X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Face Recognition plug-in - Feature Requests

Please use this thread to ask for new features

How about support for multiple cameras?

I don't need separate faces profiles happy for that to be shared, but keen to be able to detect across multiple streams. If multiple cameras were possible then I would like the ability to turn on/off the recognition feature for each camera independently (e.g. based on motion detection)

Stretch goal... don't suppose the detection logic could be extended to support vehicle number plate recognition?

Comment

Originally posted by ShimmerNZ View Post
      How about support for multiple cameras?

I don't need separate faces profiles happy for that to be shared, but keen to be able to detect across multiple streams. If multiple cameras were possible then I would like the ability to turn on/off the recognition feature for each camera independently (e.g. based on motion detection)

Stretch goal... don't suppose the detection logic could be extended to support vehicle number plate recognition?
      Multiple camera is already supported, you just have to start a new instance of the plugin for each camera, then you'll have one config page and one group of devices for each instance.
      You can also already start/stop the recognition feature by using the Status device Start/Stop controls.
      You could use the same training data for all instances by simply copying the images from one directory to another, but I don't think it's a good idea because the recognition algorithm is very sensitive to lights, colors, angle, etc..., so it is always better to record the training data with the same camera and in the same conditions as the ones that the plugin instance is going to use as input.

I'll try to detail all of this in the User Guide

number plate recognition would be possible, but not in my short term todo list.

Comment

is there anyway to use a clip or video stream taken from the same ip cam from the past and use it to capture face in the manager training data?

Thank you

Greg Mack

Comment

Originally posted by BIGMACK48 View Post
          is there anyway to use a clip or video stream taken from the same ip cam from the past and use it to capture face in the manager training data?

Thank you

Greg Mack
          no easy way to do this, unless you find a way to stream the recorded video like if it was a realtime stream

Comment

Do you think this plugin would work to recognize my car? I know sounds silly right?

Comment

Originally posted by MrMxyzptlk View Post
              Do you think this plugin would work to recognize my car? I know sounds silly right?
              no it won't work, it can only detect human faces.

Comment

Multiple Camera support

I got his working on my cameras!

I used my USB camera to train on my face.

But i have four other IP cameras for security I would like to use.

For me, as one person, I cannot train these cameras because they are all outside at entry doors.

My feature request would be the ability to Train the faces on a jpeg I submit, from that camera.

As an example, my cameras record all motion at these doors. I can take jpeg snap shots of the saved recording, and submit those faces to the trainer.

This would also allow me to train on unknown people who come to my door, I could track when and how often they try my door.

I could also train on my customers. As they walk in, i could have HS send me an email with their name and previous order history or pending orders.
                So as I meet them, it is the ultimate customer service where I "remember" them and their purchase history.

I could also train on my employees and get a text when they arrive at work.

Thank you
                Thomas

Comment

I wish Linux mono will be supported by this plugin...

Comment

Could you make it so it would detect my licence plate? So when I drive up to my gate it could automatically open??? That would be cool

Comment

Working...
                    X