www.homeseer.com    

Go Back   HomeSeer Message Board > Media Plug-ins > Media Discussion > PI-SonosController (3P)

PI-SonosController (3P) Discussion of Sonos Controller Plug-in

Old January 12th, 2018, 04:07 AM
Seer Plus

The state of the different speaker do not update in hs3 device manager

hi,

the states of all my sonos device do not update . If i restart my pc is is ok but not for too long.

I need to use to states as a triger to control my soundbar with Harmony and other stuffs.

All the events are working if i mannually triger them.. But The Sonos plugin do not update the speaker status...so i can't use the play/pause/stop states as trigers.

thank you

Last edited by Summerguy; January 12th, 2018 at 05:35 PM.
Old January 12th, 2018, 04:30 AM
Seer Plus

Just a sample of two events
Attached Images

Old January 12th, 2018, 04:36 AM
Seer Plus

my setup page
Attached Images

Old January 12th, 2018, 11:53 AM
OverSeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summerguy View Post
my setup page
Check firewall. The PI doesn't have allowance.
Dirk
Old January 12th, 2018, 03:27 PM
Seer Plus

Thank you Dirk,

I did chnaged some setting in the firewall , and added a rule for outbound. We'll see.

For now it works.
Old January 12th, 2018, 04:50 PM
OverSeer

Quote:
Thank you Dirk,

I did chnaged some setting in the firewall , and added a rule for outbound. We'll see.

For now it works.
Wouldn't updating HomeSeer Devices require an inbound rule as well? To make sure, disable the firewall and test.

I just created an exception for HSPI_Sonos.exe and didn't create outbound or inbound rules individually. My HS Devices update reliably.

"Do or do not, there is no try"
-Yoda

PHLocation - Pushover - EasyTrigger - UltraECM3 - Ultra1Wire3 - Arduino
Old January 12th, 2018, 04:55 PM
OverSeer

Quote:
The same problem is there again :S
Firewall settings look good. I only see one entry in the outgoing and two in the incoming rules. Seem to recall that some firewalls are version specific, so if you went from say PI version 3.0.x.x to 3.1.x.x makes sure the latter is allowed. Guess easiest way is to turn firewall off and see if it works.

For the log, do not turn on the upnp logging, leave it to error only, ONLY turn on the debug flag (not the superdebug). Then pause a player, continue to play etc. If you see no events and no errors, it is your firewall or a network setting. I assume there are no routers involved between the PC running this PI and the Sonos network.

Dirk
Old January 12th, 2018, 05:03 PM
Seer Plus

my connect is connected to the router.

i allowed all the connection to my router too. but same thing.

i never installed the old sonos plugin

edit: changed the debug setting as you said... i did put my router and firewall setting to normal again.

restarted homeseer. Now at this very moment it does works. But i do not know why. And i think the problem will come in not so long
Old January 12th, 2018, 05:21 PM
Seer Plus

The problem happened again.

here is the log

Last edited by Summerguy; January 12th, 2018 at 09:41 PM.
Old January 12th, 2018, 05:47 PM
Seer Plus

Jan-12 4:41:15 PM Sonos Error GetPicture called for Zone - Living Room url= http://192.168.1.198:1400/getaa?u=x-...rother.mp3&v=1 caused error: The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found.

Jan-12 4:40:40 PM Sonos Error GetPicture called for Zone - Living Room url= http://192.168.1.198:1400/getaa?u=x-...rother.mp3&v=1 caused error: The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found.

Jan-12 4:40:24 PM Sonos Error GetPicture called for Zone - Living Room url= http://192.168.1.198:1400/getaa?u=x-...rother.mp3&v=1 caused error: The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found.

Jan-12 4:40:08 PM Sonos Error GetPicture called for Zone - Living Room url= http://192.168.1.198:1400/getaa?u=x-...rother.mp3&v=1 caused error: The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found.

Jan-12 4:31:05 PM Sonos Error GetPicture called for Zone - Living Room url= http://192.168.1.198:1400/getaa?u=x-...rother.mp3&v=1 caused error: The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found.

Jan-12 4:30:16 PM Sonos Error GetPicture called for Zone - Living Room url= http://192.168.1.198:1400/getaa?u=x-...rother.mp3&v=1 caused error: The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found.

Jan-12 4:30:16 PM Sonos Error GetPicture called for Zone - Living Room url= http://192.168.1.198:1400/getaa?u=x-...rother.mp3&v=1 caused error: The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found.
Old January 12th, 2018, 05:47 PM
OverSeer

Quote:
my connect is connected to the router.

i allowed all the connection to my router too. but same thing.

i never installed the old sonos plugin

edit: changed the debug setting as you said... i did put my router and firewall setting to normal again.

restarted homeseer. Now at this very moment it does works. But i do not know why. And i think the problem will come in not so long
The fact that it happens after say 20~30 minutes is quite typical of a firewall issue. They tend to remember that an entity that send a message to a destination, that the destination is allowed to respond. However these allowances are time-bound and go away; so after x minutes of inactivity, any now unsolicited message to the PI will not be allowed UNLESS the firewall is configured properly. Not 100% sure whether this is an inbound or outbound rule, intuitively to feel inbound. Did you try it with your firewall off for a while?

Not sure I understand your remarks about how you use your router. Is it a router or a switch? A router wouldn't work because by design it doesn't allow any broadcasting (unless you set helper addresses etc), you wouldn't even be able to discover your devices.

Will look at your log next.

Dirk
Old January 12th, 2018, 06:00 PM
OverSeer

Quote:
The problem happened again.

here is the log
The log doesn't show anything wrong but doesn't tell me anything because I don't know what you tried to do during the time you captured the log. If you issued play/pause commands between 4:16:28 and 4:17:58 then the events are totally missing in action and almost 100% sure eaten by your firewall or if you really have a router sitting in between; maybe setting on router.

Please try with FW off.

Which platform is this running on? OS version? Start-up is a bit slow, seems a lot of things happening, not an issue, just curious what you are running this on? I see some Sonos commands being issued even before the PI is properly initialized, maybe some events that kick off during init. Shouldn't be an issue ...

Dirk
Old January 12th, 2018, 06:01 PM
OverSeer

Quote:
Jan-12 4:41:15 PM Sonos Error GetPicture called for Zone - Living Room url= http://192.168.1.198:1400/getaa?u=x-...rother.mp3&v=1 caused error: The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found.

Jan-12 4:40:40 PM Sonos Error GetPicture called for Zone - Living Room url= http://192.168.1.198:1400/getaa?u=x-...rother.mp3&v=1 caused error: The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found.

Jan-12 4:40:24 PM Sonos Error GetPicture called for Zone - Living Room url= http://192.168.1.198:1400/getaa?u=x-...rother.mp3&v=1 caused error: The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found.

Jan-12 4:40:08 PM Sonos Error GetPicture called for Zone - Living Room url= http://192.168.1.198:1400/getaa?u=x-...rother.mp3&v=1 caused error: The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found.

Jan-12 4:31:05 PM Sonos Error GetPicture called for Zone - Living Room url= http://192.168.1.198:1400/getaa?u=x-...rother.mp3&v=1 caused error: The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found.

Benign errors BUT they are triggered because at that time you were receiving events
Old January 12th, 2018, 06:34 PM
Seer Plus

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcorsus View Post
The log doesn't show anything wrong but doesn't tell me anything because I don't know what you tried to do during the time you captured the log. If you issued play/pause commands between 4:16:28 and 4:17:58 then the events are totally missing in action and almost 100% sure eaten by your firewall or if you really have a router sitting in between; maybe setting on router.

Please try with FW off.

Which platform is this running on? OS version? Start-up is a bit slow, seems a lot of things happening, not an issue, just curious what you are running this on? I see some Sonos commands being issued even before the PI is properly initialized, maybe some events that kick off during init. Shouldn't be an issue ...

Dirk
Thanks Dirk

i did play pause the sonos on my cell phone or directly on the device manage page.

I also turned off the firewall, and allowed everything in my router.

I am on windows 2010 pro x64.

My sonos connect is wired to the router.

Didnt know i could connect the sonos directly to a pc. will try that one day but not now.
Old January 12th, 2018, 06:51 PM
OverSeer

Quote:
Thanks Dirk

i did play pause the sonos on my cell phone or directly on the device manage page.

I also turned off the firewall, and allowed everything in my router.

I am on windows 2010 pro x64.

My sonos connect is wired to the router.

Didnt know i could connect the sonos directly to a pc. will try that one day but not now.
I apologize if this questions is offending, but is it a router or a switch, we're talking about? Which brand/model number we're talking about?

You shouldn't have to connect your player directly to your PC, they just need to be in the same subnet. Are you familiar with subnetting?

Maybe let us know what router brand/model you are using and maybe what exactly are you setting/configuring on the router? Screen shot perhaps or something more descriptive.

Hope I didn't offend you but if a person's background is not in networking, there is a major difference between routers and switches and what they do and what they are designed NOT to do.

Dirk
Old January 12th, 2018, 07:31 PM
Seer Plus

Quote:
I apologize if this questions is offending, but is it a router or a switch, we're talking about? Which brand/model number we're talking about?

You shouldn't have to connect your player directly to your PC, they just need to be in the same subnet. Are you familiar with subnetting?

Maybe let us know what router brand/model you are using and maybe what exactly are you setting/configuring on the router? Screen shot perhaps or something more descriptive.

Hope I didn't offend you but if a person's background is not in networking, there is a major difference between routers and switches and what they do and what they are designed NOT to do.

Dirk
Thanks for your time and fast replies Dirk. I am not offended at all, i want to learn if i missed something.

no i am not familiar with subnet, but i maybe can extrapolate what this is with some information. Is a subnet something like sonos is doing with their b/g network ?

My router model is V2 wrt1900acs

i am looking at the option to set my router in english for screenshot. Cause now it is in french
Old January 12th, 2018, 07:51 PM
OverSeer

Quote:
Thanks for your time and fast replies Dirk. I am not offended at all, i want to learn if i missed something.

no i am not familiar with subnet, but i maybe can extrapolate what this is with some information. Is a subnet something like sonos is doing with their b/g network ?

My router model is V2 wrt1900acs

i am looking at the option to set my router in english for screenshot. Cause now it is in french
French is OK.

This is indeed a router, but it only routes between the WAN and the LAN port, so if your PC is on one of the 4 ports on the LAN side and your Sonos is on another LAN port OR they are on the wireless side, all should be fine.

You shouldn't do anything actually on the router at all, unless there was an option to prevent port to port communication on the LAN side, this is not typical but if you were to create a guest network, that's what would happen. I'm curious what you change on the router actually.

Sooo.... that brings us back to the firewall. We're talking firewall on your PC not router! How do you stop your Firewall? This is not AntiVirus, this is Firewall. What Firewall do you have, is it the built in Windows Defender or a 3rd party?

Getting closer....

Dirk
Old January 12th, 2018, 08:09 PM
Seer Plus

Quote:
French is OK.

This is indeed a router, but it only routes between the WAN and the LAN port, so if your PC is on one of the 4 ports on the LAN side and your Sonos is on another LAN port OR they are on the wireless side, all should be fine.

You shouldn't do anything actually on the router at all, unless there was an option to prevent port to port communication on the LAN side, this is not typical but if you were to create a guest network, that's what would happen. I'm curious what you change on the router actually.

Sooo.... that brings us back to the firewall. We're talking firewall on your PC not router! How do you stop your Firewall? This is not AntiVirus, this is Firewall. What Firewall do you have, is it the built in Windows Defender or a 3rd party?

Getting closer....

Dirk
I tried to change the channel in the iphone sonos app from 6 to 11 to 1. It seems less problematic.. but it fails one time too.. So i think this is just chance.

-Sometimes it works.
-Sometimes it works with a 10 sec delay
-Sometimes it does not work.

I have the windows firewall enable. I tried to disable it 2 hours ago.. but it chnaged nothing. I can try again, or change the firewall app completly.

I sent you a pdf file of my network. This is printed from my router. Since i use the Sonos network i gave priority to the sonos connect wich is connected to my router.
You can also see the settings i played with on my router.. but they are now to default..

Edit: My automatisation with sonos did work this time with a 5 minutes delay.. that is weird.

So i tried another command directly after that... and it works now..

So seems like it goes on and off lol

Edit 2: waited ffor it to ''bug', again. then turned off the firewall. Then try again my hs automatisation with sonos: the status of sonos do not update

Last edited by Summerguy; January 12th, 2018 at 09:40 PM.
Old January 12th, 2018, 08:49 PM
OverSeer

Quote:
I tried to change the channel in the iphone sonos app from 6 to 11 to 1. It seems less problematic.. but it fails one time too.. So i think this is just chance.

-Sometimes it works.

I have the windows firewall enable. I tried to disable it 2 hours ago.. but it chnaged nothing. I can try again, or change the firewall app completly.

I sent you a pdf file of my network. This is printed from my router. Since i use the Sonos network i gave priority to the sonos connect wich is connected to my router.
You can also see the settings i played with on my router.. but they are now to default..

Edit: My automatisation with sonos did work this time with a 5 minutes delay.. that is weird.

So i tried another command directly after that... and it works now..

So seems like it goes on and off lol

Edit 2: waited ffor it to ''bug', again. then turned off the firewall. Then try again my hs automatisation with sonos: the status of sonos do not update
So the settings are all about your local network to internet traffic so they are not affecting any of what we are doing here.
I see a bunch of devices connected to the LAN versus wireless, there are more than 4 of them. This router only has 4 ports, do you use a hub or a switch to break out your local network into more wired ports?

Maybe we have a couple of different issues going on here ....
Let's say that the firewall *might* be part of the issue, so leave it off while we re-calibrate our issues.

When you write:
Sometimes it works.

what does "works" mean? You have an event that doesn't do what you want it to do? You have a status that is not being updates? If so, what are you looking at? Status on HS3 web-page, HSTouch screen on your web-browser on your phone? Make sure the problem is not with the refreshing of whatever tool you are looking at.

If it doesn't work, will it never work, or does it sometimes start working again (without you restarting anything)?

I do see in your table that all 3 players are wired. If you have only ONE player wired and leave the other 2 disconnected and force them to use their own SonosNet, does it make a difference? If you wire up all your players it is crucial to understand how the connection BETWEEN them is. Is this going through the Linksys router on the LAN side, are there switches in between etc. You MUST have STP or RSTP enabled on all switches else there is a reasonable change that the wired players are going to create network loops, which *might* be an explanation why it sometime takes longer times or something it doesn't work at all.

I would also recommend you remove the attachments (click edit, advanced, remove attachment) from previous postings because there is a bunch of network info in their that prying eyes should see.

Dirk
Old January 12th, 2018, 10:06 PM
Seer Plus

I have 4 devices connected to my router.

1.My homeseer PC
2. My Lutron Pro Hub
3. My WD Server
4. The Sonos connect ( wich is connected to my soundbar ) ( And wich acts as a bridge for the two other sonos players i think? So this is why they are written as wired maybe.)

I do not have any switch on my local network.

what i meant by it does not work.. is the sonos status of my sonos devices ( in hs3 device page) do not update when i press the play or pause button on the iphone app. Or they update after a delay.

I use the play/pause states of the sonos device to trigger harmony activities . I know sonos is the problem because if i manually turn on the harmony event ( trigered by sonos states) in the hs3 event page, it does work.

I removed the files on the thread thanks.

edit: as you can see in the picture below, the track position is more advanced in time then the track Lenght. Wich means the states have not been updated

Quote:
So the settings are all about your local network to internet traffic so they are not affecting any of what we are doing here.
I see a bunch of devices connected to the LAN versus wireless, there are more than 4 of them. This router only has 4 ports, do you use a hub or a switch to break out your local network into more wired ports?

Maybe we have a couple of different issues going on here ....
Let's say that the firewall *might* be part of the issue, so leave it off while we re-calibrate our issues.

When you write:
Sometimes it works.

what does "works" mean? You have an event that doesn't do what you want it to do? You have a status that is not being updates? If so, what are you looking at? Status on HS3 web-page, HSTouch screen on your web-browser on your phone? Make sure the problem is not with the refreshing of whatever tool you are looking at.

If it doesn't work, will it never work, or does it sometimes start working again (without you restarting anything)?

I do see in your table that all 3 players are wired. If you have only ONE player wired and leave the other 2 disconnected and force them to use their own SonosNet, does it make a difference? If you wire up all your players it is crucial to understand how the connection BETWEEN them is. Is this going through the Linksys router on the LAN side, are there switches in between etc. You MUST have STP or RSTP enabled on all switches else there is a reasonable change that the wired players are going to create network loops, which *might* be an explanation why it sometime takes longer times or something it doesn't work at all.

I would also recommend you remove the attachments (click edit, advanced, remove attachment) from previous postings because there is a bunch of network info in their that prying eyes should see.

Dirk
Attached Images

Last edited by Summerguy; January 14th, 2018 at 12:29 AM.