Question about string values not coming through

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question about string values not coming through

I posted this message in the Nest 3P forum. I am having an issue with the string values from my Nest devices not showing up in MainLobby. I am still trying to find out where the issue is. The value shows in the device list in HS3, but the string field appears to be blank when I click into the advanced view and the variable created in MainLobby shows "Unknown".

Any pointers on what is not connecting here? Thanks.

http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=185295

Does the device string have a value in it for the device in HS?
    If not then the plugin puts in "Unknown"
    Cheers,
    Bob
    Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Comment

The string field is apparently blank so that would be the issue. I will repost over there and see why that is not populated. Thanks.

Comment

Some device strings get populated and others do not - that is the issue.
        I can make a change to the plugin to send the string associated with the device value. This would likely solve your issue
        Cheers,
        Bob

Comment

So if the string field is not populated it will take the text that is in the status? This is a little confusing for me - does this mean that the text that displays in the status field on the device management display is actually or can be different from that which is displayed in the string field? What would happen if they were different?

This is not a huge deal - I am able to check the status of the variable through the numeric value 0,1,2. I was just curious why I was getting unknowns on the one variable. Thanks.

Comment

If the string is populated it will use that

If the string is not populated, then it will look at the device status pairs and get the label for the current device value.

If it cannot get it then it will send "Unknown"
            Cheers,
            Bob

Comment

Just to clarify -is this how you would propose to change it moving forward?

Comment

Yes I should be able to change it tonight and will post here when the new build is ready for you to try out
                Cheers,
                Bob

Comment

That's awesome. Thanks.

Comment

Try 2.0.22 in the HS3 updater and let me know
                    Cheers,
                    Bob

Comment

Thanks for updating this.

I tried it out and saw two issues. First the string field did update - as you can see in the hs3_nest_ground_status variable, but then it did not refresh again. So it appears it took the first string value and never changed.

Second, I started to see some extraneous characters in other fields - for example hs3_nest_ground_high - the value is 69 but I getting some garbage after the number. This is happening in the other variables as well.
                      Attached Files

Comment

OK did the value change for that device - it should update the ML variables if the device value changes

I will check into the bad characters tonight
                        Cheers,
                        Bob

Comment

Also, can you attach a screenshot of the status graphics tab for the h3_nest_ground_high device in HS3
                          Cheers,
                          Bob

Comment

OK, the status device in homeseer is updating but the status in MainLobby is only updating once (when I installed the updated plugin) and hasn't changed since. I have posted a screen shot of the device in question as requested. Thanks.
                            Attached Files

Comment

I need the status graphics tab screenshot
                              Click on the device name and then click on the status graphics tab
                              Post a screenshot of that
                              Cheers,
                              Bob

Comment

Working...
                              X