How to control add-ons from event?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to control add-ons from event?

I'm trying to have HS3 be able to call the Icecast add-on (internet radio) and tell the add-on to select and play a particular station.

I see that there is a setting in the plugin to send to an add-on, but I am clueless on the JSON configurations and syntax.

In addition, is there a set of commands that could be used via a simple vb script that could be used instead of having to have multiple events?

Eventually, once I figure this out, I can setup a button array in HSTouch to select preset stream stations.

Any Ideas?
    Thanks in advance!

I installed this addon and took a look at its code, and I don't think there is an easy way to make it play a particular station from HS using the Execute Addon action.

One possible workaround would be to add your favorites stations as Kodi favourites (not the favourites at the Icecast addon level ) and then use something like I suggested in the following thread to play it: http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=177791

Ideally, I would need to add an "Open Favourite" action in a future version.

Comment

with version 3.0.1.2 of the Kodi plugin you can now play a favourite by using the event action type "Player Open Media"

Comment

Working...
      X