Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I am working on a new HS3 plugin (BLControl)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am going to take a guess and say the app you are working on is a phone tracking app, that lets you geofence, but also have speaker client on your phone, VR and the likes so not just one individual part but all of them.

Or alternatively, it responds to information from your phone e.g. when a call is received, a SMS is received, battery is x percent and so on.
    HS3 PRO, Win10, WeatherXML, HSTouch, Pushover, UltraGCIR, Heaps of Jon00 Plugins, Just sold and about to move so very slim system.

Facebook | Twitter | Flickr | Google+ | Website | YouTube

Comment

Originally posted by Blade View Post
      I am working on something new for HS3 that I hope will be very beneficial for a lot of people. I know I have wanted this for a long time now.

I am not going to give it away just yet. I still need to do more coding and testing but it is coming along so far. This plugin could end up being quite large and I have other plans for it as well.

Stay tuned for more...
      I love the way you have now created a demand for something we now all must have and desire even though we don't even know what it is yet
      Nicolai L

Comment

Hi, my name is Bryan and I'm a Blade plug-in addict...
        Bryan
        Software/Hardware: Win10 Pro, HS 3 Pro, HS Touch, Echo, Edgeport/4, Z-Net w/88 Devices, Insteon PLM w/19 Devices, Nest, GC-100-6, W800RF32A, WS-2080 Weather Station (KMADRACU10)
        Plug-in/Scripts: Alexa API, BLBackup, BLGData, BLLED, BLLock, BLRF, BLTVGuide, Blue Iris, BLUPS, Current Cost 3P, DirectTV, FitbitSeer, Insteon, Nest, Pushover 3P, Random, Restart, Tasker, UltraGCIR3, UltraWeatherWU, Z-Wave

Comment

I'm all about Android so definitely looking forward to what you may be putting together.

And yes...I'm an Apple hater too
          HS4Pro Win10 | Fire Tablet touchscreen client, Android Phones and Tablets | Jon00 | Smartthings | Philips Hue | Trane | Caseta | Nanoleaf | Ring | August | Evolve | Aladdin | Amazon Alexa/IFTT

Comment

Just an update...

I have managed to get the android app to communicate with the plugin. I am now speaking phrases on the phone and HS3 is acting on them.
            Voice commands are the first part of the plugin.

You will be able to setup voice phrases in the plugin and when the plugin receives those phrases from your phone client then it will do what you have specified.

For example:

I have a phrase in the plugin like this:

play artist [data]

The action for the phrase is to run a script command(s). Here is the command I have entered for testing:

hs.Speak("[data] is now playing")

So when I speak "play artist U2" into the android app, the plugin executes the "play artist [data]" phrase and then runs the script commands that I have entered.
            The [data] is substituted for what you spoke after "play artist"
            Cheers,
            Bob
            Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Comment

This is real nice Bob ... definitely one of the features that I would like to have .... on iOS
              I often thought of doing that with a combination of a walkie talkie app that uses bluetooth for communication and a bluetooth receiver plugged into the Mic input of the HS machine. Not sure if it would even work, never tried it

Comment

Originally posted by bernieb View Post
                This is real nice Bob ... definitely one of the features that I would like to have .... on iOS
                I often thought of doing that with a combination of a walkie talkie app that uses bluetooth for communication and a bluetooth receiver plugged into the Mic input of the HS machine. Not sure if it would even work, never tried it
                Once the Android app is done I will do my best to port it over to iOS
                Cheers,
                Bob

Comment

I have been making good progress on this... I currently have the app connecting and sending data back and forth with the HS plugin. I can run events from the app now as well as speak commands from the phone and have the plugin perform an action when a specific phrase is recognized. Working on device control as well.

I am thinking of integrating it with my plugins as well. Just not sure what yet.

I am looking for ideas of what else you would like to see.
                  Cheers,
                  Bob

Comment

If you have already done two way Audio I would say move on to NFC.

I have started to play with them, linking them to HS via HTTP commands. That way a light switch is like 17 cents cause all I do it touch my phone to it...

Then you don't need to worry about them silly apples because they lack NFC anyway.

Not sure if Location awareness would be helpful or just asking homeseer to unlock my front door.

Comment

Originally posted by stboch View Post
                      If you have already done two way Audio I would say move on to NFC.

I have started to play with them, linking them to HS via HTTP commands. That way a light switch is like 17 cents cause all I do it touch my phone to it...

Then you don't need to worry about them silly apples because they lack NFC anyway.

Not sure if Location awareness would be helpful or just asking homeseer to unlock my front door.
                      How would you use NFC in the app to communicate to HS? Can you give examples of how you use it.
                      Cheers,
                      Bob

Comment

NFC tap outside runs get home event. NFC tap runs in car event. Personally I find NFC to be good for paying for things and not much more. But there is a craz for doing all jinds of things with them. Maybe integration with Tasker and NFC Task Launcher is all that's needed.
                        Originally posted by rprade
                        There is no rhyme or reason to the anarchy a defective Z-Wave device can cause

Comment

I am looking into integrating NFC with the plugin and app
                          I am thinking you will add the tags to the plugin and then when the app receives the tag it will send the tag to the plugin so that an action can be performed.

Thoughts?
                          Cheers,
                          Bob

Comment

Originally posted by Blade View Post
                            I am looking into integrating NFC with the plugin and app
                            I am thinking you will add the tags to the plugin and then when the app receives the tag it will send the tag to the plugin so that an action can be performed.

Thoughts?
                            Yes I think this is the best Idea as you can then use it to trigger an event or set/toggle a device.

Can I ask if you are thinking of adding location triggers to?

Greig.
                            Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
                            X10 = CM12U, 2xAM12, 1xAW10, 1 x TM13U, 1xMS13, 2xHR10, 2xSS13
                            Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
                            Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
                            Scripts =
                            Various

Comment

Originally posted by enigmatheatre View Post
                              Can I ask if you are thinking of adding location triggers to?
                              One thing at a time
                              Cheers,
                              Bob

Comment

Probably missed it, but what is FSC?
                                Don

Comment

Working...
                                X