This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BIGMACK48 View Post
    Thank You for explaining it to me. It make sense. The problem I having is that my wife only use the thermostat on the wall and my thermostat do not have a hold option. She don't like use a computer so she not willing to use BlStat page to set hold Temp. Sometime She set the heat temp to 80 without looking. That why I ask Blade to look into a option to setback the temp to a max temp default. Maybe Blade can use the EnergySave setpoints for that or a new field.

Thank you

Bigmack48
    What YOU can do is to set a script that will adjust it on her bahalf. The plug is smart enought to see what the temp is, whether it was done at the stat OR via Zwave. It happens on mine when I adjust at the stat, HS sees it.

So, you can set an event whenever a temp is ABOVE a certain temp, do this. You can set a condition in the event itself to say only do this if the schedule is running. This done because Blade has IN HIS INFINITE WISDOM created devices for each status and mode in the plug so you have something to monitor.

Example....

Run SChedule in plugin
    Set Virtual device to ON when schedule is deployed
    Event trigger when temp device Current.temp is above 75*
    -> condition set - Only when schedule is running
    Set current temp setpoint to 70*

Does this make sense? It does in my head but... you know... LOL

ALso, Blade, what are the chances of you adding up and down buttons on the set points? I am using a touch screen with NO kbd and this could help out a ton. Or, if too much work, maybe tell me how to do it?
    Last edited by Dafunktyfunk; December 28, 2010, 07:02 PM.
    Transitioning to HS3Pro .298 - WinXPEmbedded

Hometroller S3 Pro - WinXPEmbedded - HSP 2.5.0.81 - BLStat - HSPhone - HSTouch Srvr 1.0.0.73 - Touchpad - BLLan - BLOccupied - DSC Plug 2.0.0.14 - BLStat .38

Comment

It would be nice if Blade can add this feature

Bigmack48

Comment

I do plan to add this.
        Honest
        Cheers,
        Bob
        Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Comment

Originally posted by Blade View Post
          I do plan to add this.
          Honest

Sorry Bud, I am not trying to jam you up at all!

Honest! LOL!

Hometroller S3 Pro - WinXPEmbedded - HSP 2.5.0.81 - BLStat - HSPhone - HSTouch Srvr 1.0.0.73 - Touchpad - BLLan - BLOccupied - DSC Plug 2.0.0.14 - BLStat .38

Comment

Have you tried using the script calls for SetHoldOn and SetHoldOff.
            Check out the help for details.

Here is an example of setting hold ON at 74 F for 60 minutes for thermostat #1:

&hs.Plugin("BLStat").SetHoldOn(1,74,60)

Set set hold OFF:

&hs.Plugin("BLStat").SetHoldOff(1)
            I was able to get my home/away mode to work wonderfully using the scripts calls you gave me. Thanks a bunch!

I also noticed in the last update I installed, that the Fan now shows its status (idle/on low). It's nice to be able to see this info now.

Since I have multiple thermostats, I think it would be helpful to have an update all or poll all button on the thermostat page so that I don't have to hit Poll for each thermostat when I want to update the status. I only have 2 right now but for those that have more, it might be handy.

Comment

Hey Blade,

When I installed the lates beta, I got these errors in my log:

12/28/2010 8:38:55 PM - BLStat Error - DatabaseFunctionsSingleton.PerformDatabaseUpdate(): An error has occurred during database update statement: The Microsoft Jet database engine cannot find the input table or query 'tblStatData'. Make sure it exists and that its name is spelled correctly.
              12/28/2010 8:38:55 PM - BLStat Error - DatabaseFunctionsSingleton.PerformDatabaseUpdate(): DatabasePathAndName: C:\Program Files\HomeSeer HS2\Data\BLStat\BLStat.mdb
              12/28/2010 8:38:55 PM - BLStat Error - DatabaseFunctionsSingleton.PerformDatabaseUpdate(): sqlUpdateString: DELETE from tblStatData WHERE txtDateTime < #9/29/2010 20:38:55#

Also, the Fan mode now stays in AUTO/IDLE mode and does not change based on fan run state. It also has seemed to broken the HS Fan state as well, which used to work on rev F. I never went to rev G.

Comment

Great plugin...

Comment

Originally posted by Dafunktyfunk View Post
                  Hey Blade,

When I installed the lates beta, I got these errors in my log:

12/28/2010 8:38:55 PM - BLStat Error - DatabaseFunctionsSingleton.PerformDatabaseUpdate(): An error has occurred during database update statement: The Microsoft Jet database engine cannot find the input table or query 'tblStatData'. Make sure it exists and that its name is spelled correctly.
                  12/28/2010 8:38:55 PM - BLStat Error - DatabaseFunctionsSingleton.PerformDatabaseUpdate(): DatabasePathAndName: C:\Program Files\HomeSeer HS2\Data\BLStat\BLStat.mdb
                  12/28/2010 8:38:55 PM - BLStat Error - DatabaseFunctionsSingleton.PerformDatabaseUpdate(): sqlUpdateString: DELETE from tblStatData WHERE txtDateTime < #9/29/2010 20:38:55#

Also, the Fan mode now stays in AUTO/IDLE mode and does not change based on fan run state. It also has seemed to broken the HS Fan state as well, which used to work on rev F. I never went to rev G.
                  Hmmm... it is like the table did not get created on plugin startup.
                  Please post your hspi_BLStat.ini file and let me see it.
                  Thx
                  Cheers,
                  Bob

Comment

I have posted a new rev build.
                    Cheers,
                    Bob

Comment

Blade,

Great Job so far,

Could you add this to your long list of things to do!

I would like everybody to join in and help me with this request.

Is there a way to keep track of how much oil/gas you are burning each day using the run time for each thermostat. maybe you canl provide us with a report with will show daily usage. We will input the dollar rate per hours.

Maybe it would be nice to show on the page if we can figure it out a gauge to show how much oil/Gas is left. May we entered the number of gals and you subtract for the balance. Just a thought!!!

I thik this will be a great feature to add to great product!!!!

Thank You

BigMack48

Comment

Hey Bob,

Trying to download the latest beta but the link on the first page is back to a.

Edit***

Nevermind, I see you have incremented to .1a

Comment

Originally posted by travis010 View Post
                          Since I have multiple thermostats, I think it would be helpful to have an update all or poll all button on the thermostat page so that I don't have to hit Poll for each thermostat when I want to update the status. I only have 2 right now but for those that have more, it might be handy.
                          The ability to poll all thermostats will be in the next build.
                          Cheers,
                          Bob

Comment

Originally posted by Dafunktyfunk View Post
                            Hey Blade,
                            I could not have broken the HS plugin. I notice that mine will not show any fan state when in Auto. If i change my fan to ON then it says it is Low
                            Cheers,
                            Bob

Comment

A new build has been posted.
                              Cheers,
                              Bob

Comment

I could not have broken the HS plugin. I notice that mine will not show any fan state when in Auto. If i change my fan to ON then it says it is Low
                                Thank you, Sir!

I didn't think you could have but, thought i would through it out there. I could have SWORN my fan state changed in the HS version. One of the things we commented about before and you mentioned that their did it because of some direct API or something...

I will try the new version...

THANKS FOR YOU HARD WORK ON THIS!

Comment

Working...
                                X