Best outdoor multisensor?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best outdoor multisensor?

I have some Aeotec Gen 5 multi sensors that I have removed because when I replace batteries I have to go through the exclude/include process. Not a good long term solution.

Any thoughts on better outdoor sensors?

Thanks,
    Michael

The exclude/include process sounds crazy. Is this by design?

Comment

Originally posted by Freddan101 View Post
      The exclude/include process sounds crazy. Is this by design?
      No. However when I replace the batteries on any of these sensors, they are no longer recognized by HS3.
      Michael

Comment

I have lots of those sensors, 2 of them outside. I have never had that issue with them.

Something is really wrong if you are having to do that.

Comment

Originally posted by Rvtravlr View Post
          No. However when I replace the batteries on any of these sensors, they are no longer recognized by HS3.
          I have 3 Aeotec Multisensor 6 units outside. They worked very well on batteries, but I ended up connecting them to a 5V power supply. I also have two Bosch dual mode wired sensors under the eaves looking at the driveway. They are not outdoor rated and they only detect motion, but they are very reliable and never false trigger. They have been up for a couple of years.

The multisensor 6 is outdoor rated, is fairly accurate on temperature and humidity, but the luminance is wildly inconsistent among the three. UV is useless. The luminance is consistent on each unit, but they do not track one another. They still work well for accurately enabling our low light lighting during storms and the last eclipse . When it is powered, it also acts as an active routing node. The batteries are supposed to be good for more than 2 years. I wired mine after a year and the batteries were still at 100%.
          HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

I may have to try the Gen 6 sensors. The Gen 5s that I have eat batteries every two months.

Thanks,
            Michael

Comment

The gen 5 does eat batteries. One thing I did that helped a lot was turn off the motion on them. I use them to average outside temps and humidity.

Comment

I have a gen 5 that I used pre HS3 (using Vera). I ended up powering it when I got tired of changing batteries. I should connect it again and test it with HS3.

Comment

Working...
                X