Two Echo's with one Zee S2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Two Echo's with one Zee S2

Homeseer will only work with one Echo at a time even if the Echo's have different owner accounts. It seems the deal breaker is the enable / log-in we use for our single S2 device. The last Echo to enable the skill
    automatically disables the other Echo from that HS skill. Alexa then says "sorry the device is not responding, please check its network connection and power supply".

In other words Homeseer will only work with one Amazon account at a time in the same household.

There must be a way around this so that I can use my HS on two different Echo's in the house!!??
    Help please........

Originally posted by chasers03 View Post
    Homeseer will only work with one Echo at a time even if the Echo's have different owner accounts. It seems the deal breaker is the enable / log-in we use for our single S2 device. The last Echo to enable the skill
    automatically disables the other Echo from that HS skill. Alexa then says "sorry the device is not responding, please check its network connection and power supply".

In other words Homeseer will only work with one Amazon account at a time in the same household.

There must be a way around this so that I can use my HS on two different Echo's in the house!!??
    Help please........

If you only use one Amazon account you can have multiple Alexa enabled devices on it. It's Alexa the service that is linked to myhs, not the physical Echo, Dots etc.

I have one Echo, 5 Dots and various other 'soft' Alexa apps all on one Amazon account and all operating correctly.

I don't know if it's possible to support more than one Amazon account with the paid, multi-instance version of myhs.
    cheeryfool

Comment

Cheery thanks for sharing.

When I register each of the two Echo's to the same Amazon Acct Holder I am able to operate all Homeseer devices from either Echo.

The problem with having one account is that my Harmony Skill can only be attributed to one Harmony Hub which means that both Echo's now control only one Harmony Hub/TV. ie. the main level TV and the lower level Echo cannot operate the Hub/TV on that lower level.

So the answer to my desire to operate a different TV with each Echo was to set up the Echo's, each under a different Amazon account. Having two accounts also allows my wife to customize the Alexa output in terms of news, music & Skills.

However when I did that, the Homeseer S2 would only work with one Echo, ie. the last Echo to have the Homeseer Skill enabled and devices discovered. So that means that other Echo cannot control any Homeseer Devices in the house.

I want the Homeseer engineers to find a way around this so I can have both Echo's operating under separate accounts but with the same Homeseer Skill enabled.

Comment

So to clarify I am now giving homeseer commands to both ehco's by using my Alexa Acct. in each echo.

As for the unique harmony TV Hub commands I have set my account to work with the upstairs TV Hub and my wife's account to work with the downstairs TV Hub. So we use her Alexa Acct. downstairs but it does not have a functioning Homeseer Skill as mine does.

So if we want to control lights etc. downstairs I activate my account on that echo.

Thank goodness it is easy to say "Alexa switch accounts"

Hopefully I haven't confused you.

Comment

Sounds like a good workaround, if it's quick to change accounts. You could also add a Dot downstairs on your account and next to her Echo then use different attention phrases on your respective accts.
          cheeryfool

Comment

Another possibility is to purchase a subscription to myHS.

It's $25 per year and allows you to add up to 5 additional users to your myHS account.

By tying each user to your single system, then using those logins during the echo linking process, you can have multiple echo's all connected to the same system.

(you can have more than 5 users, but I think it's another $5 per 5 users)
            Wade

"I know nothing... nothing!"

Comment

Working...
            X