Aeon Labs Z-Wave Multisensor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aeon Labs Z-Wave Multisensor

Anybody have one of these http://store.homeseer.com/store/Aeon...-P1325C48.aspx Under device management the only thing that shows up is "Aeon Lab Battery Node" but under devices status I see: battery, motion, LUX, humidity and temperature. Shouldn't I see 5 devices for this node were I can adjust the settings for each.

On the Device Management page - are you sure you dont have a filter set or the "hide marked items" icon toggled (upper-right)?
    HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
    54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
    Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Before I added the devices I had the device management page filtered to all Z-wave but since these were diffrent types of Z-wave than I already had these devices type were not listed. Clicked show all and they appeared. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by freeon View Post
        Before I added the devices I had the device management page filtered to all Z-wave but since these were diffrent types of Z-wave than I already had these devices type were not listed. Clicked show all and they appeared. Thanks
        Cool. Let us know what you think of the multisensor. So far, its the best performing one out of the whole lot.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 4

Comment

I was debating getting one but keep seeing mixed reviews, Amazon has it at 3 stars. Is it really good?

Comment

It's the best out of the ones available from HST.

Comment

Originally posted by rmasonjr View Post
              It's the best out of the ones available from HST.
              I have to agree. I have 8 HSM100s and they have been doing just fine. The Aeotec devices seem to perform slightly better. I set 4 of them up a few weeks ago and placed all of them on a tabletop. The temperature and Humidity tracked very close on all 4. At first I thought I would prefer the motion sensitivity was adjustable, but there is something to be said in favor of being able to adjust it at the sensor. At night it is quite easy to fine tune the sensitivity while watching the LED - too bad they don't offer a test mode like a lot of motion lights.

I even stuck one inside my refrigerator and freezer to see how closely they tracked the DS18B20 OneWire devices. Not only were they spot-on, but they performed fine for a week even at 0 degrees F. I since installed the Everspring devices in the Refrigerator, freezer and chest freezer, because of their direct temperature readout LCD on the device. I was hesitant to drill hoes in my under warranty refrigerator to install the OneWire devices.
              HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post
                I even stuck one inside my refrigerator and freezer to see how closely they tracked the DS18B20 OneWire devices. Not only were they spot-on, but they performed fine for a week even at 0 degrees F. I since installed the Everspring devices in the Refrigerator, freezer and chest freezer, because of their direct temperature readout LCD on the device. I was hesitant to drill hoes in my under warranty refrigerator to install the OneWire devices.
                Glad to hear this. I have 2 Oregon sensors in my fridge/freezer now, but would like to replace them with Z-Wave.

Comment

Originally posted by rmasonjr View Post
                  Glad to hear this. I have 2 Oregon sensors in my fridge/freezer now, but would like to replace them with Z-Wave.
                  I only have two days with the Eversprings, but they are good so far. One in the freezer compartment and one in the refrigerator compartment of our kitchen refrigerator and a third in the chest freezer on our back porch. The first day I placed all three in the refrigerator to check how they tracked temperature - they were always within 1/2 degree F of one another. They are set to transmit on 1-degree temperature changes and to wake up every 12 minutes. I am still not clear on how the two interrelate, but it appears they will instantly report a change of 1 degree in temperature from the last report and will automatically report once every 12 minutes even if there is no change.

Like I said, I also like the LCD display on the Eversprings and they are backlit when you press a button. They are also programmable for notification on preset temperature or humidity levels, but I handle that with events. I also like their mounting and the fact that they use AA instead of AAA batteries - might last longer.
                  HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

I bought a HSM100 to try out before I bought anymore. It was a bit of a pain to install it but once I did, it worked fine except the temperature reading was off by about 7 degrees. So I wrote a little script to write the compensated value into a virtual device. Just as I figure all that out, they went and discontinued that model. Nuts. How accurate is the temperature reading in the Aeon?

FYI - I use the HSM100 to determine a power failure. The motion sensor as read from Homeseer turns on when power is removed so I sense that state and if after 5 minutes it's still on, and if I get no status from 2 of my Foscams that are always powered on, I determine that it's not a glitch and a power outage has indeed occurred and I get sent an e-mail every 10 minutes until the UPS dies.
                    Does the motion sensor in the Aeon behave the same way?

Comment

Working...
                    X