What is best way to detect event stopping by computer reboot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cowinger View Post
    As far as the 20 minute thing. This a a pic of the choices I have.
    Have you ever tested or do you know if you set a zone to run for 20 minutes, does it turn off after 20 minutes without needing to be commanded to do so?
    HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post
      Have you ever tested or do you know if you set a zone to run for 20 minutes, does it turn off after 20 minutes without needing to be commanded to do so?
      Yes it does shut off after the time you select. I have tried that. But as you know I cannot water places for that long so that is why I use the wait. Will it work OK if it is set up that way?

Randy, thank you so much. You are a gentleman and a scholar, and very patient! I have learned a lot. I hope there is someone else out there that can use this also.
      Last edited by cowinger; July 15, 2018, 09:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by cowinger View Post
        Yes it does shut off after the time you select. I have tried that. But as you know I cannot water places for that long so that is why I use the wait. Will it work OK if it is set up that way?

Randy, thank you so much. You are a gentleman and a scholar, and very patient! I have learned a lot. I hope there is someone else out there that can use this also.
        That is actually good. Keep doing it your way, turn the zone on for more time than you want it to, then turn it off after a period of time, set by each zone's "wait" action. The "Wait" will determine how long the zone actually waters and will make the events run in a tight sequence. Set the initial On time for just enough to cover the desired time. For a 14 minute watering time set it to 20 minutes and stop it at 14. For 6 minutes set it initially at 10 then stop it at 6.

The reason it is good that the zone shuts off after the time you set in the On action is that it will protect you from over watering if HomeSeer goes down or your Z-Wave communication fails. It is very unlikely either would happen, but it is good to have a fail safe.
        Last edited by randy; July 16, 2018, 01:05 PM.
        HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Working...
        X