Max number of devices and other...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Max number of devices and other...

I wonder if there are some guidelines about how many z-wave devices (30 - 50 - 75) per Z-Net controller. I get there can't be an absolute number due to transmission rates, instant status, polling, etc. but I wonder if there are some rough guesses. I have 32 nodes now on my HS3-Znet S6 Hometroller system. Just for background 19 devices are 40kps, and 9 that are 9.6 kps and 4 that are 100kps. I have about 15 more new devices to add. Have only a few devices that I poll.

Overall I am tickled pink with the Z-Net and S6 Hometroller HA a big improvement from my HS2and really old Hometroller. The include node between HS3 and Z-Net is now good enough that I no longer need to pre-address the devices using a temp wiring whip kludge near the Z-Troller. The Z-Net response is great and connectivity to devices better than with the Z-Troller. Whilie I'm still a bit numb from the learning curve especially since I'm a neophyte non-technical goomba is really tough. I do hope they don't do the same dance with the migration to HS4 (Think the migration for HS1 to HS2) and I hope that is a long way off because I simply won't be capable of undertaking that effort as I will be way too old and decrepit.

I still have a few odds and ends to deal with but HS3 and Z-Net are good enough and I assume will only get better.
    -Rick

Right now I have a single znet with 105 devices and it's working well. I don't do much polling as most of my devices either support instant status, or are configured to send value updates on % change. The biggest traffic generators I have are the Aeotec Home Energy Monitors and I may replace those with a Brultech GEM at some point. I would personally not hesitate adding more devices.

Cheers
    Al
    HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
    Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Thank you
      -Rick

Comment

Working...
      X