Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best procedure for removing/replacing a light

Hi Wim,

I have a number of lights that I would like to upgrade. I know that lights can now be deleted with the new hue app. I have already replaced one light by adding a replacement and then deleting the old one. It didn't go smoothly but eventually the deleted buld was removed by the plugin but I needed to delete the devices manually.

Is there a best procedure you recommend, particularly with my next replacement in a number of groups and animations?

Cheers

J

I got it.
    Add new light.
    Move all jowi scenes to use new light.
    Shut down plugin.
    Delete old light.
    Restart plugin.
    Fix HS devices/events.

I should have shut the plugin down before deleting the old light. Seemed to work better.

Comment

Jason,

I guess your method should be good to go.. I did not really test removal of lights in the last few releases, I guess "life" removal of lights might not work very well yet. But I thought the plugin was already recognising if lights were removed.
      I will have a look at it and see if I can make this smoother for the future

Thanks!

Wim
      -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

Hi Wim

I got some weird error the first time (I thought it might be something to do with the database, but can't Remember), that kept repeating but eventually the plugin sorted itself out and told me the light had gone and I needed to delete the hs devices manually. The second time, I didn't get the error and eventually the plugin told me the light had gone and again I needed to delete it manually.
        To be honest it's fine as it is, at least it gives you chance to change your events before deleting the devices, and the affected event being cleared of the old device.

Cheers

J

Comment

Working...
        X