Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HS-WS100+... which way is up?

I know, a crazy question.

I'm about to install my first HS-WS100+ switch and noticed the diagram used in the instructions show the ground screw at the bottom and line/load lines on the left-hand side. From looking at the switch I'd have to say this is backwards and it should be installed ground screw up. This also puts line/load on the right when facing the switch from its front while mounted in the box like every other typical switch I've ever installed. The text on the metal plate is also readable in the ground screw up orientation.

I'm going to install it ground screw up and text readable and hope for the best, but if someone can toss out a quick confirmation that'd be great.

Originally posted by scorp508 View Post
    I know, a crazy question.

I'm about to install my first HS-WS100+ switch and noticed the diagram used in the instructions show the ground screw at the bottom and line/load lines on the left-hand side. From looking at the switch I'd have to say this is backwards and it should be installed ground screw up. This also puts line/load on the right when facing the switch from its front while mounted in the box like every other typical switch I've ever installed. The text on the metal plate is also readable in the ground screw up orientation.

I'm going to install it ground screw up and text readable and hope for the best, but if someone can toss out a quick confirmation that'd be great.
    Ground screw on top, line and load on the right (while looking at the front) and writing on the metal plate in the correct orientation is the way you want it.
    HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post
      Ground screw on top, line and load on the right (while looking at the front) and writing on the metal plate in the correct orientation is the way you want it.
      Thanks for confirming, appreciate it!

Comment

Installed and working. That was easy.

Comment

Working...
        X