Krumpy plugin conversion suggestion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Krumpy plugin conversion suggestion

I am currently using the Krumpy plugin - have been for years. It appears that it is now at end of life with no current plans to move into HS3. I suspect that there are a number of people out there that need to move to your plugin.

One suggestion I have for improvement of the plugin is to allow the user to configure the name of the MainLobby variables created by the plugin. I have a lot of scenes and code on the MainLobby side, as well as scripts and events on the Homeseer side, referencing the variable name "mlhsplugin". Also, I haven't looked closely at the documentation but it seems like the syntax for executing commands back and forth through the plugin is similar. It would be great if it accepts the Krumpy command syntax as well to aid the transition?

I know it's not the end of the world to go through my code and fix all of this but I thought this would increase the likelihood of people moving sooner than later. I know it would spur me on to do it! I am interested in moving to HS3 but so far have held off. Thanks.

Bump - any thoughts on this? I am planning to convert to HS3 at some point and it would be easier if I don't need to rename the variables in MainLobby. I have references all over the place. Thanks.

Comment

I believe you can do this but am not 100% sure. Not looking at the plugin right now but on the devices page where you select them, there is an MLCode box. I believe you can name it what you want there.
      Test it and let me know
      Cheers,
      Bob
      Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Comment

Thanks. I will download it and give it a try.

Comment

Let me know how it goes.
          Cheers,
          Bob

Comment

I took a look. It does allow you to change the variable name on existing variables - one by one. It does not appear to give you the option of changing the default name used by the plugin when creating variables.

This is not a huge issue as I will have to go through and rename all of the existing variables to mlhs_ format. Moving forward I could use the default bl_ variable name.

It would be nice to be able to set the default naming convention in the options. I understand the branding issues, etc. but I would prefer to have them all "hs_" or something similar! As I said, not a huge issue.

Comment

Add a feature request on my site for this and I will have a look
              Cheers,
              Bob

Comment

Just coming into this and I was wondering if a conversion for the variables was ever created?

Thanks

Comment

It was addressed - I believe there is a section in the settings that allows you to specify the name of the variable so you can match up all of your old variables. I have not implemented it yet as the task of switching to HS3 has been so daunting that I am only doing it in baby steps and using Jon00's connector to keep HS2 running. I will eventually get there!

Comment

Thanks. Yeah I know what you mean. I have been working on it and it seems like nothing is the same from HS2 to HS3. I ran the inporter that was posted and nothing came over so everything is being done manually.

Comment

I am just getting around to implementing this - I changed the blml2hs prefix to HS3. I thought this was easier to type when programming scripts, etc. But it didn't work - it still created the variables with a blml2hs prefix. I tried restarting everything, deselecting the variables, reselecting them - no dice. Is there anything I can do to get this working? Thanks.

Comment

On the devices page is where you can change that. I will have to look at the code because it has been a while since I looked at this one
                        Can you put in a help desk ticket on my site and provide me a debug log of you changing the prefix and then saving.
                        Thanks
                        Cheers,
                        Bob

Comment

Working...
                        X