X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Keypad link Test

Mark,

Later this morning I am going to setup the test with all power off except HS3 and the Keypad like and the test device will be on the same circuits. I going back to 3.0.6.0 for the plugin, and I will use 6.9 keypad firmware and for the Keypad I will turn off sync buttons and I will not use trigger for HS3 buttons and detail logging. The keypad link will be crossed link I will first run the test from the Keypad link, then from the device where it seems to fail.

Is there anything else you wish?

Joe

Comment

Joe, i found the issue with the physical kpl btns not updating in a radio group when controlled from the hs dev mgmt page. I'll post a new beta once i finish my testing.
      Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
      Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
      Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
      Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Keypad link Test

Hi Mark,

Sorry about not testing for noise yet, my 93 old father-in-law had a bad fall and my wife have been other wise occupied. That's sounds great! Will that fix the issue when we control device x, the Keypad link respond almost the same way?

Joe.

Comment

Originally posted by JRomstadt View Post
          Hi Mark,

Sorry about not testing for noise yet, my 93 old father-in-law had a bad fall and my wife have been other wise occupied. That's sounds great! Will that fix the issue when we control device x, the Keypad link respond almost the same way?

Joe.
          sorry to hear about your father-in-law

the next beta should resolve the issue you mentioned.
          Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
          Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
          Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
          Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Joe,
            do you have time to test a new beta version? let me know when and i'l post to the beta section of the updater
            Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Yes, I can test tonight or tomorrow morning,
              Just tell me, how you want me to test.
              Joe.

Comment

I have posted 3.0.6.15 in the beta section of the Updater.

I have attempted to resolve the hs device status-to-kpl LED sync issue you reported

so with your kpl btns that are in a radio group, please exercise the hs devices using the On btns, and see if the plugin keeps the hs devices in sync and updates the kpl LEDs.

the kpl btns that are in a 'combine group' should also stay in sync

for now, return the kpl settings 9within the plugin) to Toggle mode as opposed to non-toggle On.

i don't think it using non-toggle on mode with a radio group makes sense
                Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Key Pad Link Issues...

Mark,

Just to make sure I have this correct.
                  Button A Toggle Radio Group 1
                  Button B Toggle Radio Group 1

Then how do you wish me to link the Keypad Link to Device X?

Also the two devices I am using are...
                  Name Address Type Firmware
                  Test Key Pad 44.2C.24 Dual-Band KeypadLinc Dimmer 45
                  Test Device X 1F.F9.B0 Micro Module On/Off 43

Joe.

Comment

Mark,

Just to make sure I have this correct.
                    Button A Toggle Radio Group 1
                    Button B Toggle Radio Group 1

Then how do you wish me to link the Keypad Link to Device X?

Also the two devices I am using are...
                    Name Address Type Firmware
                    Test Key Pad 44.2C.24 Dual-Band KeypadLinc Dimmer 45
                    Test Device X 1F.F9.B0 Micro Module On/Off 43

Joe.
                    I guess create links from btn a & b to your devices with the necessary on levels; remember you can set the on level to Off. the links aren't that important for me. I didn't change anything that would affect link behavior
                    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Key Pad Link Issues...

Mark,

I kinked Button A to Device X on (Not Crossed Linked), then Linked Button B to Device X Off (Not Crossed Link).

Pressing Button A on keypad link turns Device X on, Pressing Button B on keypad link turns Device X Off. That works ok.

But when I turn Button A on from HS Device Manager it turns off Button B, turns on Button A and Switches Device X on.

The Problem is when I turn on Button B from HS Device Manager if turns off Button A and turns on Button B, but Device X stays on.

So I think Links are involved some how, that's just a guess.
                      I am including a video of the HS Device Manager, Log and the two devices settings and links.

BTW: Setting Error Blink Off does not work it says it did set it but if you get the plugin read device and links you will see that it on comes back in as on, this is just a FYI.

Joe.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Joe, if you didn't have hs, could you program the switches to do what you want with links, and kpl configurations?

I ask just to make sure what you are trying to do is actually possible.
                        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Key Pad Link Issues...

Mark,

I am pretty sure I did it that way before, but I will check it today or tomorrow.
                          But I think I am sure it should work this way.

KeyPad Link Button A and Button B in radio group 1, I think they both be set to only toggle on for keypad link.

KeyPad Link Button A cross link to Device X.

So if Device X goes on via the Control Panel or via the Switch the following should occure.
                          Button A goes on Button B goes off, Device X goes on.

Then if Device X goes off via Control Panel Button A goes off and Button B goes on and Device X turns off.

I give Insteon or SmartHome a call today just to make sure I am correct.
                          May even setup the software HouseLink on a separate network to verify. I will let you know my results.

Joe.
                          Joe.

Comment

BTW: Setting Error Blink Off does not work it says it did set it but if you get the plugin read device and links you will see that it on comes back in as on, this is just a FYI.
                            I need the 4 digit devicetype number from the insteon.ini for this device in quesiton
                            Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Key Pad Link Issues...

Hi Mark,

There are two (2) devices that I am having issues with.
                              1). Keypad Link Blink on Error setting.
                              2). Led Light Level on Micro On/Off setting.
                              Just a FYI. In the HouseLink Product that Insteon or SmartHome puts out they do something cool with the Led Light Levels. As you know Insteon has changed in their products the number of steps in the led level over the years. I have some devices with 116 or so steps and others with 254 or so, thus it hard to get all devices to the same lever. What HouseLink does it takes the number of steps in the link and divides it by 100. So Something with 116/100 = 1.16 then the take that 1.16 and multiply it is steps of 10% all the way to 100% and that way all the devices are so close that one cannot even tell the difference from a device with 116 steps vs 254 steps in it. You could even go in 1% increments that would give us the control we have now but with better precision and control over Led Light Levels.
                              Just a thought.

This is the Device than I can not set Blink Led on Error:

[Device 81]
                              DeviceID=44.2C.24
                              DeviceName=Key Pad
                              DeviceLocation=Test
                              DeviceType=0142
                              FirmwareVer=45
                              DatabaseDelta=1
                              LinksDownloaded=1
                              PollingInterval=0
                              Protocol=3
                              EEValues=LEDBrightness=64,NonToggleButtons=0,NonToggleOnOff= 0,OnLEDMask1=0,OffLEDMask1=0,DefaultOnLevel=254,DefaultRampR ate=31,OnLEDMask3=8,OffLEDMask3=8,OnLEDMask4=4,OffLEDMask4=4 ,OnLEDMask5=0,OffLEDMask5=0,OnLEDMask6=0,OffLEDMask6=0,OpFla gs1=0,OpFlags5=13

The following two (2) devices we can not set Led Light Level, both are Micro On/Off Modules:

[Device 82]
                              DeviceID=41.87.0B
                              DeviceName=Device A
                              DeviceLocation=Test
                              DeviceType=022F
                              FirmwareVer=48
                              DatabaseDelta=42
                              LinksDownloaded=1
                              PollingInterval=0
                              Protocol=3
                              EEValues=LEDBrightness=0,OpFlags1=0,OpFlags6=0

and...

[Device 65]
                              DeviceID=1F.DB.04
                              DeviceName=Back Yard Guest Spot
                              DeviceLocation=Outside
                              DeviceType=022F
                              FirmwareVer=43
                              Protocol=3
                              EEValues=LEDBrightness=0,OpFlags1=16,OpFlags6=0

Thanks Joe.

Comment

Key Pad Link Issues...

Mark,

FYI: I just discovered this about the Micro ON/OFF Modules...

When using the Yellow Sense wire for turning the device on or off by applying hot to the yellow wire; the Micro On/Off Module Transmits an Fast On or Fast Off command not ON or OFF command.

Don't know if that matters in the linking or sync issue.

Joe.

Comment

Working...
                                X