Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

High CPU usage with plugin

Good day!

Maybe I missed something or this has been reported elsewhere and I'm sorry if it has.

I'm running version 3.1.0.18 and have 10 players connected with the boost. I primarily use the plugin to announce that one of my family members has returned home through tts, welcome them home when they walk in the door through TTS and then start playing a sonos favorite depending on who comes home. I've built some wait statements into my events since I've noticed that if fire to much at the players to fast they get all confused about what to do. The issue I seem to be having is that following a reboot of the computer or after I disable and re-enable the plugin the first action that the plugin takes causes my CPU to spike to 100% and sit there with about 90% going to the PI and never come down until I disable the plugin or reboot. I've attached some before and after screenshots showing the CPU at 99% and then at 4% after I disabled the plugin. For reference I'm running HS3 version 3.0.0.307 on Windows Server 2016 on an ESXi 6.5 server. The VM has 2 CPU and 4GB of RAM. The host server itself is AMD FX-8350 based with 16GB RAM and NVME PCIe based flash storage. Everything else seems to be running fine and have had no other issues / errors since I migrated to the current setup from an Intel i3 NUC that was seemingly under powered for everything I was asking it to do. I did have the same issue there with the plugin (100% CPU usage).

Again, I'm sorry if this has been posted somewhere else and I missed it.

Thanks!!

Here are my support details:

Current Date/Time: 1/31/2017 4:08:24 PM
    HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.307
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows Server 2016 Datacenter - Server
    System Uptime: 0 Days 8 Hours 35 Minutes 2 Seconds
    IP Address: 10.61.10.55
    Number of Devices: 436
    Number of Events: 72
    Available Threads: 200

Enabled Plug-Ins
    3.6.5.0: Harmony Hub
    3.0.0.104: HSTouch Server
    3.0.6.6: Insteon
    1.4.0.0: MQTT
    3.0.1.77: PHLocation
    0.0.0.28: Pushover 3P
    3.1.0.18: Sonos
    3.0.0.27: Vista Alarm
    3.0.0.62: weatherXML
    3.0.1.102: Z-Wave
    Attached Files
    Last edited by nbakker; January 31, 2017, 05:09 PM. Reason: added support details

Originally posted by nbakker View Post
    Good day!

Maybe I missed something or this has been reported elsewhere and I'm sorry if it has.

I'm running version 3.1.0.18 and have 10 players connected with the boost. I primarily use the plugin to announce that one of my family members has returned home through tts, welcome them home when they walk in the door through TTS and then start playing a sonos favorite depending on who comes home. I've built some wait statements into my events since I've noticed that if fire to much at the players to fast they get all confused about what to do. The issue I seem to be having is that following a reboot of the computer or after I disable and re-enable the plugin the first action that the plugin takes causes my CPU to spike to 100% and sit there with about 90% going to the PI and never come down until I disable the plugin or reboot. I've attached some before and after screenshots showing the CPU at 99% and then at 4% after I disabled the plugin. For reference I'm running HS3 version 3.0.0.307 on Windows Server 2016 on an ESXi 6.5 server. The VM has 2 CPU and 4GB of RAM. The host server itself is AMD FX-8350 based with 16GB RAM and NVME PCIe based flash storage. Everything else seems to be running fine and have had no other issues / errors since I migrated to the current setup from an Intel i3 NUC that was seemingly under powered for everything I was asking it to do. I did have the same issue there with the plugin (100% CPU usage).

Again, I'm sorry if this has been posted somewhere else and I missed it.

Thanks!!

Here are my support details:

Current Date/Time: 1/31/2017 4:08:24 PM
    HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.307
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows Server 2016 Datacenter - Server
    System Uptime: 0 Days 8 Hours 35 Minutes 2 Seconds
    IP Address: 10.61.10.55
    Number of Devices: 436
    Number of Events: 72
    Available Threads: 200

Enabled Plug-Ins
    3.6.5.0: Harmony Hub
    3.0.0.104: HSTouch Server
    3.0.6.6: Insteon
    1.4.0.0: MQTT
    3.0.1.77: PHLocation
    0.0.0.28: Pushover 3P
    3.1.0.18: Sonos
    3.0.0.27: Vista Alarm
    3.0.0.62: weatherXML
    3.0.1.102: Z-Wave
    Could you post screenshots of your complete config page

Comment

Originally posted by dcorsus View Post
      Could you post screenshots of your complete config page
      Here ya go:
      Attached Files

Comment

Here ya go:
        What I thought, turn off the immediate update flag. Read help file; I'm on my cell here

Comment

Here ya go:
          I would also turn off the media API flag

Comment

Originally posted by dcorsus View Post
            I would also turn off the media API flag
            Thank you. I've turned off both of those settings and will check it out.

Thank you again.

Comment

Thank you. I've turned off both of those settings and will check it out.

Thank you again.
              on computer now ......

The issue with the immediate setting, is that any minute change on your Sonos system will trigger a FULL update of the musicDB. Many moons ago when I coded this option, Sonos pretty much only played content from a NAS and changes were few. Now you can select so many sources, thumbs up/down down etc and the Sonos DB is more likely to change all the time, so this option, I began advising people to not use anymore. There is a good chance that when the PI starts that it immediately triggers a MusicDB built, which depending on the size of your stored content, could last many minutes. If the Sonos player now on top of that is making periodic changes, it will cause spikes.

The Media API setting is a tricky one because it allows you to navigate content from HST screens. HOWEVER, there has almost been zero effort for the last 4 or so years from the HS team in making this rock solid. It all looks to be there but I can tell from tracing that if you have say 10 players there is a TON of communication happening, it is all but very efficient. I wouldn't recommend a single person to turn this on, but there are a few who like to live dangerously

Dirk

Comment

Thank you for your help and quick responses. That seems to have done it. Really, thank you again. I love having the ability to leverage my sonos players through homeseer!! Great plugin!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                X