Proper way to transfer info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Proper way to transfer info

I just received my Z-net and have a licensed copy of HS3. I also have a zeetroller that I want to transfer everything to the z-net.

It seemed to me that I would tell the zeetroller to send the info to the new controller and make it primary and at the z-net to receive the info from another controller. But NO!!!!!!!!!!!!

What is the proper way to transfer from one controller to another and while I'm at it, where are the events stored on the zee and where do I put them on windows HS3?

I better put on a pot of coffee.

Originally posted by racerfern View Post
    I just received my Z-net and have a licensed copy of HS3. I also have a zeetroller that I want to transfer everything to the z-net.

It seemed to me that I would tell the zeetroller to send the info to the new controller and make it primary and at the z-net to receive the info from another controller. But NO!!!!!!!!!!!!

What is the proper way to transfer from one controller to another and while I'm at it, where are the events stored on the zee and where do I put them on windows HS3?

I better put on a pot of coffee.
    It is easy. First shutdown HomeSeer and take a backup of the entire HomeSeer HS3 directory structure. Then start up HomeSeer and back up the Z-Troller through the Z-Wave controller menu.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	57.4 KB
ID:	1190390

Then remove and disconnect the Z-Troller, install the Z-Net and configure the plug-in for the new IP address and port. Note: you can use the same IP address, but the port is different on the Z-Troller if you have it connected through an Ethernet to serial interface. Restore from the backup you created above:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture2.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	57.2 KB
ID:	1190391
    HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

http://www.homeseer.com/guides/Z-NET...tion-Guide.pdf

Step #2 & #5

Comment

But if I make a backup on the zeetroller it resides on the zeetroller, not on the PC that the z-net is connected to. Don't I have to move the actual backup file from the zeetroller to the PC?

I am using the built-in zeetroller linux HS3 to run Zee. But using the PC HS3 from here forward to run the z-net.

I opted for vodka instead of coffee.
        Last edited by racerfern; March 31, 2017, 04:54 PM. Reason: add

Comment

Originally posted by racerfern View Post
          But if I make a backup on the zeetroller it resides on the zeetroller, not on the PC that the z-net is connected to. Don't I have to move the actual backup file from the zeetroller to the PC?

I am using the built-in zeetroller linux HS3 to run Zee. But using the PC HS3 from here forward to run the z-net.

I opted for vodka instead of coffee.
          The backup is stored on the HS3 machine under /HomeSeer HS3/Data/Z-Wave, it is not stored on the controller. When you go to restore, it will look for the file there. Just make sure you use the backup you just took, in case there are others.

It reads that you are also changing from HomeSeer on Linux to HomeSeer under Windows. If that is the case, you have a lot more than just to backup and restore the Z-Wave network. You can still backup the Zee and restore to the Z-Net while running on the Zee, but then you will need to move the HomeSeer configuration to Windows. I don't know if there is a path to transfer a Linux database to Windows.
          HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Cool! I only had to do one factory reset. Somehow I got all the devices transferred and it appears they're working. I had to use WinSCP to copy from the Zee to the directory tree in the PC that holds HS3.

Now I have to rename all the devices because they came in with the default names, their floors and rooms because it all came in as NodeX and Zwave for rooms. Not a big deal I guess. It sure beats excluding and including all devices all over the house.

I am curious how I can transfer my events. Any suggestions are welcome.

Comment

Working...
            X