Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

spud, I think I may have figured it out. I just read your "feature" request thread and saw that you were adding support for password protected devices. My Apple TV's both are password protected. Any idea as to when that feature may be available?

Comment

Originally posted by dlover View Post
      spud, I think I may have figured it out. I just read your "feature" request thread and saw that you were adding support for password protected devices. My Apple TV's both are password protected. Any idea as to when that feature may be available?
      Could you confirm that it works if you remove the password on your devices?
      Not sure when this feature will be available (very few people have asked for it)

Comment

clicking allow fixed the issue for me

HS3 Plug-in is now working - I still need to understand how to point it a speaker - spoke a test command and it switched my stereo to airplay mode.

Comment

spud, yes, I was able to get it to work with my Apple TV's if I removed the passwords.

Comment

I have uploaded a new version of the plugin (3.0.0.0) which fixes the initialization problem (without having to unblock dll) and add some better logging mechanism.

Comment

Originally posted by dlover View Post
              password protected devices are now supported
              you need version 3.0.0.2 (attached to the first post in this thread)

Comment

version 3.0.0.3 fix a bug affecting old Airport Express (firmware <= 6.3) with password

Comment

It now be working for me... Thanks
                  just needed to add the delay after the .3 update was installed !!

AND .. I really like your new I-Tunes plug-in .. (after waiting years for the HS one to debug)

Thanks Spud !!
                  Ubuntu on the Intel NUC ( 8i5BEK ), 32 G, 250G SSD, V4 Pro 😎

Comment

Hi Spud

Hi Spud, hope you had a good holiday.

I decided to start working on HS3 a bit more seriously since it has come a long way in the last few months.

I went ahead and paid for my AirPlay speak HS3 upgrade and installed it on a new PC running win 8.1 since this is one of my favorite plug-ins.

For some reason it does not seem to be able to find my Airplay speakers. I'm still running HS2 w Airplay but assuming that is not the issue. See pic below. Do you have any ideas what might be causing this?

BTW, I loaded Bonjour and assuming this is not the problem either since Airplay would not initialize until I did.

PS. Airplay is 3.0.0.2 and HS3 is .54
                    Attached Files

Comment

could you set the log level to debug, then restart the plugin, and post your logs here.

also try to disable any AV and firewall, that may prevent the plugin to discover your Airplay devices

Comment

not sure what needs to change

Hi Spud, so when I disable Norton it works but I can't leave it that way - not sure what I need to do to allow AirPlay to work - there is a ton of stuff in norton. Helppppp....

Comment

Originally posted by norcoscia View Post
                          Hi Spud, so when I disable Norton it works but I can't leave it that way - not sure what I need to do to allow AirPlay to work - there is a ton of stuff in norton. Helppppp....
                          you need to allow HSPI_AIRPLAY_SPEAK.exe to access the network. I don't know Norton, but there is probably a place where you can define a list of programs that are trusted to use the network.
                          Last edited by spud; December 27, 2013, 08:47 AM.

Comment

Sigh

I have added all of the files below to the exception list - did I miss one?
                            Attached Files

Comment

the plugin also use Mono.Zeroconf.dll, but I thought you only had to make exceptions for exe files.

Comment

what port is being used

Hi Spud, that did not help, the norton log shows UDP activity on port 5353 being blocked - is that the port for AirPlay?

Comment

Working...
                                X