X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why would the other commands work without putting HomeSeer in the command? If it wasnt registered properly I would have thought they wouldn't work also?

Comment

That device was not found

I reinstalled both skills skill
      I then said
      "Alexa tell homeseer to turn on bar five"

Alexa replied
      That device was not found

This is the log.
      May-26 16:12:13 Info Heard: turn on bar five
      May-26 16:12:13 Error Compiling script check_vcmd.vb:

BUT if I say
      "Alexa turn on bar five"
      then it works

Comment

From this and the other information in your other post, it sounds like both skills are now working correctly.

The issue now is why check_vcmd.vb is not compiling. Obviously if it cannot be compiled, it cannot run. Unfortunately I cannot really assist here. Can you get other scripts to run via an event?
        Jon

Comment

Looks like I cannot run a script from an event. Wondering somehow if this is a permission problem. I created a new thread for this. Jon your Cumulus script does run however. I guess thats already compiled. Is that the difference? vben works and vb doesnt
          Last edited by mworsnop; May 27, 2017, 08:35 AM. Reason: t

Comment

Due to the announcement by HST that Google Home actions using "Hey Google ...ask Homeseer..." will cease June 12th 2017, this package will no longer work with GH after that date. Therefore the title/documentation has been changed back to refer to the Amazon Echo only.

If you are using Google Chrome with the experimental option (i.e. Echo location) I have found a more reliable method to stop Chrome updates. Method 3 works very well if you look here.

Long live Alexa!
            Jon

Comment

Attached Files
              -Rick

Comment

Try adding the button name a a third parameter for CAPI i.e.

445,0,Down
                Jon

Comment

Jon, Thanks works fine now!

-r
                  -Rick

Comment

Jon,

The helper really makes Echo a useful tool around here. As you know you just helped me solve a problem with CAPI using both the numeric value and the device's status text for successful command execution.

I wonder if adding a test button to the helper would be helpful to debug the helper script avoiding the interchange with the Echo and needing to review the log, the Alexa app, etc while creating a helper trigger.

Feel free to avoid executing as your time is yours and as is it's is a big help tool and its presumptions for me to ask... aka whine.

-rick
                    -Rick

Comment

Yes I can add a "Test Homeseer triggers" button to the page. I won't add it to the response triggers as that is much harder to implement.
                      Jon

Comment

Ok, I'm a tad bit confused.

Does/can the helper app intercept the command text and make substitutions then pass it on to the regular VR processing in HS or do you have to build a helper entry for every function or device?

Examples:

Alexa will at its discretion take a phrase say "set the Johns Desk Lights to 50%" and pass it to HS as "set the jons Desk Lights to 50%" think that I'm a potty. Since this can happen on any command that has the word "John" or "Johns" it would be nice to just have the helper do a substitution when ever it sees any of those words to "John or Johns as needed.

Also being able to use the form John(s) and have it convert it to "John" or "Johns" if the "s" is or is not present would be handy. An even better example would be Light(s) to Light or Lights. Basically stripping or always adding the "s". This may be the same as the previous.

Same for commands, being able to change "Turn On" to "Turn On the" would allow more commands to sound more natural such as my example above when I could say "set Johns Desk Lights to 50%" rather than "set the Johns Desk Lights to 50%". Again this would be across the board on any command without having to make a helper entry for every device.

Lastly, I think, being able to use a general entry to translate a command without having to specify the device. This would allow one to say the more natural "Get the 'Dog Door' Status" and have that translated to the correct HS syntax of Get the status of the 'Dog Door'" where "Dog Door could be any device.

For give me if some of this is possible. I only have a Zee S2 so making changes it rather drawn out since I can't use the web interface
                        HomeSeer Version: HS3 Standard Edition 3.0.0.548
                        Linux version: Linux auto 4.15.0-72-generic #81-Ubuntu SMP Tue Nov 26 12:20:02 UTC 2019 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
                        Number of Devices: 484 | Number of Events: 776

Enabled Plug-Ins: 3.0.0.13: AirplaySpeak | 2.0.61.0: BLBackup
                        3.0.0.70: EasyTrigger | 1.3.7006.42100: LiftMaster MyQ
                        4.2.3.0: mcsMQTT | 3.0.0.53: PHLocation2 | 0.0.0.47: Pushover 3P
                        3.0.0.16: RaspberryIO | 3.0.1.262: Z-Wave

Z-Net version: 1.0.23 for Inclusion Nodes
                        SmartStick+: 6.04 (ZDK 6.81.3) on Server

Comment

The helper triggers on keywords and depends on the match mode used.

So for example if you used Mode 1 (contains all the words in any order) and used the following to the AlexaText entry:

AlexaText=jon desk light||john desk light

You would get a match/trigger with any of these sentences heard by Alexa:

set the Johns Desk Lights to 50%
                          set the John Desk Lights to 50%
                          set the Jon Desk Light to 50%
                          set the Jon Desk Lights to 50%
                          set the Johns Desk Lights to 50%
                          set the Johns Desk Light to 50%
                          set the Jons Desk Light to 50%
                          set the Jons Desk Lights to 50%

turn on the Johns Desk Lights to 50%
                          turn on the John Desk Lights to 50%
                          turn on the Jon Desk Light to 50%
                          turn on the Jon Desk Lights to 50%
                          turn on the Johns Desk Lights to 50%
                          turn on the John Desk Lights to 50%
                          turn on the Jons Desk Lights to 50%
                          turn on the Jons Desk Light to 50%

Looking at the colors, so long as all three words are matched in any order in the voice string, you get a trigger.

A better AlexaText would be to add percent so you differentiate between on/off/dim

AlexaText=jon desk light percent||john desk light percent

All the above sentences would still match.
                          Jon

Comment

Ok, I think I'm starting to understand.

Let me ask this first, So is or isn't there a way for you to make any substitutions then pass that on to HS3 to process it. That way one wouldn't have to make an entry for every device just every word group you wanted to do substations on. You could just the same Trigger to fix "light" and "lights" to both return "lights". Other examples would be "john","johns","jon" and "sons" to return "johns" or "Chandelier", "Chandelier Light" or "Chandelier Lights" to "Chandelier Lights".

So if the helper intercept "turn on the living room light" and then pass it on as "turn on the living room lights" or "turn on the dining room chandelier" passed on as "turn on the dining room chandelier lights" or "turn on all the light" passed on as "turn on all the lights". All of these done by the same trigger.

If this could be done then maybe a new entry call [substitution] could be added that would be processes first then passed on through the existing triggers and if not acted on by them passed on to HS3 to process.

Since I'm on a Zee S2 it would be handy see what the actual [trigger] sections from the Jon00Alexa.ini file would look like for the example you gave me.

It would also be handy if you could take the example in the helper manual for the use of a Trigger and ResponseTrigger and post the corresponding sections from an actual Jon00Alexa.ini file.

Not being able to use the web editor on the Zee S2 can make one feel like they're working without a net. Sure which the RaspberryPi had the ability to run aspx. I wonder if the Pi 3 is the same?

have you, or anyone, heard if Amazon is looking at a way to pass which echo sent the information so you wouldn't have to use the history file? Seems like that would be a great upgrade.
                            HomeSeer Version: HS3 Standard Edition 3.0.0.548
                            Linux version: Linux auto 4.15.0-72-generic #81-Ubuntu SMP Tue Nov 26 12:20:02 UTC 2019 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
                            Number of Devices: 484 | Number of Events: 776

Enabled Plug-Ins: 3.0.0.13: AirplaySpeak | 2.0.61.0: BLBackup
                            3.0.0.70: EasyTrigger | 1.3.7006.42100: LiftMaster MyQ
                            4.2.3.0: mcsMQTT | 3.0.0.53: PHLocation2 | 0.0.0.47: Pushover 3P
                            3.0.0.16: RaspberryIO | 3.0.1.262: Z-Wave

Z-Net version: 1.0.23 for Inclusion Nodes
                            SmartStick+: 6.04 (ZDK 6.81.3) on Server

Comment

No, Homeseer make no hooks available for Alexa for substitutions. All we can do is capture Alexa's voice string. If it is not processed by this helper, it is passed on to Homeseer's Echo skill for processing as before.

A Pi3 is very capable of running ASPX and if you load the standard Homeseer Linux version on one, it should work fine. The problem is the Zee build which was written for the original Pi and did not have enough processing to support these web pages. Therefore there has been no effort to get this working even though we are a few years down the line with faster Pi's. I'm sure if HST spent 30mins on this, they could get it working.

Here is a simple example:

[Trigger1]
                              AlexaText=jon desk light on||john desk light on
                              Mode=1
                              AlexaResponse=OK, turning on desk light
                              RunEvent=Jon_Light_on
                              Runscript=
                              Speak=
                              SPClient=
                              SpeakDevice=
                              CAPI=
                              Json=
                              DeviceValue=
                              SetDeviceValue=
                              SetCapiValue=
                              Delay=
                              AlexaSource=skill

On a successful trigger, this would get Alexa to say: 'OK, turning on desk light' and run a Homeseer event called 'Jon_Light_on'.

The location services have been requested however at this time there is no other method other than use the history page.
                              Jon

Comment

how to control a virtual device with various states

I have a virtual switch with 5 states which I want to control via a response trigger. device ref is 228, the states are 0,1,2,3,4. I put 228,0 in CAPI, 228,1 and so on. the only one wo4rking is 228,0. What am I doing wrong ?
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X