List Devices used in each Event?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

List Devices used in each Event?

Is there a way, or script, that will give a quick list of each Device in each Event?

thx!

Originally posted by Ltek View Post
    Is there a way, or script, that will give a quick list of each Device in each Event?

thx!
    I don't believe that there is, you might be able to figure out if a event has a CAPI action (which indicates a device) but not a breakdown of which device IIRC. You have the option in the events page to filter on device though on the right hand side drop down? Not sure if this is triggers, actions or both though I've never checked.

Comment

Originally posted by mrhappy View Post
      I don't believe that there is, you might be able to figure out if a event has a CAPI action (which indicates a device) but not a breakdown of which device IIRC. You have the option in the events page to filter on device though on the right hand side drop down? Not sure if this is triggers, actions or both though I've never checked.

I figured... HS runs on a database, is should be simple to do yet, we cant.

Comment

you can get the opposite information, showing which events reference specific devices using the display filters in the events page.
        HS4 Pro on Shuttle NC10U, Win10; Z-NET
        Number of Devices: 1005
        Number of Events: 293

Plug-Ins: BLLock, DirecTv, EasyTrigger, Honeywell WiFi Thermostat, Marquis monoprice Amp, MeiHarmonyHub, PHLocation2, Pushover 3P, UltraM1G3, rnbWeather, Worx Landroid, Z-Wave

External applications: Homebridge-homeseer, Geofency, EgiGeoZone.

Comment

I figured... HS runs on a database, is should be simple to do yet, we cant.
          Unfortunately the event data (other than simple references and stuff) is stored in proprietary format that is only known to HS, as such you can't get the information out unless they expose a method to do so.

Comment

Unfortunately the event data (other than simple references and stuff) is stored in proprietary format that is only known to HS, as such you can't get the information out unless they expose a method to do so.
            Rich needs to expose a method to see events properly... Date/time last ran, devices used, etc. Imo totally unacceptable for software that is over a decade old to have so many missing features

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Rich needs to expose a method to see events properly... Date/time last ran, devices used, etc. Imo totally unacceptable for software that is over a decade old to have so many missing features

You can get some of what you are after, this is the data you can get;

Code:
              Public Structure strEventData
                  Public Event_Ref As Integer				' The event reference ID number.
                  Public Event_Name As String				' The event name
                  Public Event_Type As String				' The event type, if used.
                  Public GroupID As Integer					' The event group reference ID number.
                  Public GroupName As String				' The event group name.
                  Public UserNote As String					' The user's note contents.
                  Public Last_Triggered As Date				' The time the event was last triggered or 
                  '									  Date.MinValue if it has not been triggerd before.
                  Public Retrigger_Delay As TimeSpan			' If the event is prevented from triggering within a given amount of time,
                  '									  this timespan will contain that time period.
                  Public Flag_Enabled As Boolean				' True if the event is enabled for automatic triggering.
                  Public Flag_Delete_After_Trigger As Boolean		' True if the event is deleted from the system after it triggers.
                  Public Flag_Do_Not_Log As Boolean			' True if the event is set to not log information when it is triggered.
                  Public Flag_Delayed_Event As Boolean			' True if the event was created as a result of a delayed action or trigger.
                  Public Flag_Include_in_Powerfail As Boolean		' True if the event is to be included in powerfailure recovery.
                  Public Flag_Security As Boolean				' True if the event trigger(s) can be modified by a random amount 
                  '									  when the security feature is enabled.
                  Public Flag_Priority_Event As Boolean			' True if the event is set to not have its execution queued.
                  Public Action_Count						' The number of actions in this event.
                  Public Actions As String()					' The list (array) of actions in action_type : action_name format.
                  Public Trigger_Count As Integer				' The total number of triggers and conditions in this event.
                  Public Trigger_Group_Count As Integer			' The number of trigger groups (If / Or If) in the event.
                  Public Trigger_Groups As strEventTriggerGroupData()	' The list (array of structure) of triggers in each trigger group.
              End Structure
              The issue around triggers/actions is that they do not have to be stored in HS, as such until HS calls into a plugin to display its actions/triggers (and the plugin then responds) it does not know what the names or details of the triggers/actions actually are.

Comment

You can get some of what you are after, this is the data you can get;

Code:
                Public Structure strEventData
                    Public Event_Ref As Integer' The event reference ID number.
                    Public Event_Name As String' The event name
                    Public Event_Type As String' The event type, if used.
                    Public GroupID As Integer' The event group reference ID number.
                    Public GroupName As String' The event group name.
                    Public UserNote As String' The user's note contents.
                    Public Last_Triggered As Date' The time the event was last triggered or 
                    '  Date.MinValue if it has not been triggerd before.
                    Public Retrigger_Delay As TimeSpan' If the event is prevented from triggering within a given amount of time,
                    '  this timespan will contain that time period.
                    Public Flag_Enabled As Boolean' True if the event is enabled for automatic triggering.
                    Public Flag_Delete_After_Trigger As Boolean' True if the event is deleted from the system after it triggers.
                    Public Flag_Do_Not_Log As Boolean' True if the event is set to not log information when it is triggered.
                    Public Flag_Delayed_Event As Boolean' True if the event was created as a result of a delayed action or trigger.
                    Public Flag_Include_in_Powerfail As Boolean' True if the event is to be included in powerfailure recovery.
                    Public Flag_Security As Boolean' True if the event trigger(s) can be modified by a random amount 
                    '  when the security feature is enabled.
                    Public Flag_Priority_Event As Boolean' True if the event is set to not have its execution queued.
                    Public Action_Count' The number of actions in this event.
                    Public Actions As String()' The list (array) of actions in action_type : action_name format.
                    Public Trigger_Count As Integer' The total number of triggers and conditions in this event.
                    Public Trigger_Group_Count As Integer' The number of trigger groups (If / Or If) in the event.
                    Public Trigger_Groups As strEventTriggerGroupData()' The list (array of structure) of triggers in each trigger group.
                End Structure
                The issue around triggers/actions is that they do not have to be stored in HS, as such until HS calls into a plugin to display its actions/triggers (and the plugin then responds) it does not know what the names or details of the triggers/actions actually are.
                Thanks for the help. I'll look into using those methods and see if they work. Been talking to spud, seems like he wasn't aware of them either.

Comment

Your Welcome

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	80.3 KB
ID:	1192371
                  Jon00 Device List - Also there is an Event list viewer.

Comment

I'm confused. In virtually all my events, the devices used by or affected by the event are evident by inspection of the event itself. Where it becomes murky is when an event runs a script, but those relationships are not contained in the HS database, so it's not clear how they could be readily revealed. Is that what you are looking for?

Perhaps an example of the way you would like to use the information would help.
                    Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
                    HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Originally posted by Monk View Post
                      [ATTACH]63463[/ATTACH]
                      Jon00 Device List - Also there is an Event list viewer.
                      I'll look at Jon's event list. All I need is simply..

Event XYZ
                      - device 1
                      - device 2
                      ...etc

Event ABC
                      - device 1
                      - device 2
                      ...etc

Comment

Jon00's Event List script only lists events, not what devices are in them.

So, looks like nothing exists to create a simple list of Event and associated devices.

Comment

So, looks like nothing exists to create a simple list of Event and associated devices.
                          Take a look here: https://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=193409
                          Jon

Comment

Working...
                          X