• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GoControl's WA00Z-1 Wireless light switch questions

Hello all,

i saw yesterday Homeseer's email about the GoControl's WA00Z-1:
    http://store.homeseer.com/store/GoCo...0612-156854025

to be honest this is exactly what i have have been looking for. but i have some questions as to how it works.

does it use associations or scenes or some other thing?

is there anyway to power these without using batteries?

thanks
    Raptor
    HS3 Pro on Windows 8 64bit
    53 Z-wave nodes(46 devices, 7 remotes), 15 DS10a's, 10 ms16a's, 9 Oregon Sensors, W800, RFXCOMtrx433, Way2Call, 3 HSTouch Clients, 2xRussound CAS44, Global Cache GC100-12,10 Rollertrol blinds(+ zwave) ,3 Squeezebox Radios and 1 Squeezebox Boom,DMX Arduino via ethernet,Rain8Net,3x Echo Dot's

Check out my electronics blog here:
    https://www.facebook.com/RaptorsIrrationalInventions

It looks like it uses 2 CR2032's for the batteries, so you would likely have to do some soldering to provide some power.

What are your thoughts on using it hard-wired? Are you not wanting to replace batteries every so often?

BTW, love your FB page - I think I followed it a while back - neat stuff!
    HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
    54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
    Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Originally posted by rmasonjr View Post
      It looks like it uses 2 CR2032's for the batteries, so you would likely have to do some soldering to provide some power.

What are your thoughts on using it hard-wired? Are you not wanting to replace batteries every so often?
      Basically yea, i have so many devices that need batteries now that its just crazy.

Honestly what i want is something that can install in a wall box and be mains powered to trigger other devices. but this also has the advantage of being able to be placed anywhere.

Originally posted by rmasonjr View Post
      BTW, love your FB page - I think I followed it a while back - neat stuff!
      thanks its been a fun hobby! i hope to do more homeseer related stuff on there too going forward.
      53 Z-wave nodes(46 devices, 7 remotes), 15 DS10a's, 10 ms16a's, 9 Oregon Sensors, W800, RFXCOMtrx433, Way2Call, 3 HSTouch Clients, 2xRussound CAS44, Global Cache GC100-12,10 Rollertrol blinds(+ zwave) ,3 Squeezebox Radios and 1 Squeezebox Boom,DMX Arduino via ethernet,Rain8Net,3x Echo Dot's

Comment

so i found the manual:
        http://board.homeseer.com/newreply.p...te=1&p=1231012

Comment

I installed one in my home last night. Button 1 is for scene 1. Button 2 is for scene 2. Between those, here are the possible triggers:
          • Scene 1 pressed
          • Scene 1 held
          • Scene 1 released
          • Scene 2 pressed
          • Scene 2 held
          • Scene 2 released

I'm controlling 2 different things with these buttons.
          • Thing 1 is turned on when Scene 1 is pressed and turned off when Scene 2 is pressed.
          • Thing 2 is turned on when Scene 1 is held and turned off when Scene 2 is held.

I'm not sure how the "released" triggers would be helpful unless you could somehow configure this controller to work like a volume control. Then, while your holding down a button, a specific event could be raising the volume of something (recurring event?) and then when you release it, the recurring event stops. Possible I think...

EDIT: we added new status icons too. You'll need to get a new build of HS3 and beta version of the Z-Wave plug-in. Here's what they look like:
          Attached Files
          💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Dimming?

HS3 : HSpro (3.0.0.460) on Win2012 (vm on ESXi)
            Plugins: HSTouch, UPBSpud, Kinect, Nest, IFTTT, DirecTV, EasyTrigger, Imperihome, Zwave, RFXcom, UltraMon3, UltraWeatherBug3, UltraGCIR3, UltraLog3, UltraPioneer, PHLocation, Pushover, Pushalot, MCSSPrinklers S, JowiHue
            Jon00 Plugins: Bluetooth Proximity, Performance Monitor, DB Chart, Links

Comment

Originally posted by jlrichar View Post
              Dimming?
              Can you be a bit more specific with your question?

Comment

Is it possible to setup an event that when "scene 1 pressed" is activated, a device dim level is incremented until "scene 1 released" is activated?

HS3 : HSpro (3.0.0.460) on Win2012 (vm on ESXi)
                Plugins: HSTouch, UPBSpud, Kinect, Nest, IFTTT, DirecTV, EasyTrigger, Imperihome, Zwave, RFXcom, UltraMon3, UltraWeatherBug3, UltraGCIR3, UltraLog3, UltraPioneer, PHLocation, Pushover, Pushalot, MCSSPrinklers S, JowiHue
                Jon00 Plugins: Bluetooth Proximity, Performance Monitor, DB Chart, Links

Comment

Is it possible to setup an event that when "scene 1 pressed" is activated, a device dim level is incremented until "scene 1 released" is activated?
                  I hate to say it requires a script, but it probably can be done with a script.

Comment

I noticed HST selling and supporting this, but not some other devices (the multiple scene controller from REmotec comes to mind). Is there any rhyme or reason as to what devices HST decides to sell and support? Is this just up to Rich? Any chance the community can "vote"?

Comment

Originally posted by mikedr View Post
                      I noticed HST selling and supporting this, but not some other devices (the multiple scene controller from REmotec comes to mind). Is there any rhyme or reason as to what devices HST decides to sell and support? Is this just up to Rich? Any chance the community can "vote"?

+1

Curious if hs works with this scene controller(Enerwave ZWN-SC7) .
                      It works with the Vera line but smartestthing restricts its usage.

Sent from my iPhone
                      Tom
                      baby steps...starting again with HS3
                      HS3Pro: Z-NET & 80 Z wave Devices,
                      HSTouch: 4 Joggler (Android Kitkat), 2 iPhone, 3 iPads
                      Whole House Audio: 5 SqueezePlay Jogglers w Bose Speakers
                      In The Works: 10 Cameras Geovision, new Adecmo/Envisalink Alarm, Arduinos
                      System: XP on Fanless Mini-ITX w/ SSD

Comment

Mark, does this device also work with zwave associations?

Comment

Originally posted by mikedr View Post
                          We actually have one of these and I believe it's supported now... will have to check with Rich and get back to you.

Originally posted by TomTom View Post
                          +1

Curious if hs works with this scene controller(Enerwave ZWN-SC7) .
                          It works with the Vera line but smartestthing restricts its usage.
                          We got one of these 2 years ago and, at the time, the firmware was pretty screwed up. We sent the company a pretty long list of changes that needed to be made, but I don't think those were ever addressed. At the time, it was not Z-Wave certified... so we didn't pursue it. I just checked the company's website and I don't see a certification mark on the product listing yet. Anyone know if it's certified?

Originally posted by Raptor View Post
                          Mark, does this device also work with zwave associations?
                          Yes

Comment

FYI - if you associated the controller directly to a dimming device, then holding the buttons will dim it up or down. You'd lose the ability to launch events this way, of course...

Comment

Piece of junk in my opinion. I have the HS-DTA19+ bulb that won't associate with this button and it does not show up when trying to create scenes.

Homeseer needs to do a better job on their product purchase pages to indicate rather the device Homeseer is selling has been fully testing with HS3, rather it requires a beta version or is ready in the official release version, and other type of information so that we the consumer, who buy products from HomeSeer's website instead of Amazon, thinking that it's fully functional and straight forward to install.

I got this device thinking it was going to show up in HS3 as a simple ON/OFF switch that could have events triggered and control devices that don't need association because the status would be updated in HS3. Instead it appears to be only a scene controller with associations that are limited to what devices can actually be used with it. Not a problem if it HS3, it, and all zwave devices would get along.

On the product page "Works Nicely with All Z-Wave Light Bulbs", well HS3 tells me that the HS-DTA19+ doesn't want to play nicely with it and I bought the two from HomeSeer to put a light where I can't rewire it for ZWAVE.

Disappointed and a waste of money and time in my opinion. Should have bought a battery powered close contact switch to great a simple toggle device in HS3. Much easier and you can create your own scenes and events to create the scenes and associations that this device wants to do. Sometimes more is not always better.

PS: After trying over and over, finally the scene child showed up after several attempts after installing the BETA, which I don't like running and can hopefully create the events and control the one light, but it still doesn't change my opinion. Sometimes more is not better and this to me should have been a simple add to HS3, which it is not.
                              Last edited by cwfluke; March 11, 2016, 11:14 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X