Apple Homekit(Siri) integration with Homeseer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jumper4000 View Post
    I think depending on the garage opener/plugin you have, you might need to manually add additional status numbers to your json.config file. Look at this example -

{

"ref": 196,

"type": "GarageDoorOpener",

"name": "Garage",

"stateRef": 196,

"statusUpdateCount": 15,

"stateOpenValues": [

1, 100

],

"stateClosedValues": [

2, 200

],

"controlRef": 196,

"controlOpenValue": 100,

"controlCloseValue": 200

}

Notice how for "stateOpenValues" I have 1, 100 and for stateClosedValues I have 2, 200. I use the MyQ garage plugin, so those values work for me, but you can obtain yours by clicking on your device, and then click on "Status Graphics".

By the way, were you ever able to get my tool to generate your json? I used the files you sent me to fix this new version, so I don't see a reason why it wouldn't work for you.

Thanks. I don't remember seeing that stausupdatecount. What does that do? I wonder if that is why mine isn't working. I could never get your config maker to work. It would tell me which device was causing the error but wouldn't then go on to generate a file...

Comment

Originally posted by jayman13 View Post
      Thanks. I don't remember seeing that stausupdatecount. What does that do? I wonder if that is why mine isn't working. I could never get your config maker to work. It would tell me which device was causing the error but wouldn't then go on to generate a file...
      I believe that makes it keep checking every second for 15 seconds to see if the garage has closed/opened.

If u want PM me your files again and I'll see why it doesn't generate, but it worked last time I tried ur files.

Comment

See if my solution here will work for you - https://forums.homeseer.com/showpost...&postcount=768

Maybe I'll make a new thread, so people can find it easier.
        Thanks, I'll check it out.

Nice thing about a new thread is you can keep editing the your first post as a place to keep the latest information. Then one never has to search the thread to find the current information. In addition you can keep links in the first thread point into the body of the thread for each revision change so release notes and other information can be easily found. I've done this myself as have others on other boards I frequent. It works great.
        HomeSeer Version: HS3 Standard Edition 3.0.0.548
        Linux version: Linux auto 4.15.0-72-generic #81-Ubuntu SMP Tue Nov 26 12:20:02 UTC 2019 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
        Number of Devices: 484 | Number of Events: 776

Enabled Plug-Ins: 3.0.0.13: AirplaySpeak | 2.0.61.0: BLBackup
        3.0.0.70: EasyTrigger | 1.3.7006.42100: LiftMaster MyQ
        4.2.3.0: mcsMQTT | 3.0.0.53: PHLocation2 | 0.0.0.47: Pushover 3P
        3.0.0.16: RaspberryIO | 3.0.1.262: Z-Wave

Z-Net version: 1.0.23 for Inclusion Nodes
        SmartStick+: 6.04 (ZDK 6.81.3) on Server

Comment

Hi, yeah, I just finished making a new version. This one is kinda like two applications in one -

The First piece -
          - Will automatically generate the config.json file.
          - This new version has an Advanced option, where you can customize the strings and values, and decide which type of devices it should query (I'll be adding more device types soon). I have numerous Z-Wave devices by different vendors, and it works with all of them, but for non-zwave devices, you might have tweak the strings and values a bit.
          - I've also added a lot of error correction and error catching, so hopefully if something goes wrong, it will tell us what happened.
          - Once you have the correct JSon file, you can copy/paste it into your own setup.

The second piece -
          - It comes with a companion Raspberry Pi Image that's already FULLY configured. It already has the latest version of everything, and it's shrunk to fit on a SD Card as small as 2GB (compressed image is only 279MB).
          - HomeBridge will automatically start when it boots, and it's designed so you don't even need a monitor & keyboard for it.
          - The goal is for the Windows app is to fully control the Rapsberry Pi image -
          - It can upload the config file to your RPi
          - It can reset your RPi HomeBridge if need be
          - And there's a button there called, "First Boot", which will automatically expand the image to fill the entire SD card (I will be adding more features to this. For example, for it to upgrade and update all the packages automatically).

Please let me know if you guys notice any issues with it (I'm sure there are bugs). Hopefully, I can make this so easy, that people will have HomeKit up and running within minutes.

Here's the Windows App (just download and extract) -
          https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3...ThDbTRsOHJRRjg

Here's the RPi Image (extract with WinRAR - http://www.rarlab.com/download.htm, and burn with Win32 Disk Imager - https://sourceforge.net/projects/win32diskimager/ )
          https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3...WlVc054QmZZNFk

If this is useful, I will continue to improve it till somebody makes a native plugin again, or comes up with an easier way to get HomeKit going (oh, and I have absolutely no intention of ever charging for it).
          Two questions

I assume that the windows app is the one that creates the son file. I guess that means that I'll have to switch to my windows 7 bootcamp since I'm normally running OSx but I can live with it. Hopefully it's not needed a lot.

Second will the RPi image run on the original RPi model B or must it use a RPi model B+ or RPi 2 model B? I have a RPi model B laying around and would like to put to good use.
          Linux version: Linux auto 4.15.0-72-generic #81-Ubuntu SMP Tue Nov 26 12:20:02 UTC 2019 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

Comment

I believe that makes it keep checking every second for 15 seconds to see if the garage has closed/opened.

If u want PM me your files again and I'll see why it doesn't generate, but it worked last time I tried ur files.

I take that back. Once I fixed said devices it generates. Thanks. I have too many devices included though. I don't know if other people would want this feature, but I'd like an option to go through each device one-by-one so you could edit it, not include it, etc...

Comment

Originally posted by jayman13 View Post
              I take that back. Once I fixed said devices it generates. Thanks. I have too many devices included though. I don't know if other people would want this feature, but I'd like an option to go through each device one-by-one so you could edit it, not include it, etc...
              It'll be quite a bit of work to add that feature, but you can just grow through the json file and pretty easily remove the devices you don't need.

One thing I can do though, is to add an option to only query devices that have the "Voice command" option set in HomeSeer. I believe that's how Amazon's Alexa queries devices too. Would that be helpful?

Comment

It'll be quite a bit of work to add that feature, but you can just grow through the json file and pretty easily remove the devices you don't need.

One thing I can do though, is to add an option to only query devices that have the "Voice command" option set in HomeSeer. I believe that's how Amazon's Alexa queries devices too. Would that be helpful?

Yes, that would be very helpful. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Timon View Post
                  Two questions

I assume that the windows app is the one that creates the son file. I guess that means that I'll have to switch to my windows 7 bootcamp since I'm normally running OSx but I can live with it. Hopefully it's not needed a lot.

Second will the RPi image run on the original RPi model B or must it use a RPi model B+ or RPi 2 model B? I have a RPi model B laying around and would like to put to good use.
                  Yeah, it's only a Windows app. Once you generate your json file and everything starts working properly, you won't need the Windows app anymore.

I've only tested it with RPi 3 Model B. I'm not really sure if it works with anything else. If I were to guess, I'd say, it'll work, but not sure... Extracting and burning the image shouldn't take more than 5 minutes, so if u can give it a try it and let us know, it'll be great.

Oh, and yeah, I'll start a new thread soon.

Comment

Code:
                    { 
                                  "ref":191,                   
                                  "type":"Thermostat",         
                                  "name":"Température",     
                                  "temperatureUnit":"C",         
                                  "setPointRef":193,             
                                  "setPointReadOnly":true,        
                                  "stateRef":195,               
                                  "stateOffValues":[0,4,5],   
                                  "stateHeatValues":[1],           
                                  "stateCoolValues":[2],         
                                  "stateAutoValues":[3],          
                                  "controlRef":195,              
                                  "controlOffValue":0,            
                                  "controlHeatValue":1,           
                                  "controlCoolValue":2,           
                                  "controlAutoValue":3,           
                                  "coolingThresholdRef":169,      
                                  "heatingThresholdRef":170
                                }
                    Is there a place where I could find examples configs for different devices types?

Thank you.

Comment

With the latest Homekit news from WWDC what are the chances we'll be seeing a native Homekit plugin that doesn't rely on Homebridge?

https://mobile.twitter.com/yas375/status/872492582831480832

Comment

Yeah, it's only a Windows app. Once you generate your json file and everything starts working properly, you won't need the Windows app anymore.

I've only tested it with RPi 3 Model B. I'm not really sure if it works with anything else. If I were to guess, I'd say, it'll work, but not sure... Extracting and burning the image shouldn't take more than 5 minutes, so if u can give it a try it and let us know, it'll be great.

Oh, and yeah, I'll start a new thread soon.
                        Well, things didn't go so well. Tried my Raspberry Pi 1 B and had problems so I bit the bullet and got a Pi 3 B. That said and for reference I'm having the exact same issues. Oh, I'm running Windows 7 with up to date patches.

So here is what happen with either the old Pi B or the newer Pi 3 B.

Transferred the image to the SD card and booted the Pi.

The Pi does boot and I'm able to SSH into it without any issues.

Started up the Conifg Maker.

Entered the IP address of my Zee S2

Entered the username and password of my Zee S2

Clicked the First Boot button and got an error which is quoted below.

Update to this issue (Just for grins I clicked on Generate Config and got a message that said "couldn't find any Non Dimmable Lights/Switches with this Device Type String: Z-Wave Switch Multilevel".) It seems that although the field "Device Type Strings" looked the same as the field in HS3 there must have been something different like a space or a hidden character. I copied the string from HS3 and pasted into the Config Makes and now it finds the lights. So this problem is solved.

The problem accessing the Pi was fixed by using the IP address. Windows 7 must not be doing a local lookup like the Mac and I believe Windows 8 and 10 can since I can do a ssh pi@RaspberryPiHB.local from the Mac.

Not sure where to go from here.

See the end of this message for details on invoking
                        just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.
                        ************** Exception Text **************
                        System.Net.Sockets.SocketException (0x80004005): The requested name is valid, but no data of the requested type was found
                        at System.Net.Dns.GetAddrInfo(String name)
                        at System.Net.Dns.InternalGetHostByName(String hostName, Boolean includeIPv6)
                        at System.Net.Dns.GetHostAddresses(String hostNameOrAddress)
                        at Renci.SshNet.Session.SocketConnect(String host, Int32 port)
                        at Renci.SshNet.Session.Connect()
                        at Renci.SshNet.BaseClient.Connect()
                        at HomeBridgeConfigMaker.Form1.btnFirstBoot_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
                        at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
                        at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
                        at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
                        at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
                        at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
                        at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
                        at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
                        at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(M essage& m)
                        at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Mes sage& m)
                        at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
                        mscorlib
                        Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
                        Win32 Version: 4.6.1099.0 built by: NETFXREL4STAGE
                        CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Fra...9/mscorlib.dll
                        ----------------------------------------
                        HomeBridge Config Maker
                        Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
                        Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
                        CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Hostmaster/Desktop/...ig%20Maker.exe
                        System.Windows.Forms
                        CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/ass...dows.Forms.dll
                        System
                        CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/ass...089/System.dll
                        System.Drawing
                        CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/ass...em.Drawing.dll
                        Renci.SshNet
                        Assembly Version: 2016.0.0.0
                        Win32 Version: 2016.0.0
                        CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Hostmaster/Desktop/...nci.SshNet.DLL
                        System.Core
                        CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/ass...ystem.Core.dll
                        System.Configuration
                        CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/ass...figuration.dll
                        System.Xml
                        CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/ass...System.Xml.dll
                        Accessibility
                        CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/ass...essibility.dll
                        Newtonsoft.Json
                        Assembly Version: 10.0.0.0
                        Win32 Version: 10.0.2.20802
                        CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Hostmaster/Desktop/...nsoft.Json.DLL
                        Microsoft.CSharp
                        Win32 Version: 4.6.1099.0
                        CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/ass...oft.CSharp.dll
                        System.Numerics
                        CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/ass...m.Numerics.dll
                        System.Dynamic
                        Win32 Version: 4.6.1099.0
                        CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/ass...em.Dynamic.dll
                        Anonymously Hosted DynamicMethods Assembly
                        Assembly Version: 0.0.0.0
                        CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/ass...9/mscorlib.dll
                        ************** JIT Debugging **************
                        To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
                        application or computer (machine.config) must have the
                        jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
                        The application must also be compiled with debugging
                        enabled.
                        For example:
                        <configuration>
                        <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
                        </configuration>
                        When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
                        will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
                        rather than be handled by this dialog box.

Last edited by Timon; June 10, 2017, 10:51 AM. Reason: Found the problems after getting some sleep

Comment

All is well and homebridge is working and looking good.

The issues I see are:

• No ability to trigger scenes on HS3.
                          • Not picking up Rooms and Floors.
                          • Need for additional lights images (only 4, come on Apple)

Now some of this may be Apple issues and some are Homebridge but either way I figure they will work themselves out over time.

Now if there was only a HomePod Nano to replace the need for an Echo Dot.

Comment

Originally posted by Timon View Post
                            All is well and homebridge is working and looking good.

The issues I see are:

• No ability to trigger scenes on HS3.
                            • Not picking up Rooms and Floors.
                            • Need for additional lights images (only 4, come on Apple)

Now some of this may be Apple issues and some are Homebridge but either way I figure they will work themselves out over time.

Now if there was only a HomePod Nano to replace the need for an Echo Dot.
                            - I haven't added scenes to my tool yet, but u can manually edit the JSon file to add scenes
                            - As far as I know there's no automated way to add rooms/floors. It'd be great if there was. I had to add all of mine manually.
                            - Lack of additional images could be a limitation of Apple Home. I haven't tried anything else, but other apps could have better graphics.

Comment

- I haven't added scenes to my tool yet, but u can manually edit the JSon file to add scenes
                              - As far as I know there's no automated way to add rooms/floors. It'd be great if there was. I had to add all of mine manually.
                              - Lack of additional images could be a limitation of Apple Home. I haven't tried anything else, but other apps could have better graphics.
                              I was planning to go through the apple docs and see what else is in the json files but haven't got around to it yet.

After playing with the program I figured you could modify the base file you create then paste it into the window. If I do that on my Mac I can use BBEdit which is a great structure editing program. It works for many languages and shell scripts I just don't know if it understands json files but I'll find out shortly.

Still until Apple decides to bring out HomePod light, or I decide to mount an iPad on the wall, the Echo Dot is going to be hard to beat.

Comment

So I recently had to do a system restore on my hometroller and I unfortunately could not back up anything.

Before I did a restore awhile back I downloaded a home bridge plugin that allowed me to see my Homeseer devices in HomeKit. I no longer see this plugin and I used to have it. Does it no longer exist? I have been trying to read through this forum and it seems so much harder than what I had done several months back. I have a windows based hometroller. What do I have to do??

Comment

Working...
                                X