New addition to Google Assistant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New addition to Google Assistant

There is now a way to shorten the verbiage needed to get HomeSeer to do something with GH.

Before it was "tell HomeSeer <action>" now you can create a shortcut using just a single word or short phrase such as "Hey Google, turn on computer" instead of "Hey Google, tell HomeSeer to turn on computer"..

Works with Harmony and I am sure many others as well...

Great step in the right direction.

Originally posted by jimbrandon View Post
    There is now a way to shorten the verbiage needed to get HomeSeer to do something with GH.

Before it was "tell HomeSeer <action>" now you can create a shortcut using just a single word or short phrase such as "Hey Google, turn on computer" instead of "Hey Google, tell HomeSeer to turn on computer"..

Works with Harmony and I am sure many others as well...

Great step in the right direction.
    Thanks for bringing this up JimBrandon! I just gave it a try and it works really well. It took me a few minutes to figure out how to do this, so to help others out (I use the iPhone app):

Go to Google Home app, press the three lines in the upper left hand corner, select More Settings, Scroll down and select shortcuts, press the + icon to add a short cut. I found it helpful to use the mic button instead of typing it in.

I do look forward to getting the direct integration. I have been watching all of the other home automation services get added - there are currently 31 direct integrations. Some of the new additions are surprising given we are still waiting on HomeSeer's presence. Most of these companies I have never heard of. Can we get an ETA on Homeseer's integration?

Comment

I don't see homeseer under my google assistant Home Control devices...do I need to have a google home device or any Android phone should do? Cuz here in Canada we can't purchase the Google Home mic/speaker thing yet...

Comment

That's very clever of Google. A much better solution than what Echo has. I just wish you could configure home on the web instead of the stupid phone app.
        HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition
        Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
        Processor Type and Speed: i7 - 3.26 GHz
        Total Physical Memory: 16Gig

Plugins: BlBackup | EasyTrigger | FitbitSeer | HSTouchServer | Insteon | WeatherXML

Comment

Working...
        X