Help with an event

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help with an event

SO I have an event set up to snap a pic using the connect and email it to me if my front door is opened. Getting the following error in my log:

Mar-02 12:11:02 AM Event Event Security Email pic if motion detected, Action of Send an Email could not be carried out because its configuration is not complete.
    Mar-02 12:11:02 AM Kinect DEBUG at System.Drawing.Image.Save(String filename, ImageCodecInfo encoder, EncoderParameters encoderParams) at HSPI_KINECT.ImageExtensions.SaveJpeg(Image img, String filePath, Int64 quality) at HSPI_KINECT.KinectApp.TakePicture(String filePath)
    Mar-02 12:11:02 AM Kinect ERROR A generic error occurred in GDI+.

This is the event I'm using. I've changed it to email the CurrentImage.jpg for the time being so that I can at least get the pic snapped from my foscam but would prefer one from the kinect as it's in a different position.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	64.7 KB
ID:	1209112

Anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

You need a valid "from" address in the email. Also, embedding a URL in the body of the text may not be allowed. I send the image as an attachment.

Steve Q

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.368, Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 - Home, Number of Devices: 373, Number of Events: 666, Enabled Plug-Ins
    2.0.83.0: BLRF, 2.0.10.0: BLUSBUIRT, 3.0.0.75: HSTouch Server, 3.0.0.58: mcsXap, 3.0.0.11: NetCAM, 3.0.0.36: X10, 3.0.1.25: Z-Wave,Alexa,HomeKit

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Q View Post
      You need a valid "from" address in the email. Also, embedding a URL in the body of the text may not be allowed. I send the image as an attachment.

Steve Q

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
      The email sends just fine and it is an attachment. The error is that the Kinect is not taking the picture. When I use the foscam instead, it works just fine.

"Mar-02 12:11:02 AM Kinect DEBUG at System.Drawing.Image.Save(String filename, ImageCodecInfo encoder, EncoderParameters encoderParams) at HSPI_KINECT.ImageExtensions.SaveJpeg(Image img, String filePath, Int64 quality) at HSPI_KINECT.KinectApp.TakePicture(String filePath)
      Mar-02 12:11:02 AM Kinect ERROR A generic error occurred in GDI+."

Comment

Originally posted by rmiles7721 View Post
        The email sends just fine and it is an attachment. The error is that the Kinect is not taking the picture. When I use the foscam instead, it works just fine.

"Mar-02 12:11:02 AM Kinect DEBUG at System.Drawing.Image.Save(String filename, ImageCodecInfo encoder, EncoderParameters encoderParams) at HSPI_KINECT.ImageExtensions.SaveJpeg(Image img, String filePath, Int64 quality) at HSPI_KINECT.KinectApp.TakePicture(String filePath)
        Mar-02 12:11:02 AM Kinect ERROR A generic error occurred in GDI+."
        The path of the jpg file you provide must exist on the machine where the plugin instance is running. So, if you are running a remote instance the jpg file won't be written to your HS3 machine.

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post
          The path of the jpg file you provide must exist on the machine where the plugin instance is running. So, if you are running a remote instance the jpg file won't be written to your HS3 machine.

Thanks, that took care of it. Once I added the correct remote path on the Kinect machine it worked.

Comment

Working...
          X