Not Updating

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not Updating

Don't know why but my Sonos plug-in has stopped updating. Only thing I can get to up date is the track position and as you can see from the pictures it counts past the length of the song. Also it is actually paused at the time of the pictures. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture Sonos.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	60.1 KB
ID:	1210970

Name:	Capture Sonos 2.jpg
Size:	46.7 KB
ID:	1210971

Originally posted by msmassengill View Post
    Don't know why but my Sonos plug-in has stopped updating. Only thing I can get to up date is the track position and as you can see from the pictures it counts past the length of the song. Also it is actually paused at the time of the pictures. Any help is greatly appreciated.

[ATTACH]61007[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]61008[/ATTACH]
    Check/disable firewall

Comment

I checked my firewall and it is set to allow all traffic from and to the plug in, I went ahead and disabled it and it did not change anything. Still doing the same. I also cannot get to my radio stations when I go into the player.
      Last edited by msmassengill; May 6, 2017, 09:57 AM.

Comment

I checked my firewall and it is set to allow all traffic from and to the plug in, I went ahead and disabled it and it did not change anything. Still doing the same. I also cannot get to my radio stations when I go into the player.
        I was on the road, back home, sorry for slow response.

Do you still have the issue?
        Can you stop/play players but status isn't updated?
        Which version of the PI are you using, which OS is it running on?
        When did it started? Any recent upgrades?
        If you restart the PI or HS3, does it make a difference?

Dirk

Comment

Originally posted by dcorsus View Post
          I was on the road, back home, sorry for slow response.

Do you still have the issue?
          Can you stop/play players but status isn't updated?
          Which version of the PI are you using, which OS is it running on?
          When did it started? Any recent upgrades?
          If you restart the PI or HS3, does it make a difference?

Dirk
          Thats ok I understand.

Yes still have the issue.

Yes I can stop, play, pause, Etc. Just the status is not updating.

I am running PI Version 3.0.0.21 on a windows 10 system dedicated to Homeseer and Security Cameras.

I just noticed it this past week on my HStouch device in my house. Thought it was something going on with my Device communicating with my server. But everything else on it updated fine. That is when I went to the server and found it wasn't updating on it either. There has not been any big updates that I am aware of. The server is set up to notify me to install them and I have not installed an. I only updated another plug in this past week.

I have restarted the PI, Homeseer, and the server, even removed the devices and let the PI find them again and has not made any difference.

This is the only ERROR I am getting when I Debug and/or Super Debug....

May-07 3:11:11 PM Sonos MPTimeout done
          May-07 3:11:11 PM Sonos Warning Warning in MPTimeout with error = Value cannot be null. Parameter name: hostNameOrAddress
          May-07 3:11:11 PM Sonos MPTimeout pinged IPAddress = 192.XXX.X.XXX successfully
          May-07 3:11:11 PM Sonos MPTimeout pinged IPAddress = 192.XXX.X.XXX successfully
          May-07 3:11:11 PM Sonos MPTimeout called

Hope this helps

Comment

even removed the devices and let the PI find them again and has not made any difference.
            How did you remove devices? Did you delete them from the HS device management page yourself or used the delete all player button on the Sonos config page?

It all points that autonomous events are not making it to the HS PC and so far, pretty much in 100% of the cases that people reported, it has been a firewall issue when people upgrade HS or the PI version and failed to see the pop-up asking approval; assuming nothing in your network configuration was changed.

When you wrote you checked the allowance on your firewall, did you check for HS3 or for HSPI_SONOS.exe?
            You wrote you disabled the firewall, are we talking windows firewall or a 3rd party? Not sure how much I trust disabling it but at least I would disable the firewall and restart HS3 while it being disabled. Look for the pop-up windows asking you to allow the PLUGIN (not HS3) to have full access to your active Ethernet port.

Anything else special about this setup, VMs perhaps?

Dirk

Comment

How did you remove devices? Did you delete them from the HS device management page yourself or used the delete all player button on the Sonos config page?

It all points that autonomous events are not making it to the HS PC and so far, pretty much in 100% of the cases that people reported, it has been a firewall issue when people upgrade HS or the PI version and failed to see the pop-up asking approval; assuming nothing in your network configuration was changed.

When you wrote you checked the allowance on your firewall, did you check for HS3 or for HSPI_SONOS.exe?
              You wrote you disabled the firewall, are we talking windows firewall or a 3rd party? Not sure how much I trust disabling it but at least I would disable the firewall and restart HS3 while it being disabled. Look for the pop-up windows asking you to allow the PLUGIN (not HS3) to have full access to your active Ethernet port.

Anything else special about this setup, VMs perhaps?

Dirk
              I used the Delete all players inside the PI Plug-in.

It is the HSPI_SONOS.exe, here is what I show, It is controlled by my anti virus. Windows firewall is turned off by my antivirus.

Name:	Capture Sonos 3.PNG
Size:	12.8 KB
ID:	1190804

There is nothing else that is special on the system, Not sure what VM Stands for though.

Thanks, Mike

Comment

I used the Delete all players inside the PI Plug-in.

It is the HSPI_SONOS.exe, here is what I show, It is controlled by my anti virus. Windows firewall is turned off by my antivirus.

There is nothing else that is special on the system, Not sure what VM Stands for though.

Thanks, Mike
                VM stands for virtual machines.

What other PIs are running here? Does the firewall drop specific packets, ports (UDP or TCP).

What other players do you have? Are all of them not updating? All fields not updating? Maybe the first question I should have asked is which devices were not updating? I see in the attached that some have a status update of today; might be when you restarted though.

Could you post your player table ..

Comment

VM stands for virtual machines.

What other PIs are running here? Does the firewall drop specific packets, ports (UDP or TCP).

What other players do you have? Are all of them not updating? All fields not updating? Maybe the first question I should have asked is which devices were not updating? I see in the attached that some have a status update of today; might be when you restarted though.

Could you post your player table ..
                  No there are no virtual machines or any thing on the system.

Here is all the PI's I have...

Enabled Plug-Ins
                  2.0.46.0: BLBackup
                  2.0.34.0: BLSecurity
                  1.0.3.0: BLShutdown
                  2.0.22.0: BLTVGuide
                  3.0.22.33946: Blue-Iris
                  3.0.0.68: HSTouch Server
                  1.0.17123.357: MyQ
                  3.0.0.21: Sonos
                  3.0.6132.16975: UltraGCIR3
                  3.0.6265.20586: UltraWeatherWU3
                  3.0.1.87: Z-Wave

Yes it does drop specific packets, Is there any thing specific I should be looking for? Everything in there looks like it is right.

I have 2 Sonos Player 1's, No, neither one of them update. Certain fields will randomly update at times. But they are very random and may do it within a few minutes to a few hours to a few days.

Here is my player table

Name:	Capture Sonos 4.jpg
Size:	42.6 KB
ID:	1190807

Comment

No there are no virtual machines or any thing on the system.

Here is all the PI's I have...

Enabled Plug-Ins
                    2.0.46.0: BLBackup
                    2.0.34.0: BLSecurity
                    1.0.3.0: BLShutdown
                    2.0.22.0: BLTVGuide
                    3.0.22.33946: Blue-Iris
                    3.0.0.68: HSTouch Server
                    1.0.17123.357: MyQ
                    3.0.0.21: Sonos
                    3.0.6132.16975: UltraGCIR3
                    3.0.6265.20586: UltraWeatherWU3
                    3.0.1.87: Z-Wave

Yes it does drop specific packets, Is there any thing specific I should be looking for? Everything in there looks like it is right.

I have 2 Sonos Player 1's, No, neither one of them update. Certain fields will randomly update at times. But they are very random and may do it within a few minutes to a few hours to a few days.

Here is my player table

[ATTACH]61065[/ATTACH]
                    Actually your version still used the Windows UPNP subsystem, so in your firewall you would allow UPNP and SSDP (port 1900)

Dirk

Comment

Actually your version still used the Windows UPNP subsystem, so in your firewall you would allow UPNP and SSDP (port 1900)

Dirk
                      In my firewall there was a rule allowing UPNP and SSDP(port1900), So I decided to go through and disabling all the rules in there that blocked traffic one at a time. I came across the last rule that blocked traffic, Here is the rule...Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture Sonos 5.PNG
Size:	5.7 KB
ID:	1190811... When I disabled it everything started working. I don't know how or why that rule was added unless my Antivirus updated and added it and I didn't know it. But it is all updating now. I am going to play with it today to see if it pulls up and saves my radio stations, That is the only thing I am not sure of yet.

Thank you very much for your assistance. Would have never figured this out without your help.

Thanks,
                      Mike

Comment

Working...
                      X