the only thing its coming out of my Android tablets too which I dont really understand why. So somehow I might have to disable them before sending the TTS ?
    Attached Files

Originally posted by mikee123 View Post
    I have created an event as per help file to send a TTS message to my Sonos. Thats working fine, the only thing its coming out of my Android tablets too which I dont really understand why. So somehow I might have to disable them before sending the TTS ?
    Check the settings on th PI confit page. What is the post announcement setting?
    Dirk

Comment

It was on forward when no match. I just tried always forward and never forward too. No change. Its still sending it to my sonos as well as my tablets.
      Last edited by mikee123; December 22, 2016, 06:03 PM.

Comment

it was on forward when no match. i justb tried always forward and never forward too. No change. Its still sending it to my sonos as well as my tablets.
        Strange.
        Can you post a screenshot of your link table and can you confirm the event you us to test is the one you posted above.
        In parallel a trace with debug flag on might be required. Is this a Windows platform or Linux?
        Dirk

Comment

I am on Windows. The event posted is what I am using to test. Here is a screenshot of the link table. More than happy to post a debug, do I get that from where the normal log is (after enabling debug) ?
          Attached Files

Comment

I am on Windows. The event posted is what I am using to test. Here is a screenshot of the link table. More than happy to post a debug, do I get that from where the normal log is (after enabling debug) ?
            It all looks good, is there perhaps another proxy (PI) that might be picking up the TTS.

Yes put PI debug flag on and it will be in regular log

Thanks

Dirk

Comment

Ok here is the log
              Attached Files

Comment

Ok here is the log
                I see some log entries from the Tasker PI. I believe the Tasker PI has a speaker client ( see http://board.homeseer.com/showthread...56#post1261656) and suspect it is actually the Tasker PI which is sending your speech to your android devices and not this PI.

Dirk

Comment

It must have been the tasker plugin. If I disable my Android tablet there as a speaker client it does only route it to Sonos. I am still not sure why this is going to anything other than Sonos as I specified the Sonos group in the event. Disabling the speaker client in the tasker plugin causes other issues for me as I still want to route some things through my Android tablet.
                  One solution might be to script my TTS messages, maybe thats a way to keep the Android as a speaker client but route the TTS through Sonos ?
                  I did look at the help file but dont really understand. Is there a sample script to send a tts message to a linkgroup ?

This is where I struggle.

This example assumes the HS device code for the UPNP Master is ]1, so substitute with your device code
                  Where do I find the device code ?

You need to come up with a HS-button-number for the buttons you want to activate. The FIRST Link button has value 6 (six), the FIRST unlink button has value 7 (Seven). Example: if you created two link groups, first called TTS and second called PARTY, then you'll see a total of 4 new buttons under the UPNP Master device called
                  I have 2 link buttons, but no unlink buttons. Nor can I see the UPNP master device on the config page

Once I have solved these issues, I can then link my group with &hs.ExecX10 "]1" , "Value set" , 6 , 0
                  the send a hs.speakex command
                  and then unlink &hs.ExecX10 "]1" , "Value set" , 7 , 0 ?
                  Last edited by mikee123; December 23, 2016, 09:15 AM.

Comment

It must have been the tasker plugin. If I disable my Android tablet there as a speaker client it does only route it to Sonos. I am still not sure why this is going to anything other than Sonos as I specified the Sonos group in the event. Disabling the speaker client in the tasker plugin causes other issues for me as I still want to route some things through my Android tablet.
                    One solution might be to script my TTS messages, maybe thats a way to keep the Android as a speaker client but route the TTS through Sonos ?
                    I did look at the help file but dont really understand. Is there a sample script to send a tts message to a linkgroup ?

This is where I struggle.

Where do I find the device code ?

I have 2 link buttons, but no unlink buttons. Nor can I see the UPNP master device on the config page

Once I have solved these issues, I can then link my group with &hs.ExecX10 "]1" , "Value set" , 6 , 0
                    the send a hs.speakex command
                    and then unlink &hs.ExecX10 "]1" , "Value set" , 7 , 0 ?
                    The problem has nothing to do with the Sonos PI, this is how HS works. ANY plug-in that registers itself as a speaker proxy will be called by HS when an announcement is made. ANY speaker proxy should ONLY react to the proper host speaker device and ignore others.
                    The reference from the help file you are making puzzles me but it has been a while. Which help file is this? This reads like excerpts from the HS2 help file. You can find the help file by clicking on tools->help->sonos.

What speaker clients do you have? If the tasker PI works as it should, it should ignore actions for speaker clients that "doesn't belong to it", that's the purpose of having speaker host names. So maybe do some posting with the tasker PI forum, because if you cannot prevent the speaker client from picking up any and all announcements, I don't think you are going to script your way out of this.

Dirk

Comment

Yes I thought it might be the tasker PI. I will post something in that forum. The bits I posted were from the first post in the forum (general), its probably an old help file. But I couldnt find anything about scripting in the new one. Or is there anything I didnt see ?

Comment

Yes I thought it might be the tasker PI. I will post something in that forum. The bits I posted were from the first post in the forum (general), its probably an old help file. But I couldnt find anything about scripting in the new one. Or is there anything I didnt see ?

There is nothing about scripting in the help file. I don't believe you can script your way out of this, mainly because the PI has a lot of little timers and actions to always store state properly, do announcement as quick and reliably as possible then restore all.
                        The help file should point out that in case of multiple active speaker proxies, the post announcement treatment should be set to "never forward" else you still may get dual announcements for this that are NOT Sonos related.

Dirk

Comment

Ok so then it doesn't really make sense to script. I have posted the problem in the tasker section, maybe that can be fixed.
                          Another question. I do not particularly like the voice, is it possible to change that ? I did see something in the help file (could have been the old one) with voice Microsoft etc... I did try that in my speak action but got no sound output at all. Even when I deleted it the next announcements did not have any sound until I changed volume settings...

Comment

Ok so then it doesn't really make sense to script. I have posted the problem in the tasker section, maybe that can be fixed.
                            Another question. I do not particularly like the voice, is it possible to change that ? I did see something in the help file (could have been the old one) with voice Microsoft etc... I did try that in my speak action but got no sound output at all. Even when I deleted it the next announcements did not have any sound until I changed volume settings...
                            Suggest you search the forum on how people set other voices.
                            Dirk

Comment

cannot send TTS to 2 speakers at once

I have the below event, and when I send the TTS to $SONOS$KitchenTTS$ its working fine. I now added a new speaker (added it in the Sonos PI config page), so I edited speaker clients (in the event) and added $SONOS$GymTTS$. In the action it showed both speaker clients. But it is only coming out of one. If I add a seperate action for the $SONOS$GymTTS$ it works, but it plays first on the Kitchen and then on the Gym one. So the speaker is working, so I guess I have to do that differently ?
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X