Text to Speech stopped working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Text to Speech stopped working

I was only using the plugin for text to speech and it has been working great.

All of a sudden it stopped working and I am getting error messages. I rolled back to a recent system backup - no change.

Deactivated and reactivated the plugin - no change.

Any ideas? I really loved having announcements through the Sonos speakers.
    Attached Files

Originally posted by hiken View Post
    I was only using the plugin for text to speech and it has been working great.

All of a sudden it stopped working and I am getting error messages. I rolled back to a recent system backup - no change.

Deactivated and reactivated the plugin - no change.

Any ideas? I really loved having announcements through the Sonos speakers.
    My crystal ball is a bit cloudy today, so I have no clue .

So how about we start it the right way:

Which PI version
    OS version
    Firewall?
    Recent changes?
    How exactly did you deactivate and re-activte the PI: did you delete devices?
    How exactly did you restore from a backup? Is this a windows (complete) backup or something partial? Copied files manually?

Dirk

Comment

Some of the best works in history have come from cloudy crystal balls

Which PI version

OS version

I have the Homeseer S6 with embedded version of Windows

Firewall?

None

Recent changes?

Not in the past 60 days

Did not delete devices. I disabled and then enabled through the Plugins management screen

How exactly did you restore from a backup? Is this a windows (complete)
      backup or something partial? Copied files manually?

I use the Backup Config and the Restore Config through the HS Setup area. This normally works well for me. I routinely backup my system through this way - especially during times where the system is stable. I restored from a backup on March 1st. The plugin worked well up to the 14th.

Comment

Originally posted by hiken View Post
        Some of the best works in history have come from cloudy crystal balls

Which PI version

OS version

I have the Homeseer S6 with embedded version of Windows

Firewall?

None

Recent changes?

Not in the past 60 days

Did not delete devices. I disabled and then enabled through the Plugins management screen

How exactly did you restore from a backup? Is this a windows (complete)
        backup or something partial? Copied files manually?

I use the Backup Config and the Restore Config through the HS Setup area. This normally works well for me. I routinely backup my system through this way - especially during times where the system is stable. I restored from a backup on March 1st. The plugin worked well up to the 14th.
        OK, thanks for the info. Suggest you turn debug flag on, log to disk on, restart HS, wait 5 minutes, do an announcement, wait 2 minutes, go to the config page and turn the disk logging off. Post the log file (<hs root>\html\Sonos\Logs\Sonosdebug.txt (or something like that)).

Dirk

Comment

Could you also post your config page screen shot. Top and bottom part.
          The log you had in a few posting back shows you cannot communicate with player "great room". Maybe there is just an issue with that player ....
          There is also version 18 that you may want to upgrade to....
          Dirk

Comment

Sorry. This turned out to be my issue. Your post made me decide to look at the Sonos system. It turned out the Great Room device disconnected from my system and I had to reinitialize.

Meanwhile I did install the beta version of the plugin, version 3.1.0.18.

It works well now. But there was a very curious change in the plugin appearance.

Does this look correct?
            Attached Files

Comment

Working...
            X