Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yet again, for umpteenth time, IFTTT recipes stopped working., When checked, it tells me to try reconnecting HomeSeer channel. When I do, it says, "Could not reconnect channel"....

Definitely NOT anything even remotely reliable. Only to be used for fun (or frustration, depending on the stars that day)

Comment

It has actually been rock solid for me the last couple of weeks. Even faster it seems after the .206 update.
      HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.
      Running on Windows 10 (64) virtualized
      on ESXi (Fujitsu Primergy TX150 S8).
      WinSeer (for Win10) - TextSeer - FitbitSeer - HSPI_MoskusSample

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

Originally posted by Moskus View Post
        It has actually been rock solid for me the last couple of weeks. Even faster it seems after the .206 update.
        I don't think my problems are with HomeSeer. I just have not seen IFTTT being that most reliable...

Comment

Originally posted by Moskus View Post
          Do you happen to use Homeseer events? Just curious if I'm the only one seeing devices but not events.

Comment

No, I don't trigger something in HS from IFTTT, just the other way around. But I will have a look.

EDIT: No, my Events show up fine.
            HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.
            Running on Windows 10 (64) virtualized
            on ESXi (Fujitsu Primergy TX150 S8).
            WinSeer (for Win10) - TextSeer - FitbitSeer - HSPI_MoskusSample

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

Originally posted by aperkin2 View Post
              Do you happen to use Homeseer events? Just curious if I'm the only one seeing devices but not events.

I am only using devices, but I just tried building a new recipe and I do see my events available.
              cheeryfool

Comment

Thanks Moskus and cheeryfool. Sounds like something with my configuration or my myhs id. I did attempt to connect the new Alexa support and maybe that caused some issue. I'll open a ticket to get HS to look at it.

Comment

IFTTT-Android location

Hello
                  My issue is like cheeryfool's issue (post 16). I downloaded the IFTTT plugin on homeseer and the App on my mobile, I created an account on doropbox and I used the Android location (In IFTTT) to georeference my position and to create the IFTTT trigger to activate a devive on homeseer. I would like activate a my device in homeseer when I arrive in the specific area near my home that I put in the App IFTT (Android location) . When Iarrive in that specific area in the IFTTT App I can see that the message is correct but in the homeseer the device it doesn't trasposing the action. Where is the problem? Perhaps still doesn't the app IFTTT work very well with homeseer ? I don't know where I made a mistake. Is there anyone that can help me? Thanks

RenderCAD
                  PLUGIN:Z-Wave:,Restart:,ADIO-100:,HSTouch Server:,BLMediaPlayer:,NetCAM:,IFTTT:,Arduino Plugin:,Current Cost:,Current Cost 3P:,VWS:

Comment

Note that HS does not require plugin, so if you are using the IFTTT plugin, then you are using Spud's plugin and you should post issues in his forum.

Originally posted by RenderCAD View Post
                    Hello
                    My issue is like cheeryfool's issue (post 16). I downloaded the IFTTT plugin on homeseer and the App on my mobile, I created an account on doropbox and I used the Android location (In IFTTT) to georeference my position and to create the IFTTT trigger to activate a devive on homeseer. I would like activate a my device in homeseer when I arrive in the specific area near my home that I put in the App IFTT (Android location) . When Iarrive in that specific area in the IFTTT App I can see that the message is correct but in the homeseer the device it doesn't trasposing the action. Where is the problem? Perhaps still doesn't the app IFTTT work very well with homeseer ? I don't know where I made a mistake. Is there anyone that can help me? Thanks

RenderCAD
                    PLUGIN:Z-Wave:,Restart:,ADIO-100:,HSTouch Server:,BLMediaPlayer:,NetCAM:,IFTTT:,Arduino Plugin:,Current Cost:,Current Cost 3P:,VWS:
                    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

I am using the inbuilt version, and I also use IFTTT with several other automation applications / devices that I have, using their own channels.

I have to say that the HomeSeer implementation is the most troublesome of all the versions and ironically, indirectly using the myHomeSeer service, the only one I have had to pay for and continue to do so as I have multiple HS apps !

It is always very hit and miss as to whether it works or not and always seems to be the first to stop working. I still have problems with reported date/times and always having to re-initialise the channel and rebuild recipes. Or nowadays I've taken to just waitinh a week or so and it magically starts working again... I think the IFTTT implementation needs a little TLC to move from a tickbox item to a robust implementation but hopefully this will improve over time.

K

Comment

Can you give me recipe that is not working or is unreliable and I will set it up and monitor. The recipes I currently have are working reliably.

Originally posted by CouchPotatoe View Post
                        I am using the inbuilt version, and I also use IFTTT with several other automation applications / devices that I have, using their own channels.

I have to say that the HomeSeer implementation is the most troublesome of all the versions and ironically, indirectly using the myHomeSeer service, the only one I have had to pay for and continue to do so as I have multiple HS apps !

It is always very hit and miss as to whether it works or not and always seems to be the first to stop working. I still have problems with reported date/times and always having to re-initialise the channel and rebuild recipes. Or nowadays I've taken to just waitinh a week or so and it magically starts working again... I think the IFTTT implementation needs a little TLC to move from a tickbox item to a robust implementation but hopefully this will improve over time.

K
                        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Sorry, rjh
                          Now I put the post in the area "Spud Plugin "
                          Thanks

RenderCAD

Comment

Not all virtual devices are visible to IFTTT

I use a number of virtual devices (no code, no address). Some virtual devices are visible to IFTTT, some are not. Creating a new virtual device ends up being visible in IFTTT. Looking at their definition in the .hsd, they all seem to have identical characteristics.

What am I missing here?

Comment

Originally posted by claude View Post
                              I use a number of virtual devices (no code, no address). Some virtual devices are visible to IFTTT, some are not. Creating a new virtual device ends up being visible in IFTTT. Looking at their definition in the .hsd, they all seem to have identical characteristics.

What am I missing here?

Compare the Control Use settings in the Status Graphics tab between one that works and one that doesn't. I think new devices default to have this setting configured but older devices created before this functionality was added are probably set to Not Specified.

I hope that's it!
                              cheeryfool

Comment

Originally posted by cheeryfool View Post
                                Compare the Control Use settings in the Status Graphics tab between one that works and one that doesn't. I think new devices default to have this setting configured but older devices created before this functionality was added are probably set to Not Specified.

I hope that's it!
                                That was my first thought, so I went in and set one's Control use to Off (for both values), but still didn't show up in IFTTT. Then, after reading your post, I tried setting the On to Control use On and that appears to have done it.

Comment

Working...
                                X