www.homeseer.com    

Go Back   HomeSeer Message Board > Camera Plug-ins > Camera Discussion

Old January 18th, 2017, 03:46 PM
Seer Deluxe

Camera integration

I have had very little consistent success getting foscam wireless PTZ cams to reliably show up in HS3Touch with operable controls. For other reasons, I am now considering installing 6 fixed position ethernet cams on a dvr recorder. Does it require an engineering degree to get those reliably streaming to HS3Touch?
5 CT-100 tstats
Serial IT-100 interface to DSC Panel with 8 wired zones
18 Fortrezz water sensors & two valve controls
Serial Rain8Net Pro with 8 zones
Old January 19th, 2017, 05:13 PM
Seer Deluxe

Can anyone help me on this question?
Old January 19th, 2017, 07:38 PM
Seer Deluxe

I've done it.
It works better on ImperiHome but does work on HS3Touch.

I'll look at the settings over the weekend
Old January 20th, 2017, 08:57 AM
Seer Deluxe

Thank you gd1210; I'll look forward to your weekend post. Your reply seems to partly answer my question; apparently it's not an altogether simple process. At some point I thought I understood that the HS3Touch vastly simplified camera integration; maybe not so much? I'd still love to hear some other observations.
Old January 25th, 2017, 02:46 PM
Seer Deluxe

What are your update times set to?
I setup up HS3Touch to update every 10seconds.
It doesn't always seem to update mind
Old January 28th, 2017, 11:08 PM
Seer Deluxe

Sheriff, I use BlueIris and use it to stream to my HSTouch clients (not constantly, only on demand). I have found that no matter how I have done it (lots) HSTouch will always crash eventually needing a restart.

What platform do you use for HSTouch?

On all my Android clients, over 10 of them, I just switch over to "tinyCam PRO" app if I want to leave the cameras streaming for any length of time. A button in HSTouch takes me to tinyCam and the back button brings HSTouch back.

Another really slick way I have been working on is with Tasker on my Android tablets, it offers a plugin for tinyCam which allows alot of things to happen outside HSTouch. Tasker can make a camera popup on top of HSTouch in a window leaving HSTouch intact and leveraging the other app for video but never actually leaving HSTouch, 10-15 FPS also in H264 which cant be done inside HSTouch.

John
Old March 14th, 2017, 10:33 PM
Seer

hey Sheriff. Have you managed to resolve the problem? Will try it too if you have fixed it with these tips
Old March 14th, 2017, 11:03 PM
Seer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheriff View Post
I have had very little consistent success getting foscam wireless PTZ cams to reliably show up in HS3Touch with operable controls. For other reasons, I am now considering installing 6 fixed position ethernet cams on a dvr recorder. Does it require an engineering degree to get those reliably streaming to HS3Touch?
Have been away for a while so I am catching up with post. I am running 6 fixed HikVision IP cameras with plans to add several more. I have not had any problems with HSTouch displaying the cameras. I also use HikVision's mobile app (iVMS-4500) which gives me better all around functionality on my phone. For me reliable streaming is more of a bandwidth issue with my ISP, living in the country has lots of benefits, but high speed internet is not one of them.
Old March 14th, 2017, 11:38 PM
Seer Deluxe

I installed hikivision cams on a nvms7000 dvr; I ended up just using their mobile app which is very robust. I'd love a button in HSTouch to jump over to the nvms software.