Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Handling Received SMS

Hi,
    Is there a way to re-use the contents of a received SMS in events. For instance, I want to send a SMS for a balance and wanted to create an event to transfer that received SMS to say email or HS Speak.

Sure, the received SMS is placed in the device string of one of the status devices SMS-Message, you could use the replacement variable syntax to insert that string into another event.

For instance, you could run:

hs.speak("$$DSR:ref:",True);

Where "ref" is the device reference of the SMS-Message device (look at the device config page to get the reference number)

Let me know if this makes sense?
    Author of Highpeak Plugins | SMS-Gateway Plugin | Blue Iris Plugin | Paradox (Beta) Plugin | Modbus Plugin | Yamaha Plugin

Comment

Originally posted by beerygaz View Post
      Sure, the received SMS is placed in the device string of one of the status devices SMS-Message, you could use the replacement variable syntax to insert that string into another event.

For instance, you could run:

hs.speak("$$DSR:ref:",True);

Where "ref" is the device reference of the SMS-Message device (look at the device config page to get the reference number)

Let me know if this makes sense?
      Sure does! Didnt think Thank you.

I get the impression others are relying on internet SMS gateways for this type of application. To me SMS would be used for important\critical\security notification. Not sure I would rely on internet for that.

Comment

Handling Received SMS

I live in South Africa where Internet connectivity can be unreliable and there are no real consumer SMS gateway services. I already have a GSM device for outbound calls so thought it made sense to make use of the SMS capabilities too. I use mine for alarm events and notifications that the Internet is down.
        Author of Highpeak Plugins | SMS-Gateway Plugin | Blue Iris Plugin | Paradox (Beta) Plugin | Modbus Plugin | Yamaha Plugin

Comment

Working...
        X