Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plug-In "Release Info" Redirection Issue

If one goes to:

Plug-Ins>Manage>Additional Interfaces>[Various Groupings]>[Various Plugins]>Release Info

.... why does "Release Info" link back to http://[hostmachineort]/interfaces instead of the actual release information?

Is this just a problem on my machine or on other machines as well?
    HomeSeer Version: HS4 Pro Edition 4.2.19.0 (Windows - Running as a Service)
    Home Assistant 2024.3
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 11 Pro - Desktop
    Z-Wave Devices via two Z-Net G3s
    Zigbee Devices via RaspBee on RPi 3b+
    WiFi Devices via Internal Router.

Enabled Plug-Ins
    AK GoogleCalendar 4.0.4.16,AK HomeAssistant 4.0.1.23,AK SmartDevice 4.0.5.1,AK Weather 4.0.5.181,AmbientWeather 3.0.1.9,Big6 3.44.0.0,BLBackup 2.0.64.0,BLGData 3.0.55.0,BLLock 3.0.39.0,BLUPS 2.0.26.0,Device History 4.5.1.1,EasyTrigger 3.0.0.76,Harmony Hub 4.0.14.0,HSBuddy 4.51.303.0,JowiHue 4.1.4.0,LG ThinQ 4.0.26.0,ONVIF Events 1.0.0.5,SDJ-Health 3.1.1.9,TPLinkSmartHome4 2022.12.30.0,UltraCID3 3.0.6681.34300,Z-Wave 4.1.3.0

It's a bug - I let Rich know https://forums.homeseer.com/showpost...9&postcount=80

It only seems to be for plugins that use the new plugin management system, anything old that is hosted by individual developers still seems to be OK.

Comment

Thanks! I'm relieved to know it isn't just me.

That was over 2 months ago. One wonders if it isn't that big a deal to HS or if it was that difficult a fix. It certainly affects all users and many PI authors. I dunno......
      HomeSeer Version: HS4 Pro Edition 4.2.19.0 (Windows - Running as a Service)
      Home Assistant 2024.3
      Operating System: Microsoft Windows 11 Pro - Desktop
      Z-Wave Devices via two Z-Net G3s
      Zigbee Devices via RaspBee on RPi 3b+
      WiFi Devices via Internal Router.

Enabled Plug-Ins
      AK GoogleCalendar 4.0.4.16,AK HomeAssistant 4.0.1.23,AK SmartDevice 4.0.5.1,AK Weather 4.0.5.181,AmbientWeather 3.0.1.9,Big6 3.44.0.0,BLBackup 2.0.64.0,BLGData 3.0.55.0,BLLock 3.0.39.0,BLUPS 2.0.26.0,Device History 4.5.1.1,EasyTrigger 3.0.0.76,Harmony Hub 4.0.14.0,HSBuddy 4.51.303.0,JowiHue 4.1.4.0,LG ThinQ 4.0.26.0,ONVIF Events 1.0.0.5,SDJ-Health 3.1.1.9,TPLinkSmartHome4 2022.12.30.0,UltraCID3 3.0.6681.34300,Z-Wave 4.1.3.0

Comment

Originally posted by ewkearns View Post
        Thanks! I'm relieved to know it isn't just me.

That was over 2 months ago. One wonders if it isn't that big a deal to HS or if it was that difficult a fix. It certainly affects all users and many PI authors. I dunno......
        It is annoying... but not a show stopper of functionality. So I think it's been pushed to the bottom of the HST fix list.

Comment

This is still a problem for me too. I may have purchased several plugins if I was able to access the info.

Comment

The only way I've found that allows access to release info is to install the plug-in as a trial and hope the author has included the features in the included documentation. I do find it moderately annoying for plug-in updates, though. I have to update to find out if I want to update.
            Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
            HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Michael View Post
              The only way I've found that allows access to release info is to install the plug-in as a trial and hope the author has included the features in the included documentation. I do find it moderately annoying for plug-in updates, though. I have to update to find out if I want to update.
              I need to add a help/info section to my plugins. Thanks for reminding me.

However I do try to keep the forum section with release notes updated and provide documentation in that manner. It seems most plugin authors do it this way more so than relying on the release notes in the updater.

Comment

Personally here always look at the PI forum for info then also look at the updater notes.

Just looked at a few updater notes under the manager beta section.

Tried a few just now in the updater beta section and they all point back to here or the manager section of my HS3 web gui.
                - Pete

Auto mator
                Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
                Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
                HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
                HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Originally posted by ewkearns View Post
                  .... why does "Release Info" link back to http://[hostmachineort]/interfaces instead of the actual release information?
                  This has been a problem for awhile. The issue is that there is a field in the updater control file (field #15) that is supposed to contain a link to the release info. Instead this field is blank, which results in a link back to the same page.

At this time, 209 of 268 entries have blank release info. A few weeks ago it was around half, so it seems to be getting worse.

Comment

Originally posted by zwolfpack View Post
                    ...At this time, 209 of 268 entries have blank release info. A few weeks ago it was around half, so it seems to be getting worse.
                    I think it is because the plugins are slowly migrating to the HomeSeer hosted service rather than self hosting as before. I think the eventual aim being that all of them are hosted by HS.

It's a bit frustrating because it is more than likely a relatively quick fix!

Comment

All of the plugin installers are now served from the homeseer.com server. They completed the move a couple of weeks ago. As you said, perhaps the release info links got lost in the shuffle!

Comment

Working...
                      X