Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fibaro Door Window Sensor + DS18B20

Hi guys

I bought the fibaro door sensor for to monitor the temperature of my pool. With the DS18B20 . So far i added the sensor in homeseer and it seem to be working.

But my main problem is that it dosent talk to homeseer frequently.

I tried to change the amount of time i put 45 minutes for temps reading.

But for exemple the last update was yesterday at 23h00 and now next day its 13h. So it dosent seem to update very much.

Anybody got an idea i will put some picture of my config

thx
    Attached Files
    Last edited by francrouge; July 1, 2018, 06:31 PM. Reason: Solved

Periodic temperature reporting (parameter 52) is set to off by default. Have you tried changing the interval? https://manuals.fibaro.com/content/m...-EN-T-v2.0.pdf
    -Wade

Comment

Originally posted by cc4005 View Post
      Periodic temperature reporting (parameter 52) is set to off by default. Have you tried changing the interval? https://manuals.fibaro.com/content/m...-EN-T-v2.0.pdf
      Hi thx for the info i didn't know i could do that.

But i'm having issue to connect it to send the command.

They tell you to press 3 time to wake up the device but it dosent seem do work.

I'm gonna wait for the night maybe it will update..

I'm going to keep you updated

Comment

3 clicks of the TMP button is for inclusion. Waking the device is a different procedure. See top of p.11.
        -Wade

Comment

Originally posted by cc4005 View Post
          3 clicks of the TMP button is for inclusion. Waking the device is a different procedure. See top of p.11.

My bad I didnt read that correctly i guest.

Thx you so much i'm going to try that today.

Comment

Originally posted by francrouge View Post
            My bad I didnt read that correctly i guest.

Thx you so much i'm going to try that today.
            oh...I can help you here.. went round and around about this. Drove me nuts.
            Read final few posts here: https://forums.homeseer.com/showthre...ghlight=fibaro

:-)

Comment

Originally posted by Tomgru View Post
              Read final few posts here: https://forums.homeseer.com/showthre...ghlight=fibaro

I tried to change the parameter but i'm always getting error message.

i tried to put 2 in value size and also i put 2700 in decimal for 45 min

I tried to see if parameter number 50 was working and its giving me error message also
              Attached Files
              Last edited by francrouge; June 27, 2018, 01:51 PM.

Comment

Hi just found out whats the problem

I got the 2.5 firmware..

The option 50 seem to be in firmware 3.5

What firmware do you have ?

Comment

Originally posted by francrouge View Post
                  Hi just found out whats the problem

I got the 2.5 firmware..

The option 50 seem to be in firmware 3.5

What firmware do you have ?
                  Sorry, the device is zip tied in a waterproof sleeve and mounted in my hottub shell. will take some time this weekend to get to it.

Comment

Sorry, the device is zip tied in a waterproof sleeve and mounted in my hottub shell. will take some time this weekend to get to it.
                    Hi fibaro wrote me back so don't unzipped you're device for nothing.

Piotr Wardęcki 28 Jun 18

Hello,

Please note the version 2.5 is based on Z-wave chip 300 series and version 3.2 is Z-wave plus chip, series 500.
                    These devices have different components. It`s not just firmware edition that differs the both device.

Upgrading non Z-wave plus to version 3.2 is not possible. New firmware is not compatible with this version of Fibaro DW sensor.

I apologize for the inconvenience

Pozdrawiam / Best regards

Piotr Wardęcki
                    Technical Support Engineer

Fibar Group S.A.
                    ul. Lotnicza 1
                    60-421 Poznań
                    Poland

Email: support@fibaro.com

Comment

the solution for you're information

Piotr Wardęcki 28 Jun 18

Hello,

Yes, there is. Please go to the advanced settings of the DW sensor and find parameter 12.
                      The maximum acceptable difference between the last reported temperature and the current temperature read from the sensor.
                      If the temperatures differ by the set value or more, a report with the current temperature value is sent to the gateway.

The default value is 8 which means the temperature needs to go up/down by 0.5 degree Celsius.
                      Try value 4, that will increase the number of reports. Every change of 0.25 degree or more will be reported back to the main controller.

You can find a manual of the device here:
                      https://manuals.fibaro.com/content/m...SA-A-v1.01.pdf

Pozdrawiam / Best regards

Comment

Working...
                      X