Latest USB Interface Drivers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Latest USB Interface Drivers

There are newer drivers available for the USB Z-Wave interface. Instuctions on installing are below. While we have installed and tested these drivers, we do no have any confirmation that they help with any issues. If you install these and they fix a problem, please let us know.

You can download the 1.6.20 Z-Wave USB drivers from here:
    ftp://ftp.homeseer.com/pub/zwave_usb_1_6_20.zip
    To install:
    Unzip the archive to a folder
    Right click on My Computer and select Properties, then the Hardware tab
    Click the Device Manager button
    Expand Universal Serial Bus Controllers
    Right click on HomeSeer Z-Wave USB Interface then select Update Driver
    Point the wizard to the folder with the new drivers and they will be installed.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

How do you tell what version of the drivers you currently have installed?
    Over The Hill
    What Hill?
    Where?
    When?
    I Don't Remember Any Hill

Virtualized Server 2k3 Ent X86 Guest on VMWare ESXi 4.1 with 3 SunRay thin clients as access points - HSPro 2.4.0.48 - ZTroller - ACRF2 (3 WGL 800's) - iAutomate RFID - Ledam - MLHSPlugin - Ultra1wire - RainRelay8 - TI103 - Ultramon - WAF-AB8SS - jvESS (11 zones) - Bitwise Controls BC4 - with 745 Total Devices - 550 Events - 104 scripts - 78 ZWave devices - 42 X10 devices - 76 DS10a's 3 RFXSenors and 32 Motion Sensors

Comment

To see what version you are using goto the Device Manager, expand "Universal Serial Bus Controllers" and look for "HomeSeer Z-Wave Computer Interface". Right click it, select "Properties", and then click on the "Driver" tab to see the driver date and version number.

Comment

I just ordered the new zwave stick (intermatic) and I was wondering if these drivers will be used with that unit or are they different.

Thanks

Comment

sonypoolplr:

They are different. There is a thread here that has the driver in it. Just do a search on Intermatic in this forum.

- Mike

Comment

Originally posted by sonypoolplr
            I just ordered the new zwave stick (Intermatic) and I was wondering if these drivers will be used with that unit or are they different.

Thanks
            The Intermatic "Stick" drivers are available in the HomeSeer Updater. Look for Intermatic HA22 Zwave USB Drivers

Comment

Thanks Mike and Rupp. I will look for them.

Comment

Z Wave

Sorry I have posted this question in the newbie thread.

I cannot get the USB interface to receive any information sent from my HA07 controller. I reset the interface and now it says no nodes and primary controller. when i click the load devices button then start the remote so it will copy HS just keeps clicking and refereshing the screen.

It just keeps doing this untill I hit the Cancel button. I turned off my antivirus pgm (Avast) just to see if it was causing havoc but still got the same thing.

I'm starting to pull put what little hair I have left ...

ALfer

Comment

I can't get my RFXCom USB device to work on my PC at the same time as my ACT Z-Wave USB device. The HS drivers are v1.6 and the RFXCom drivers are v2. I'm guessing that as ACT no longer produce this device that the chances of getting the drivers updated are zilch?! Am I correct is saying that the ACT USB interface is the only one available for the UK / EU frequency?? There's no serial interface available for us?
                  Malcolm

Comment

The ACT device uses the FTDI chip, and the drivers are simply the ones off the FTDI website, so you should be able to get the latest ones from there.

Comment

Originally posted by rjh View Post
                      The ACT device uses the FTDI chip, and the drivers are simply the ones off the FTDI website, so you should be able to get the latest ones from there.

Which is what I've done. I downloaded the latest version which works fine with th RFXCom USB device but I can't get my ACT Z-Wave device to work with it (v2).

If I go back to the version I know works with the Z-Wave device (v1.6) the RFXCOM device doesn't work.
                      Malcolm

Comment

Drivers For act device

I am having the same problem. If I install the drivers for my IRTrans device of RCXCom device I loose controll of the zwave in homeseer. In the controll panel the device says its OK.
                        Homeseer comes up with this.
                        Init/Sync) Initializing Z-Wave Interface: Cannot find USB Interface (3)
                        Really need to get this working or can any one sugest a new UK zwave controller which will work.
                        Thanks

Comment

Malcolm has got some information from FTDI how to correct the ZWave driver. Ask Malcolm (or FTDI or Homeseer) which steps you need to do to get the latest FTDI driver operational.
                          http://board.homeseer.com/showpost.p...6&postcount=17

Comment

Martin

here's what I got from FTDI support...

>>You should install the same driver version for both devices.
                            >>
                            >>If they have different VID/PID then add the identities to the one set of inf files and load the driver from those files.
                            >>
                            >>You can find your VID/PID with USBVIEW
                            http://www.ftdichip.com/Resources/Utilities/usbview.zip
                            >>
                            >>You can find instructions for adding identities to drivers in:
                            http://www.ftdichip.com/Documents/Ap...er_Options.pdf

If you drop me a PM I can give you a further update...
                            Malcolm

Comment

Thanks Malcolm I think I will need futher instruction.
                              What is a PM ?

Comment

Working...
                              X