Fibaro dimmer 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fibaro dimmer 2

I have installed a Fibaro dimmer 2, and I can turn it on and off, but I can't dimmer this module. Do I need some kind configuration in HomeSeer, to use the dimmer function?

Hope someone can help.
    Attached Files

Did you add it as a non secure device? I find with my x5 fibaro dimmers adding it as non secure yields a better result.

Comment

I don't want to hijack your thread, but just out of interest - how did you manage to include your Dimmer 2, I have tried countless times but the include process just times out every time. Tried secure and non-secure. This include problem has been reported elsewhere without any conclusion that works for me.

Comment

Originally posted by peterford View Post
        I don't want to hijack your thread, but just out of interest - how did you manage to include your Dimmer 2, I have tried countless times but the include process just times out every time. Tried secure and non-secure. This include problem has been reported elsewhere without any conclusion that works for me.
        I added about 20 of these to a new system yesterday with no problem (I also add them non-secure).

if your's isn't adding then I would guess it is either faulty or, for some reason, already included on another network. Try factory resetting it and then re-adding it again.
        Nicolai L

Comment

I've also seen they sometimes timeout building child devices when adding it, Or some sort of security error if including as a secure node. For me a exclude / include a few times until if finally adds or just a rescan fixes it for me.

The biggest problem I've had with these dimmers is the status of the switch would not be reported correctly back to HS3. Some of the dimmers I added as secure suffered this problem. Adding as non secure and only association with Group 1 fixed this for me.

From what I've read from other posts. Reset it to default. Try include / exclude a few times until it adds. Some have suggested having the controller close when including.

Comment

@peterford
            I have put HomeSeer in add note mode. This I have done under Plugin - Z-Wave -Controller management. Select Add note in the drop down menu and click start.

But I still can't dimmer the Dimmer 2, do anyone have some tips on what to do?
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by HomeNorway View Post
              @peterford
              I have put HomeSeer in add note mode. This I have done under Plugin - Z-Wave -Controller management. Select Add note in the drop down menu and click start.

But I still can't dimmer the Dimmer 2, do anyone have some tips on what to do?
              Did you see my post above: if your's isn't adding then I would guess it is either faulty or, for some reason, already included on another network. Try factory resetting it and then re-adding it again.

Also, make sure you add them as non-secure
              Nicolai L

Comment

Originally posted by NicolaiL View Post
                Did you see my post above: if your's isn't adding then I would guess it is either faulty or, for some reason, already included on another network. Try factory resetting it and then re-adding it again.

Also, make sure you add them as non-secure
                Hi NicolaiL I have tried, but did not help.
                But you just add the devices and that you could dim the light?

Comment

Hi NicolaiL I have tried, but did not help.
                  But you just add the devices and that you could dim the light?
                  Yup, worked with no problems. If you can't add it at all and you have tried factory resetting the device, then perhaps the device is faulty?
                  Nicolai L

Comment

I will try to reset it tonight. But can you see if me settings are the same as you have?

Comment

I will try to reset it tonight. But can you see if me settings are the same as you have?
                      Mine look a little different. See screenshot below.

I do believe your problems with this device is most likely because you have done a "normal" add, you must add the device non-secure (from the ZWave controller page drop down list).
                      Attached Files
                      Nicolai L

Comment

It worked add the device non-secure. Thanks.

Comment

Great. Glad you got it fixed.
                          Nicolai L

Comment

Associations greyed out

I also just added my first fibaro dimmer 2 today. Got it to work with on, off and last level on. Also work in Imperihome butIi have some truble with associations. Just started with HomeSeer som im a newbie. Have had Vera before. Do I need to change a parameter and if I do where do I change that?
                            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by kridan View Post
                              I also just added my first fibaro dimmer 2 today. Got it to work with on, off and last level on. Also work in Imperihome butIi have some truble with associations. Just started with HomeSeer som im a newbie. Have had Vera before. Do I need to change a parameter and if I do where do I change that?
                              Hello Kridan, first you need to include the dimmer 2 non secure. After you include it successfully go to your devices list and look for the dimmer 2 root device.

Click on the zwave tab and click on the associations drop down.

There you'll find all the associations with the dimmer2 (default all homeseer)

What I did is remove all associations exept association 1. ( this one sends the status of the dimmer to homeseer)

Association 3 is for the key2 if you attach a double switch to the dimmer

I hope this is helpfull.

Goodluck.

Comment

Working...
                              X