No announcement yet.

Apple Homekit(Siri) integration with Homeseer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Same problem here... sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't, and it's not consistant among devices...

Examples (translated from french)

From my iPhone 6:
    - "turn on the christmas tree" --> opens Safari on a tree shop url
    - "turn off the christmas tree" --> OK
    - "dim the living room" --> this dims the iPhone screen

From the Apple Watch (connected to the same iPhone 6)
    - "turn on the christmas tree" --> OK
    - "turn off the christmas tree" --> OK
    - "dim the living room" --> OK

And many times I get a SIRI message saying something like "Please wait I'm going to do it", then another message that the light or device failed to respond. If I try again, it works most of the time....

Apple really need to work seriously on this....
    --
    stipus

Comment

Originally posted by Skinnez View Post
      Are you using EVE? I fail to see how the app that controls the HomeKit database will make much difference, but it could.
      I have a handful of commands that work all the time, and I'm happy with, but some that I REALLY want to work are just a pain in the neck [emoji30]
      Yes I am using EVE. I was under the impression that the APP had no affect on Siri. I wanted to try by deleting the APP but never got around to it. I think I may have solve one of my issues. I was getting a lot of "hmm, I can't seem to get a response from your devices". I have an Iphone5 and it's really slow and have seen apps that can freeze. I got an new Ipad last night and when I got a "don't get a response" from my phone i tried the Ipad and it worked. Still need to do some testing. My other issues like you are some of the phrases that I want to work don't. It seems that some tweaking in how I say the phrase has different results. For example if I say play a game(set the scene for my PS4) Siri just looks up games on the App store. If I say turn on Playstation it works. I think what apple needs to do is allow users to program phrases in Siri that will only look in Homekit and nothing else.

Comment

Hmmmm ok, I'm not alone then. I think I'll have a go with the iPad and the Mrs's phone then. See if it's any different. I take it they are all on the latest OS.

Comment

I've the latest iPhone and the same problems, so for me it's not speed problem

Comment

when i am home, i turn off the wifi and connect to 3g to check the siri as if i am outside home.. it works ok. right now i am traveling abroad.. i wanted to check, and when i say siri turn on the light it says sorry, i wasn't able to get a response form your light at this time.. however, when i check the light status on the devices they do respond! any idea how to solve this weird thing?

Comment

Food for thought:

When asking for help please throw us a bone and provide some information in terms of how your set up is configured. Please be detail oriented so we have information. Otherwise we will not be able to help.

This works well in English using iPhone and iPad. Apple Watch is ok as long as it can connect to your iPhone via bluetooth. While I am multi lingual myself, I would suggest that you start with English, or at least try english when you encounter issues with your default language.

Also, please keep in mind that you need an AppleTV3 or AppleTV4 configured with the same AppleID than your phone when trying this outside of your local LAN/network. I believe that you also need to have enabled the Apple iCloud keychain technology using the same Apple ID. Before SIRI will properly respond, it will need to synchronize. So, give it a little time and be patient. Mine usually takes 20-30 minutes.

Stipus (and others) have done a excellent job trying to take something work that is not supposed to work, and tailor to work with HomeSeer.
              HomeSeer 2, HomeSeer 3, Allonis myServer, Amazon Alexa Dots, ELK M1G, ISY 994i, HomeKit, BlueIris, and 6 "4k" Cameras using NVR, and integration between all of these systems. Home Automation since 1980.

Comment

Hey Krumpy

thanks for your reply and trying to help.

the reason i am not detailed is i dont have the knowledge to say any more details. in fact i thought i wrote it in a detailed way!

as i mentioned.. it is already working fine with my home over wifi. it is also working over 3g in my home country.. now i traveled to munich, and i just wanted to play since i was on 3g connection and wanted to see if it would still work.. surprisingly the siri response was, Sorry, i was unable to get response from your lights at this time.. i connected to homeseer to load the devices list through myhs.homeseer.com.. and i found that when i give the command to siri the light actually responds (turns on and off).. but siri thinks it can't get response..

i have the home kit bridge installed.and i only have one philips hue bridge and i one led strip connected for test. and i have nothing in the json file yet, as i didn't move to the new house i was just trying to learn the mechanism..

sorry if there is any other detail you can ask me. i am not trying to be lazy, but this is all i know..

yes i have apple tv 4 installed and connected with the same apple id as you mentioned..

i haven't said anything wrong about Stipus, i am not sure why you mentioned him, as if i am trying to complain of his work

Comment

That explains it. You need to go over to the Hofbrauhaus and feed Siri some beer. Then follow that up with a Bretzen and some Weiss Wurst!

All kidding aside, I have had problems like this myself. Usually for me it was that the homebridge stopped working. But, in your case the light actually works and I guess that Siri never gets the acknowledgement back for some reason.

Specifically, I do not know what the issue is. Keep in mind that you have left your geographic location and now are in a different part of the world. It is certainly possible that you are being routed to a different Apple data center due to the geographic location change and this may be part of it. Not sure that anyone has tried this.

Keep in mind that Homekit and Homebridge are in reality a big research and development effort. I do not think that Apple has really officially released Homekit because if they did then there would be more of a support infrastructure for it. My point being that homekit support is missing from Apple Tv4 (Siri can not take commands for homekit) nor is there a official homekit configuration application.

Oh, I just remembered that you have the Hue lighting. Do you have Hue2 or Hue1 hub? If Hue2 then you have a certified Homekit device and potentially down another use case as we (I) are using non certified homekit devices which logically makes yours more likely to work.

Thirty years of doing home automation have taught me that technology will fail when you most need it. Hang in there, hopefully this will all get better soon.
                  HomeSeer 2, HomeSeer 3, Allonis myServer, Amazon Alexa Dots, ELK M1G, ISY 994i, HomeKit, BlueIris, and 6 "4k" Cameras using NVR, and integration between all of these systems. Home Automation since 1980.

Comment

Hi Guys,

As promised, I created a plugin which will use the 'farina' based homebridge as discussed in this topic.

The plugin will be an interface to the config.son file, but more other functionality will be added soon. Here are some screenshots to give you an idea of what it would look like.
                    I will ask a small price for this plugin, to cover the time I put into this and the support I have to give. I have several plugins hosted now and some are free and some are not. I think this is reasonable. I know Apple can shutdown the nfarina based homebridge, but I believe there will be always other workarounds, which can be used to keep the plugin working.
                    I am more the happy with the integration so far, for me it works 98% of the time.
                    Attached Files
                    Regards,

Rien du Pre
                    The Netherlands
                    Using:
                    Homeseer PRO latest HS4 BETA on a Raspberry
                    Plugin's:
                    RFXCOM, mcsMQTT, Z-Wave

Comment

Wow , did I say this amazing, awesome, been waiting for it!! Thank u. Great Xmas gift!!

Sent from my iPhone
                      Tom
                      baby steps...starting again with HS3
                      HS3Pro: Z-NET & 80 Z wave Devices,
                      HSTouch: 4 Joggler (Android Kitkat), 2 iPhone, 3 iPads
                      Whole House Audio: 5 SqueezePlay Jogglers w Bose Speakers
                      In The Works: 10 Cameras Geovision, new Adecmo/Envisalink Alarm, Arduinos
                      System: XP on Fanless Mini-ITX w/ SSD

Comment

I hope to have something ready for testing before Christmas
                        Regards,

Rien du Pre
                        The Netherlands
                        Using:
                        Plugin's:
                        RFXCOM, mcsMQTT, Z-Wave

Comment

Nice ! It will be a lot better than editing config.json !!!

However, looking at the screenshots, I think this is not going to work for specific cases, such as one HomeSeer device mapped to multiple HomeKit accessories.
                          --
                          stipus

Comment

Originally posted by stipus View Post
                            Nice ! It will be a lot better than editing config.json !!!

However, looking at the screenshots, I think this is not going to work for specific cases, such as one HomeSeer device mapped to multiple HomeKit accessories.
                            I know, I'm looking for ways to solve this, however I don't think this is widely used.
                            Regards,

Rien du Pre
                            The Netherlands
                            Using:
                            Plugin's:
                            RFXCOM, mcsMQTT, Z-Wave

Comment

I can only remember one user with a multi-sensor, with HS device values such as:
                              HS device value 0 = OK, 1= Smoke detected, 2=Carbon Monoxyde detected... etc

Unfortunately this specific device maps to 2 HomeKit devices !
                              --
                              stipus

Comment

Hi Guys,

I'm not a Linux user, so I need some help to define the path to a linux system hosting the config.son file, to support the plugin also for linux based systems.

For windows I use for instance "C:\Program Files\homebridge-homeseer" as the path.

Thanks for your help!!
                                Regards,

Rien du Pre
                                The Netherlands
                                Using:
                                Plugin's:
                                RFXCOM, mcsMQTT, Z-Wave

Comment

Working...
                                X