No announcement yet.

Echo Show

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I installed the app on my phone, but it doesnt seam to add the contacts. I uninstalled it and reinstalled it but did not upload any contacts.anyone else had this same issue.
    Hector
    MyTrigger,ACRF2,W800,Zwave
    AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

Originally posted by Rvtravlr View Post
      Can you call/intercom other family members?

Michael
      I don't have other family members on this Amazon account so I don't know what is possible there. You can call yourself though so if I call myself from one Echo all the other Echos will ring and anyone can answer from a different Echo in the house.

Comment

Originally posted by Rotech View Post
        I installed the app on my phone, but it doesnt seam to add the contacts. I uninstalled it and reinstalled it but did not upload any contacts.anyone else had this same issue.
        It will only add contacts who have downloaded the latest rev of the Alexa app and enabled the calling feature. My niece was the only contact that showed up for me at first. As more of your contacts get the new Alexa app your contact list will expand.

Comment

Originally posted by upstatemike View Post
          It will only add contacts who have downloaded the latest rev of the Alexa app and enabled the calling feature. My niece was the only contact that showed up for me at first. As more of your contacts get the new Alexa app your contact list will expand.
          So your saying it isn't immediately? The only one I see is my name. By any chance you know which it the lastedt ver? My phone is android
          Hector
          AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

So your saying it isn't immediately? The only one I see is my name. By any chance you know which it the lastedt ver? My phone is android
            My android says 1.24.2017.0 for client version and 2.0.1057.1 for bridge version.

Have you confirmed with one of your contacts that they have installed the latest Alexa app version and enabled the voice services? That way you will know of at least one contact that should appear in your list.

Comment

I also like the way the Intercom works. A family member can just say "Alexa Call Mike" from any Echo in the house and all of the other Echos plus my cell phone start ringing. Whichever place I answer from it immediately turns into a hands free point-to-point call. I like how it is hands free both to initiate and pick up the call (unless I pick it up on the cell) and folks use the same method to reach me regardless if I am in the house or off somewhere.

A cool new feature for my existing Echos and will be even better when my Echo Shows arrive.
              Holy cow... that works GREAT. Didn't know you could call yourself.... Worked perfectly.

As an intercom, a bit weird to have to call 'myself' to reach other family members in the house..... but it's a start.

Comment

My android says 1.24.2017.0 for client version and 2.0.1057.1 for bridge version.

Have you confirmed with one of your contacts that they have installed the latest Alexa app version and enabled the voice services? That way you will know of at least one contact that should appear in your list.
                I have the same client and bridge ver. As you do. I dont have anyone that has the app , wonder why mines isn't working. May need to wait for next update it seams. ..
                Hector
                AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

Originally posted by Tomgru View Post
                  Holy cow... that works GREAT. Didn't know you could call yourself.... Worked perfectly.

As an intercom, a bit weird to have to call 'myself' to reach other family members in the house..... but it's a start.
                  Works here as well. I am the only contact that I found but I was able to call myself.
                  I could see some utility for example if you don't know if someone is in the house, it will call both the Echo(s) and the linked cell phone
                  DSteiNeuro

HS3Pro

MSI Cubi Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-5200U CPU @ 2.20GHz, 2201 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s) 16GB DDRl RAM

Enabled Plug-Ins
                  BLRussound, BLSpeech, HSTouch Server, JowiHue, MyQ, Nest, Rain8, Squeezebox, Ultra1Wire3, UltraGCIR3, Vista Alarm, X10,Z-Wave

Comment

I have the same client and bridge ver. As you do. I dont have anyone that has the app , wonder why mines isn't working. May need to wait for next update it seams. ..
                    Just to be clear it will only add contacts who have the app so Alexa has a way to communicate with them. If you don't have anyone in your phone's contact list who has the app enabled on their phone/Amazon account then there is nobody Alexa can reach so no names will be shown in your app. You don't need an update you just need somebody you know to enable the service so you can talk to them.

Comment

Originally posted by Rvtravlr View Post
                      Can you call/intercom other family members?

Michael

If you have multiple Echos, when you message yourself, they all turn green. So when I am in the garage, I can send a message to my wife in the kitchen. It's like a whole house intercom. I like this!

Steve Q

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                      HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.368, Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 - Home, Number of Devices: 373, Number of Events: 666, Enabled Plug-Ins
                      2.0.83.0: BLRF, 2.0.10.0: BLUSBUIRT, 3.0.0.75: HSTouch Server, 3.0.0.58: mcsXap, 3.0.0.11: NetCAM, 3.0.0.36: X10, 3.0.1.25: Z-Wave,Alexa,HomeKit

Comment

Here we have 3 echo and 2 dots. It works great as a whole house intercom. Once the family member answers, only those two echos are connected for a hands free intercom
                        Blair

HomeSeer: HS3 Pro | Blue-Iris 4 on Windows10Pro
                        | Devices: 832 | Events: 211 |
                        Plug-Ins: Z-Wave | RFXCOM | UltraRachio3 | Sonos
                        BLLAN | BLLOCK | NetCAM | Global Cache Pro | Blue-Iris4

Comment

Working...
                        X