Recurring Log entry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Recurring Log entry

This entry keeps appearing in the log every 5 minutes - what does it mean & what do I do to stop it?

Sep-25 06:39:35 SMS-Gateway Error Error in storage retrieval

Cheers
    Scott

Hi Scott. Firstly, are you running the lTest version from the updater? 3.1.xxx

Secondly, can you tell me what modem/phone you're connecting the plugin to?

In essence, the plugin tries to check the phone/SIM memory to see if it's full and if so, can clear it out. Is can happen if you receive a lot of messages while the plugin is not running or is a lot of outbound messages fail.

What it looks like is that the plugin is failing to retrieve that data from your device. As every device responds slightly differently to the command to retrieve is data I may need to make some tweaks to support your specific device.

So, firstly confirm you're on the latest version, of you are or if the error persists after the upgrade, please go to the config page of the plugin, enable trace logging and log to file. Restart the plugin and wait for the error to show up, then post or e-mail the two log files in the \Logs folder (both start with HSPI_SMSGW...)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Author of Highpeak Plugins | SMS-Gateway Plugin | Blue Iris Plugin | Paradox (Beta) Plugin | Modbus Plugin | Yamaha Plugin

Comment

I'm running version 3.1.0.18694 of the plug-in and the modem is a Generic GSM Modem with Wavecom Q2303A Module.
      The one I bought is here http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I'll enable logging and let it run for a while.

Cheers
      Scott

Comment

OK, here are the logs....

Cheers
        Scott
        Attached Files

Comment

Scott, this is a bug on my side, I'll get on it ASAP and get a new version into the updater to manage it.
          Author of Highpeak Plugins | SMS-Gateway Plugin | Blue Iris Plugin | Paradox (Beta) Plugin | Modbus Plugin | Yamaha Plugin

Comment

Originally posted by beerygaz View Post
            Scott, this is a bug on my side, I'll get on it ASAP and get a new version into the updater to manage it.
            Coolio

It doesn't look like it's affecting anything, so I'll ignore it for now.

Thank you for getting on to it so quick

Cheers
            Scott

Comment

Scott, there's a new version in the updater, I'm not sure it will completely solve your problem, but it will help me narrow down where the issue lies as there is some more debug information. If you can repeat the exercise with trace logging enabled and send me the HSPI_SMS.LOG file from \Logs it would help.

Gavin

Comment

Scott, there's a new version in the updater, I'm not sure it will completely solve your problem, but it will help me narrow down where the issue lies as there is some more debug information. If you can repeat the exercise with trace logging enabled and send me the HSPI_SMS.LOG file from \Logs it would help.

Gavin
                Hi Gavin
                I have installed it & will send you the logs tomorrow

Cheers
                Scott

Comment

Overnight logs ....
                  Attached Files

Comment

As I thought. Most devices return Read/Write/Receive memory status but the Wavecom only sends Read/Write memory status information. I've handled the error more elegantly and it should no longer pollute your log files. The new version is in the updater 3.1.1.17367

Comment

As I thought. Most devices return Read/Write/Receive memory status but the Wavecom only sends Read/Write memory status information. I've handled the error more elegantly and it should no longer pollute your log files. The new version is in the updater 3.1.1.17367
                      Cheers Gavin. I'll install the update today & confirm it's all OK

Cheers
                      Scott

Comment

Originally posted by ScottRennie View Post
                        Cheers Gavin. I'll install the update today & confirm it's all OK

Cheers
                        Scott
                        All fine now - no errors reported.

Thank you for doing that so quickly - I'll go buy it now!!

One final question

Whats the format of sending an SMS from a VB script?

Scott

Comment

Scott, check the help file. There are two methods you can call and both are documented there. Look up hs.pluginfunction in the scripting help too.

Let me know if you need more detail.

Comment

Ah the hs.pluginfunction is probably the bit it didn't get when I was looking at the docs.

Cheers Gavin

Comment

Try
                              hs.PluginFunction("SMS-Gateway", "", "SendSMS", {"<phone no>", "<message>"})
                              or
                              hs.PluginFunction("SMS-Gateway", "", "SendSMSEx", {"<phone no>", "<message>",false,true})

The first will just send a regular SMS, the second function give you a bit more functionality (the second two boolean parameters are for extended character set and "Flash" message).

Comment

Working...
                              X